test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Iconian Tech in "Alpha" for KDF-Romulans ?

thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just checked the "Delta Recruit Details", and noticed I'm supposed to collect 1 Iconian Tech in the Mission "Alpha" ... but unless I'm missing something here ... Romulans don't even have access to this Mission ???
Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
Post edited by thutmosis85 on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are 8 techs total for Rom-KDF, but you only need 7 to unlock the device reward. So you don't need to do Alpha. Not sure why it's listed there, probably unintentional.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just saw this myself. Herp-a-diddly-derp.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • gutahadurgutahadur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is by a large tree to the left of the crash site.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Confirming this bug. Mission isn't available, yet there's a box there.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    atm the only way for rom-kdf to get this mission is to team up with a kdf, so there is no solo option available until/unless they fix it somehow
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    There are 8 techs total for Rom-KDF, but you only need 7 to unlock the device reward. So you don't need to do Alpha. Not sure why it's listed there, probably unintentional.
    I guess that's the same for Taris and the Fed Roms ?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• lordzakathlordzakath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I guess that's the same for Taris and the Fed Roms ?

That is correct. My Fed/Rom doesn't have access to Taris.

I also noted that Feds and KDFs do not have access to the Romulan mission "Revelation" either.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A friend of mine (thanks Duke!) used one of his KDF toons to help my DR KDF-Rom get the tech from Alpha. He acquired the mission, entered the mission system, invited me to team, and I was then able to enter the system, too. Once we beamed down to the planet, he bailed, but I was able to remain and find the tech.

He was not able to actually share the Alpha mission with me, so it never appeared in my journal, and I didn't get any rewards from the mission itself, but I did get the credit/reward for the tech (which is all I really cared about, anyway).

In one sense, I like the idea of "requiring" DR toons to team-up with other faction-specific characters to complete all the tech locations (The Taris mission being the Fed analog), but the fact that it has no proper "how-to" instructions/mission hooks, doesn't appear to be an intentional arrangement, but rather clearly appears to be a problem stemming from cut'n'paste sloppiness and/or a bug, is typically craptic.

:rolleyes:

ETA: Alpha (and Taris) are being removed from the requriements:
    jheinig wrote: »
    Both "Taris" and "Alpha" will be removed from the Romulan Delta Recruit mission list.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23220341&postcount=23

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.