test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Fleet ships will not have a trait.

razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
Not sure if anyone else saw this, but the ship stats news says that T6 fleet ships will not have a trait. So you will need to buy the C-Store version to get them.
Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
Post edited by razar2380 on

Comments

• architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It should be noted that Fleet Tier 6 ships do not come with a 5th*level of Starship Mastery and thus do not have a Starship Trait.

Saw this, not happy . . . Knew they would do this.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No big surprise really... Need to milk the cash-cow somehow, right?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah are any of you truly surprised here? If so, why?!

Cryptic never put anything other than the base ship hull for non C-Store fleet variants. For T5 you never got the unique console if you just bought the fleet variant so why cry when they don't offer the console and trait from the C-Store T6? It's clear as day this was going to be the case, Cryptic have to get their money from the store don't they; not like they'd give it away for free.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Personally, I don't buy fleet ships because for me they are a waste since I don't need the slight advantage they give. But I know that there are some that do like them which is why I posted the thread.

It may be a good idea to let ones in your fleets, or friends list know so that they don't buy them thinking they are getting a full T6 ship. I am going to send out a fleet-wide mail to let others know about it in my fleet.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It should be noted that Fleet Tier 6 ships do not come with a 5th*level of Starship Mastery and thus do not have a Starship Trait.

Saw this, not happy . . . Knew they would do this.
    So? It's not needed on the Fleet version of a Tier 6 ship.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    Yeah are any of you truly surprised here? If so, why?!

Cryptic never put anything other than the base ship hull for non C-Store fleet variants. For T5 you never got the unique console if you just bought the fleet variant so why cry when they don't offer the console and trait from the C-Store T6? It's clear as day this was going to be the case, Cryptic have to get their money from the store don't they; not like they'd give it away for free.

Since when are fleet ships free? They still cost $20-25 worth of fleet modules and no matter weather you bought them or someone else did and you just picked them up on the exchange, it's still $20-25 down their throat.

The whole system seems utterly moronic, especially if you're intending to buy both: with the consoles you could buy the c-store ship, buy the fleet version and transfer the console immediately. Now you are basically forced to fly around in the crappy version to get the skill unlock before you can "upgrade" yourself to the fleet version...
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fleet Ships never came with special consoles or weapons (unless they were fused) either!!

Lets all get really pissy over something that's been set as a standard since Fleet ships came out!

:rolleyes:
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just as before, you're supposed to buy the C-Store version for the console and trait, which you can then use on the fleet version.

Nothing new.
  • kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fleet Ships never came with special consoles or weapons (unless they were fused) either!!

Lets all get really pissy over something that's been set as a standard since Fleet ships came out!

Feds always get pissy over everything its not something new either lol. They whined about it when fleet ships were first released and no real surprise that they are whinin about it once again.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So? It's not needed on the Fleet version of a Tier 6 ship.

It's not needed ONLY if you bought the C store version.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited April 2015
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    Feds always get pissy over everything its not something new either lol. They whined about it when fleet ships were first released and no real surprise that they are whinin about it once again.

I wouldn't restrict it to just Feds.

I'd say it's all the whiners.

Some people are whining over the new ships not having 4+ Tac consoles.

Others are whining that the Negh'Var doesn't have a console set bonus.

Some are whining about the Fleet ships not having a trait (or console!).

Others are whining about the fact that these ships exist in the first place.

The T6 Galaxy exceeded my expectations. At this point, people are crying just to cry.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not needed ONLY if you bought the C store version.

Meh, that's relative to your reasons for buying a T-6. You're assuming that everyone buys ships just to be the best in STO. That's most likely not true. I'm certain that most people care more about flying the ship that looks the way they want it vs. flying the ship that wins all the time. This game is generally easy to begin with, so the need for ship traits only exists if you're silly enough to PvP in a p2w game.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    teknesia wrote: »
    I'm certain that most people care more about flying the ship that looks the way they want it vs. flying the ship that wins all the time.

Are you talking about the "looks" that every "Galaxy-Fan" i.E. , probably already has 3-5 times ... so that's probably not it ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't restrict it to just Feds.

I'd say it's all the whiners.

Some people are whining over the new ships not having 4+ Tac consoles.

