test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Advabced Targeting Systems Trait

e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
edited March 2015 in The Academy
Does it affect exotic crits or just weapon crits?

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lumpkin1lumpkin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not 100% sure, but if you go to sol space and switch traits, it shows a difference in total crith, so I would think it effects all crith, including partiten crits. That said, if your partigen skill is at 400 and you're doing all your damage with exotic damage with the particle manipulator trait, this trait would not be necessary.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    It's for severity though isn't it? I'm assuming severity = damage? Or did I get that wrong and it's actually hit chance?

Thanks!
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    e30ernest wrote: »
    Does it affect exotic crits or just weapon crits?

Thanks!

It affects global critical severity, or anything that benefits from your crit severity stat.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Oops, was thinking of whichever the crith one was. Do not remember the name. But yeah, what
    The guy above me said, so if you have 400 partigen w/ particle manipulator then you want as much severity as you can get. Romulan boffs, uni consoles, tac exploiters and so on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    It affects global critical severity, or anything that benefits from your crit severity stat.

Thanks. Does this include crits from the Particle Manipulator Trait? I'm asking this because I deal mostly in Exotic Damage, and I'm thinking if this is a trait worth slotting instead of Advanced Engines.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thanks. Does this include crits from the Particle Manipulator Trait? I'm asking this because I deal mostly in Exotic Damage, and I'm thinking if this is a trait worth slotting instead of Advanced Engines.

Well, do crits from PM benefit from your normal crit severity levels?
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I believe they do. I had what should've been a 90% crit chance between PM and my crith that was shown. I was seeing repulsors crit 9/10 times while testing on a friend.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I honestly don't know, and that's why I am asking. ;)

Me neither, I'm not an expert on sci abilities, and I've heard funny things about how science abilities crit. I was hoping you had the answer to that or someone who did could chime in. :P

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• Options
    edited March 2015
    When the particle manipulator trait is active, it takes 25% of your skill and puts it to crit chance. So 100 partigen rating, 25% +whatever your crit chance will be the crit rating. If your partigen number is 400, 100% of your exotic damage attacks will crit. I'm pretty sure this is how it works, if I'm wrong someone please correct me.