test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruit - Fed Side? Or KDF?

wired2thenetwired2thenet Member Posts: 74 Arc User
So for the DR event, I'm weighing my options on creation of some alts. I have a fleet on the Fed side (my own fleet of one :D), but I'm wondering what my options could possibly be to help contribute.

I like the idea of a Reman (made one just to test the waters), but found out some of the T5-T6 Fed ships aren't playable by a Reman. I don't have a fleet on the KDF side, and honestly I'm on the fence about playing one (I have a KDF alt around level 30, but don't play her much except to doff for contraband).

Suggestions? Any "fun" and active fleets on the KDF side who can sway my decisions to the other side? :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am making a KDF Delta Recruit because I like playing the KDF faction even though Cryptic has more or less abandoned the KDF (and Romulan). I will have access to the Plasmonic Leech which I can simply claim from the T3 Vandal Destroyer which I bought back in Dec 2014.

It will be a KDF tactical toon so that I can make use of the T6 Mat'ha Raptor which is part of the DR Ops Pack that I bought back in Dec 2014. I already have a KDF tactical toon, but that toon strictly flies BoPs only.

None of my Fed, KDF and Rom toons are in a fleet.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you have not tried the new early missions, then why not try both. Joining a fleet and getting to level 30 will give 50k dilithium that can be used for your current fleets.
  • ashandarei22ashandarei22 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't have a fleet to join on my KDF toon I plan on making but I'm sure that won't be hard to find.

Plan on doing two feds (one Klingon and one Romulan,) and one Klingon or Gorn KDF.

My biggest issue is what classes to make them, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So for the DR event, I'm weighing my options on creation of some alts. I have a fleet on the Fed side (my own fleet of one :D), but I'm wondering what my options could possibly be to help contribute.

I like the idea of a Reman (made one just to test the waters), but found out some of the T5-T6 Fed ships aren't playable by a Reman. I don't have a fleet on the KDF side, and honestly I'm on the fence about playing one (I have a KDF alt around level 30, but don't play her much except to doff for contraband).

Suggestions? Any "fun" and active fleets on the KDF side who can sway my decisions to the other side? :)

Okay so when did you last play Klingon and have you played the storyline since it was redone or prior to. The storyline was redone what.. a year or two ago and is pretty good... but if you've already done it... then since you already have one at 30... not a big deal.

My bottom line first is.... the fleet rewards are meh... and if that's the whole deciding point on what side you're going to play... play a Fed and boost your own fleet... not that it matters all that much with the account unlocks... but heck if the ONLY deciding factor is the fleet factor... go with Fed.

But... not the longer post... why be stuck in a rut with the same friends and all... find yourself a new fleet... a Klingon fleet... and try something new... there aren't all that many active Klingon fleets out there... and those who do a lot of times need more help then not boosting up their fleets... while there are a million Fed fleets out there and even more Fed players.

So why not use the chance at DR to not only boost your own self... and help out the KDF players who need the help. It's not like with the account unlocks your own fleet will suffer.

Also... I don't remember if the Reman have access to them... but the Klingon allied Romulans have some of the best looking boots in the game.
  • wired2thenetwired2thenet Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Admittedly, I created my KDF toon after my Fed toon, and other than the doff assignments and the battle cloak, wasn't too impressed. Maybe because I didn't have anyone to play with at the time (I'm content playing more or less solo on the Fed side). The KDF doff missions, especially Marauding, keeps me from deleting my KDF toon. I played her quite a bit after I hit 60 on my main, and 50 on another fed alt ... but something about KDF just didn't "feel" right ... I didn't feel Klingon enough to continue playing her, other than for doffing contraband. I have a Rommie KDF as well, and the only reason I haven't deleted her is because she has the winter ships, and a few other things as well.

If there's a KDF fleet who is casual to a fault and emphasizes family time above 10k DPS, as well as just simply having fun, I'd be more than willing to join up and help contribute to fleet projects, etc. I'm an extremely causal lifetime player, and my son's happiness is the only thing (other than my RL job) that keeps me from playing full-time :P

Lorha@wired2thenet for KDF. Forget what level she is at the moment (just checked ... 33. The Rommies is 15ish). I have TS3, as well as a personal TS3 server, but don't do mumble or skype (mumble crashes my system for some reason, and skype is dedicated for family).

