test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Viral Torpedo still not counterable by ID skill

nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
First of all, ty devs for the effort, now viral torp is like "half" fixed, and now i'll say you why.
In the 27/03 patch, you clearly stated this:
-Viral Torpedo: The Disable caused by this effect is now subject to Resistances, which will reduce the duration of the Disable effect.
--This effect will also respect any Disable Immunity the target may have.
Let's analyze the second line, because yeah, powers like auxiliary power to inertial dampeners effectively counter 100% the viral torp disable effect, and that's good :)
The problem is in the first line. We did some internal tests with viral torp on different builds: we hit a ship with 70pt on starship inertial dampeners skill and we still got a 5s disable effect on the target; then we hit a ship with 124pt in starship inertial dampeners skill and we got a 4,5s disable effect.
Looks like it doesn't work correctly, apparently the resistances are not fully considered. If i'm right, with 100pt on id, you should counter half the effect of viral torp, with diminishing returns on higher values. Correct me if i'm wrong, i don't know the exact maths behind this mechanic.
So, devs, please let us know if this problem is present.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I may be mistaken, but isn't the skill you're looking for as far as resistance goes subsystem repair? If so, test it by adding human crew one by one, see if it makes a difference.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I may be mistaken, but isn't the skill you're looking for as far as resistance goes subsystem repair? If so, test it by adding human crew one by one, see if it makes a difference.
    Subsystem repair skill counters those effects that knock offline your subsystems energy levels.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Skill:_Starship_Inertial_Dampeners
    As it says, ID should counter Hold, Disable, Knock, and Slow effects. Since Viral Torpedo is a disable effect, the logic says it should be countered by ID.
    Anyway, i get your advice and i say you that the toon with 70pt in ID i described in the OP has 5 humans + 5pt in starship subsystem repair skill, for a grand total of: (20*5)+74=174pt in sub repair.
    So, even if it were as you say, it would still be broken ;)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This had been mentioned...
    please consider giving aux to dampeners an immunity to the viral torpedo starship trait. since, from what u explained above, this seems to be a standard disable which should be resisted by it.
    same goes for evade target lock.

Turns out that the Viral Torpedo was flagged as "No Resistance / Immunity" which is a bit overkill. It will be changed in a future patch to respect Resists / Immunity, which should include those granted by Aux2Damp.

...did they AtD it but not Starship Inertial Dampers it?
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What really needs to happen beyond the above fix, is for skills which provide resistances to be looked at. 6 points in PI and ID with 130+ aux seems to do little. Prior to DR Aux to Damp with the previously mentioned bass stats used to essentially provide hold immunity against both players and NPCs. Post DR I might as well respec as there's no appreciable effect.