Others are whining that the Negh'Var doesn't have a console set bonus.

Some are whining about the Fleet ships not having a trait (or console!).

Others are whining about the fact that these ships exist in the first place.

The T6 Galaxy exceeded my expectations. At this point, people are crying just to cry.

True. I do like the new looks of the new ships only bit that irks me is they keep on ship locking c store ship consoles. They seem to forget how much money they made off the vandal destroyer just for its console. This alone is making me wonder if it is actually worth getting or not.
    edited April 2015
    teknesia wrote: »
    Meh, that's relative to your reasons for buying a T-6. You're assuming that everyone buys ships just to be the best in STO. That's most likely not true. I'm certain that most people care more about flying the ship that looks the way they want it vs. flying the ship that wins all the time. This game is generally easy to begin with, so the need for ship traits only exists if you're silly enough to PvP in a p2w game.

I agree. I am still flying my T5 Kumari, and not upgrading it (unless someone gives me a free upgrade token). I got the ship because I loved the way they look. It doesn't last long at all, but I just liked it.

But, I am not worried about having the best of the best. I chased DPS for a short time last year in Jan, and decided it was boring. So, now I just log in to do episodes, or grind events, and hang out with friends. So for me, T6 is just a waste of Dil that can go into other things. Same reason I still run MK X to MK XII energy weapons. I am not wasting resources to upgrade. lol.
    edited April 2015
    Depends on if you think the RSP Explosion trait and the new console is worth it or not.

Passive: +All Subsystem Power

Click: AOE Damage and +All Damage Resist

Yeah, the new console is probably worth it. Really depends on how much +Subsystem Power you get from it.
    edited April 2015
    Are you talking about the "looks" that every "Galaxy-Fan" i.E. , probably already has 3-5 times ... so that's probably not it ...

Maybe, the update looks nice. I'm certain that most people wouldn't be entirely motivated by the DPS chase. It's TRIBBLE. You're playing a Star Trek game in a hero ship where you'll win against PvE almost everytime anyway and PvP is absolutely broken and neglected. There's no reason to DPS chase beyond what people have in their minds.

And yeah, if they released a t-6 version of the T'Varo with an updated hull and customization options, I'd spring for it.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015

And this surprises you...people will find any reason to complain about anything...probably just a bunch of sour people wanting to get traits without having to pay anything but EC...
    edited April 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    And this surprises you...people will find any reason to complain about anything...probably just a bunch of sour people wanting to get traits without having to pay anything but EC...

lol, people upset when a game gets released and the developing studio actually puts a price on the game for everyone as opposed to suckering a couple of whales.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would've preferred a straight up upgrade with our current T6 ships to fleet T6 rather than having to acquire another ship and level it again. But oh well. Leveling doesn't really take that long anyway.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't see the big deal here at all. Generally you can't just go and buy a fleet version of a ship without first getting the C-Store ship to unlock it. It's always been that way, the only Fleet ships you could ever get without unlocking the C-Store varient first was the free ships anyway.

So... since you have to buy the C-Store ship anyway... who cares... yes it's going to suck having to level a ship again... but since the majority of people who still play are still busy padding the specilizations or just farming queues anymore... it's not like they won't raise pretty quick anyway.

You can pretty much level a ship in 8 hours max... unless you're too busy talking in zone... then that's your problem.
    edited April 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    I don't see the big deal here at all. Generally you can't just go and buy a fleet version of a ship without first getting the C-Store ship to unlock it. It's always been that way, the only Fleet ships you could ever get without unlocking the C-Store varient first was the free ships anyway.

So... since you have to buy the C-Store ship anyway... who cares... yes it's going to suck having to level a ship again... but since the majority of people who still play are still busy padding the specilizations or just farming queues anymore... it's not like they won't raise pretty quick anyway.

You can pretty much level a ship in 8 hours max... unless you're too busy talking in zone... then that's your problem.

Someone invited one of my characters that was level 50+ to their T5 fleet. I was able to buy every fleet ship available in the game, as long as I had the fleet modules, and other in-game currencies.

I am not sure if it was different before I started playing in 2013. But since I have been playing, you didn't need to buy any C-Store ships just to buy the fleet ships. The only advantage to owning the C-Store version first was that some (not all) of the fleet ships would get a discount on how many fleet ship modules were needed.