As noted in my Giveaway thread, I have plenty of stuff to contribute to a fleet, and do so willingly, so if there's anyone out there who would sway me from creating yet another fed toon, feel free to PM @wired2thenet in-game, and let me know why your fleet would be a good fit for me. More than willing to try out.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wanted to do a kling at first but my toongang is so much more potent fed side that I do a kling but a federation one.

Why:

- Easier PvE teamup and teamed levelling options cuz 9/10 players I know favour fed.
    - 300 overlapping purple doffs from my other fed toons.
    - Huge amount of unlocked star ships from tier 1 to 60 (traits)
    - My own star base which will get quiet a boost and lets me donate freely.

My toon will be a klingon at heart and will have a easy time fighting like one thanks to the benefits he gets fed side.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited March 2015
    I guess this is actually a "make me convert" to KDF thread =P for the delta event. I definitely will have a Fed toon to help my fleet out, but I want a reason to help KDF as well (and have extreme fun doing so). I have 2-3 character slots available, plus the one Cryptic gives us.

Convert me :D
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    KDF alts are very useful for doffing, fed alts are all but useless for doffing.

Could you elaborate more without using the word contraband or referring to it?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited March 2015
    KDF can get a TRIBBLE-load of Contraband through marauding, unlike their Fed counterparts. My KDF, Lorha, does only marauding doffs, and transfers the contraband over to my Fed for the dilithium.

It's definitely useful to have a KDF toon if you're Fed, just for that alone.
  • ionarcionarc Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    KDF is more quickly to level.

Also, the number of episodes for FED is larger, so it probably will be slower to finish / get rewards.

For fleets - larger groups have both fed and kdf fleets. So finding a good kdf fleet isn't much more difficult, but do ask around, some of the kdf fleets are semi-inactive.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think I may roll a new KDF Talaxian Engineer and a Vulcan Science officer.
  • dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm going with three, one Vulcan FED TAC, one Reman KLI aligned TAC and one Gorn KLI ENG
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since they finally confirmed that the Recruits won't be superior to everyone else and I won't have to replace my main, I'm going to make a KDF-Romulan, because I don't have one of those yet.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Never finished the fed campaign but have 4 kdf and one kdf aligned Romulan.
    I am going to try to play the federation with delta recruits. Try.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i am going to roll a feddie simply cos the fed starbase is always in need of dil.
    I wanted to do a kling at first but my toongang is so much more potent fed side that I do a kling but a federation one.

Why:

- Easier PvE teamup and teamed levelling options cuz 9/10 players I know favour fed.
    - 300 overlapping purple doffs from my other fed toons.
    - Huge amount of unlocked star ships from tier 1 to 60 (traits)
    - My own star base which will get quiet a boost and lets me donate freely.

My toon will be a klingon at heart and will have a easy time fighting like one thanks to the benefits he gets fed side.

thanks for the epic lol
    i hadnt literally laughed at the screen all day!
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'll probably go Fed, because I haven't done the new Fed intro, and have access to a Fed 5U ship. (KDF side has a "free" leech, which is tempting, and a T5 science ship I can use until Risa, but I think that I'm going Fed.)
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i am going to roll a feddie simply cos the fed starbase is always in need of dil.

thanks for the epic lol
    i hadnt literally laughed at the screen all day!

TRAITOR !!!!!!! LOL

Because of the festival of blood and fire running at the same time.

im gonna stick with KDF and just start a new fleet for some casual Klingon fun. kdf dont have as many big fleets as fed side but the few we do have dont have allot of room for donations. so seems liek the perfect time to start up a new one.

and because i suspect we will get a huge influx of feddy players that are new to the KDF i have a bunch of freebies lined up to help them along the way as they lvl. with open bank slotts. (the few i could afford) and open privileges for buying fleet gear no donation requirements. Larger fleets with filled holdings are welcome to join up their alts while lvling or welcome to stay . and know leaders ( even some that are Known TRAITORS ) who make a KDF toon will gain a seat on the fleets council. LOL

Really though Experience the new if you havent tried KDF now is a great time since even your feds can gain something from the experience.

KDf has few missions in the Arcs allowing you to complete the requirements faster.

At lower lvls the Klingon ships are still awesome and wipe the maps of PVE content that is appropriate to players lvl.

I would say the kdf side don't have all the chatter and nonsense that ESD has but im sure that will change as more feds come to the 1st city. But im sure new to kdf people will be surprised just how helpful long time KDF players actually are. we have made due with so much less for so long that we are a closer faction when it comes to helping others. and this is also probably why all the BS chatter is not tolerated on our side.

