test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to see other players ships/equipment?

possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
edited March 2015 in The Academy
A player was able to see what ships and equipment I had by adding my name to some gateway link but I couldn't get it to work as I had to write it down fast from the chat and missed something I guess. Anybody know that link?
edit- found it.http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=568801
Post edited by possumlips on

Comments

• Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    possumlips wrote: »
    A player was able to see what ships and equipment I had by adding my name to some gateway link but I couldn't get it to work as I had to write it down fast from the chat and missed something I guess. Anybody know that link?
    edit- found it.http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=568801

I've stopped bothering with this; it doesn't display mods on crafted weapons, doesn't display mark values on upgraded gear, doesn't show specialization boffs, and the boff display was broken completely with the latest upgrade to boff training.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It wasn't always accurate either when it did "work" because for some reason it was reading one of my characters off of tribble there for a while... and not it's main sister on live... then that got fixed but it didn't read all rep gear properly...

and now it's totally borked... beside the only reason someone would need to actually see your ship and it's gear is for the obsessive compulsive e-peen stroking fleets that think you need to build in certain cookie cutter ways to be competative. They don't tend to stick around long if their that puckered tight. Most of them now just will use dps parcers to achieve the same thing and not care what equipment you're using... as long as you meet a certain dps level.
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Before boff training revamp it was tremendous help for me, as i could very easily help my fleetmates/friends improving their build. It's much more comfortable when you just can look up other person's gear without having to wait until he links and writes everything to you in chat.
    Unfortunately now, when it displays totally random boff abilities, it's not very useful, since i still have to ask most of the information via chat.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I did some testing recently and discovered that Gateway actually does update in real time. But, as mentioned, it has incomplete information now.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    though lacking mods on gear and DOff info I still find gateway to be a great (and easily utilized) tool for build discussions in conjunction with TS (team speak) you can take new players to intermediate and intermediate players to pro builds in no time.... STO skill planners are more details but pains taking to use...
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kintisho wrote: »
    though lacking mods on gear and DOff info I still find gateway to be a great (and easily utilized) tool for build discussions in conjunction with TS (team speak) you can take new players to intermediate and intermediate players to pro builds in no time.... STO skill planners are more details but pains taking to use...

I find the most handy feature of the gateway of all is the ability to contribute to your starbase while out of game, I can log in while at work and contribute whenever I want :)