The only reason that I don't buy fleet ships anymore is because the small increase to hull, and shields is not enough for me to spend so much on a ship that only unlocks for a single character.

Though, since DR, I have only been playing on 1 character. But if they gave the T6 fleet the mastery trait, I would probably buy it just to have it. The only reason I never got either of the T5 C-Store versions was because of the Lt. Tac stations. If one of them had a Lt. Commander, then I would have picked it within about 4 months of first playing the game.
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    razar2380 wrote: »
    Someone invited one of my characters that was level 50+ to their T5 fleet. I was able to buy every fleet ship available in the game, as long as I had the fleet modules, and other in-game currencies.

I am not sure if it was different before I started playing in 2013. But since I have been playing, you didn't need to buy any C-Store ships just to buy the fleet ships. The only advantage to owning the C-Store version first was that some (not all) of the fleet ships would get a discount on how many fleet ship modules were needed.

The only reason that I don't buy fleet ships anymore is because the small increase to hull, and shields is not enough for me to spend so much on a ship that only unlocks for a single character.

Though, since DR, I have only been playing on 1 character. But if they gave the T6 fleet the mastery trait, I would probably buy it just to have it. The only reason I never got either of the T5 C-Store versions was because of the Lt. Tac stations. If one of them had a Lt. Commander, then I would have picked it within about 4 months of first playing the game.

Yes you get a fleet module discount for owning the C-store version of a ship (I think its only 1 if you have the C-store version and varies if you don't).
    As has always been the case though, to own the special console from a ship you have to unlock it through the C-store (with one or two exceptions). It makes sense to me that you should have to buy the C-store version of a ship to unlock its trait too.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Amount of Fleet Modules needed depends on the Tier of the Fleet Shipyard required, IIRC.
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fleet Ships never came with special consoles or weapons (unless they were fused)

Doesn't mean that is right. Someone has to pay for the modules to get them.

This is basically double dip price gouging Fleet players.

If the pricing isn't right, then adjust the module costs or number of modules to buy the ship to fit what pricing they want to be in line for a single C-store ship.

In this case if the ships go for the 3,000 zen individually as the other T6 ships do, then make them cost 6 modules (or 7 for the fleet bonuses) without having to buy the C-Store version.

It should not be adusted by removing items or abilities and forcing players to buy a ship they won't use, just to get the fleet version they want.

Basically to get a fleet equivalent of an Ship someone is paying at least an aditional $20-25 on top of the regular C-store cost, which is way more than the value of the benefits.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    razar2380 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else saw this, but the ship stats news says that T6 fleet ships will not have a trait. So you will need to buy the C-Store version to get them.

Now that's just low.... I WAS thinking of FINALLY getting a fleet module to get one of these but now? bah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    huskerklg wrote: »

If the pricing isn't right, then adjust the module costs or number of modules to buy the ship to fit what pricing they want to be in line for a single C-store ship.

In this case if the ships go for the 3,000 zen individually as the other T6 ships do, then make them cost 6 modules (or 7 for the fleet bonuses) without having to buy the C-Store version.

It should not be adusted by removing items or abilities and forcing players to buy a ship they won't use, just to get the fleet version they want.

Basically to get a fleet equivalent of an Ship someone is paying at least an aditional $20-25 on top of the regular C-store cost, which is way more than the value of the benefits.

If you just want the fleet version it's usually 4-5 mods, cheaper than the orig ship, so no trait. If you bought the ship with the trait, then 1 mod gets you the fleet version. so no 20-25 on top of c-store price.

Plus no ones forcing you to do anything.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Ship_Module
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At this point, people are crying just to cry.

That about sums it up right there...
    prierin wrote: »
    Now that's just low.... I WAS thinking of FINALLY getting a fleet module to get one of these but now? bah!

I would presume the old policy of buying the CStore variant provides a Fleet module discount on the Fleet variant - so 1 module instead of 4/5...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
    edited April 2015
    huskerklg wrote: »

You must be new here.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Well, that just means they have plenty of existing ships they can create T6 C-Store or lockbox variants with traits of and milk for $30 a pop.

Capitalism at its best.