If you are bringing new friends to the game KDF is the way to go also. because we do have less. you can get the best of the best that the offers a Klingon for less money from the c-store items.

If you haven't played kdf since LoR the tutorial is awesome on our side, really nicely done episodes and you get a combat pet mastiff early on.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    feds are all but useless

you could have stopped there and been 100% correct
  • withnail68withnail68 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I Thought i had a spare toon slot and I know were are getting another one for the Delta Recruits. What I didn't relaise was that I had four spare alredy and will get one other at launch. That gives me five to play with.

So A bajoran, Joined Trill & Reman - FED (Tac)
    Liberated Borg - FED (Sci)
    Reman - KDF (Eng)

already Got FED

Trill Eng (Main original toon)
    Catian Tac
    J Trill Sci
    Romulan Sci
    Talaxian Eng

and Klingon tac (KDF)

I thought I'd certailnly make the toons and start them off, then hibernate them. I have the Fed C-store leveling ships so the fed toons will get hem, but I don't have much in the way of rommie or klingon ships.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since I want to play around in a proper sci ship for once I'm kinda forced to roll a fed....:(

Would be nice if the kdf and roms finally got a single sci ship that remotely performs as well as the vesta, scryer, dauntless or pathfinder but sure dosen't look like it will happen.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Rom KDF Sci
    Would be nice if the kdf and roms finally got a single sci ship that remotely performs as well as the vesta, scryer, dauntless or pathfinder but sure dosen't look like it will happen.

/signed
    I'm still dreaming of a Shadow (Armada II) like Science Vessel as a T6 Ship, the current ones are horrible, outdated, and the Temporal Science Vessel lack the cloaking device.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I play exclusively kdf ever since DR and if I do create a new toon it will be kdf as well. That is because I dont ever delete my toons it blasphemy!
    It's better for me if they can be useful in some way(contraband).
    The only thing that I didn't decide yet are about the career choice like tac, or sci.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Rom KDF Sci

/signed
    I'm still dreaming of a Shadow (Armada II) like Science Vessel as a T6 Ship, the current ones are horrible, outdated, and the Temporal Science Vessel lack the cloaking device.

Yeah, that thing was neat. Hiding within untargetable objects with it's phase-cloak an striking out of nowhere....

Too bad they can't use it bacause of all that licensing issues....
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    My current main is a KDF aligned Rom Tac.
    I plan on rolling a Klingon Engineer and a Fed Science officer on Thursday.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since I want to play around in a proper sci ship for once I'm kinda forced to roll a fed....:(

It might. I'm counting on it actually with my first Science Romulan for a Delta Recruit, and I already have one 'main' Romulan Rom-Fed Tac and a L60 Romulan Rom-KDF Tac.

Really wish there was an Orion and Joined-Trill species option for the Roms. The Orion syndicate is part of KDF so why not Rom when Rom is also KDF allied? They're also part of starfleet at least in JJ-universe, and I've got 4 Orion BOFFs serving on my Fed Human's crew. The same goes for Joined-Trill, as in, what precludes one from finding a place among Romulans with a symbiont that forms deep ties there?

Also really wish Romulans were made into their own faction, a Star Empire that's somewhat different and not just a villain. Make it into another alliance-selection option to preserve those who are happy allying and staying in their current fleets, or breaking off from it to stand on their own.

Alien to me isn't a real species when you lack species-specific abilities like seduction (the best ability in existence ever), plus the ability to shape-shift into whatever other species you want on the fly removes the pride of choosing that species to begin with.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Op, why Fed or KDF and not Rom?

Just wondering if I'm missing something...
  • illustriousqillustriousq Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    My current main is a KDF aligned Rom Tac.
    I plan on rolling a Klingon Engineer and a Fed Science officer on Thursday.

I plan on deleting all of my low level alts (haven't played any of them in years) and filling up my roster with lots and lots of Delta Recruits.
  • darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Play KDF. TRIBBLE up the metrics. let loose your inner warrior. ENJOY YOURSELF.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i'm going to create an alien kdf tac, i have only 1 kdf/engineer.
    maybe also a fed science or engineering dude, i have already 3 feds (2 tac, 1 science); but no romulan, i have already 3 roms, and i'm tired by their ships, the choice is limited because of the scimitar; and most of them are ugly

i wanted to buy the joined-trill playable character, but the price is too expensive for only small bonus.