test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Romulan Arc/Event

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
So apparently I missed the opportunity to get the Romulan Weapon award from the new mission… or did I?

I’ve gotten the armour and have been able to pick the episode up again to replay it for the weapon, but when I transwarp into position I am not given the option to do the mission. IS it replayable? If so, what’s the cooldown? Is there still a way to get all the rewards or have I missed a boat somewhere?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Post edited by prierin on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    there are add ons coming after each patch, so wait til thursday for the next release
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    there are add ons coming after each patch, so wait til thursday for the next release

Cool - so theoretically it WILL be replayable in its entirety for those who happen to choose the armour over the gun, vice versa? I can live with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    Cool - so theoretically it WILL be replayable in its entirety for those who happen to choose the armour over the gun, vice versa? I can live with that.

They effectively are using the same reward paradigm on this FE that they used for the "Dust to Dust" FE - No rewrds are being removed and new choices are being added (tht will remain.)

The catch? You can only choose on of the rewards per run through; so if you want them all on one character (once they are all added), you'll need to run sid character through the mission three full times.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    They effectively are using the same reward paradigm on this FE that they used for the "Dust to Dust" FE - No rewrds are being removed and new choices are being added (tht will remain.)

The catch? You can only choose on of the rewards per run through; so if you want them all on one character (once they are all added), you'll need to run sid character through the mission three full times.

I don't really mind that... what I would hate is missing out on something merely because of bad timing on my part...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    I don't really mind that... what I would hate is missing out on something merely because of bad timing on my part...

Well still I wouldn't wait too long to do it all...

Cryptic has said it'll be in the same vein as Dust to Dust... which I believe.

But this is Cryptic... so I wouldn't rely on them not changing this either at a later date both both Dust to Dust and this new one... this IS Cryptic after all.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    How soon did you pick it up to replay after finishing it the first time? Because I think there's a cooldown on replays.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've run the mission 3 times now, first time on the first day it was released, a second time the next day to get the weapon as I had picked the armor the first time, and a third time today while playing with a friend who was playing it for the first time (took the weapon again since the armor is unique, 1 per toon). It's definitely possible to get the weapon on a second playthrough.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i wanted to pick up that plasma weapon for a new toon i started up recently, but the mission is bugged before i can even start it. there is already an active thread about it in the gameplay bug section. hopefully the issue is sorted by thursday.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't use the event window to try and play the mission, you'll just hear VanZyl having troubles.

You need to go into the "episodes" tab, then the "featured episode" one to be able to replay the mission.

I know it works because I keeps replaying the mission on my different characters to look for hidden accolades (which don't seem to exist apart from choosing the correct Boffs for repairs).

The only "hidden"/overlooked thing I found so far is that you can talk to Sela instead of directly opening the gate on Nopada like the objective tells you.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1