test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Audio Failure PC-wide from STO.

tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Whatever issue STO has with Soundblaster audio cards, it causes all sound to fail on the entire PC until reboot. And it always happens at points in STO with a lot of different audio tracks playing.

It seems to work if SBX Pro Studio is turned off, but that is not a desirable work around for those of us who like our sound quality. Please fix the issue?

Comments

• tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Wow, I posted this clear back in March. No response from anyone, and it still happens. Guess I'll just have to post issues in the main forums anyone actually reads and cares about.​​
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    I have never heard of this issue with STO but I have experienced it in a couple of other games. One of the other games I play the fix for it was to lower the output sampling rate to DVD quality (16 bit 48 KHz). I worked quite well too. You might give that a try and see if it solves it.

If you don't know how, start/control panel/sound/select active audio output device/properties/advanced tab/select audio sampling rate/apply changes
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Thanks, I'll try that.​​
  • ashmysterashmyster Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I've been having the same issue, and it has been impossible for me to troubleshoot it since its 100% random and without any system event notices.