test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hull Material Rework?

senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
The old standard hull materials are now starting to look kinda bad and dated compared to the more recent Type 6 and Type 7 materials.
Any chance them oldies could be reworked to the new standard of excellence set by the new textures? :D
Post edited by senatorvreenak on

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    HERE HERE! I would very much like to see this happen.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    HERE HERE! I would very much like to see this happen.

It's spelled "hear, hear" NOT "here, here." The more you know...

Carry on.
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
  • x6460x6460 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dated might be the look some folks are going for.

Wouldn't it be better to just add more options instead of reducing the options we have?
    Finally decided to make a sig.
    I see allot of them with a character, and ship.
    though I'm not sure which ship to put on there...
    I'll think about it. This will do for now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    x6460 wrote: »
    Dated might be the look some folks are going for.

Wouldn't it be better to just add more options instead of reducing the options we have?

Because they lower the overall visual quality standard of the game.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And while we're here, there're a couple of hull types I wouldn't mind seeing as account-wide unlocks...

• Intelligence (unlock purchased at Z-store);
    • Crystalline (aesthetic reward from a future Crystalline Cataclysm)

But before all of that, I wonder how difficult it would be to have the unlocked ship aesthetics (i.e. from the Nukara space set) 'live' in the ship tailor, so that you can use them on any of that character's ships once they're unlocked.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Actually I would like to see that as well.
    I can understand if it would be too difficult to get the more advanced bits such as the borg set pieces, but the shield graphics and engine/deflector FX would be nice as a cosmetic option.

Could add three new categories with unlocks tied to unlocking the complete sets like the ground gear.

Hull Overlay: Shield FX
    Deflector Effect
    Engine Trails
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wouldn't mind seeing fleet textures added to ships that don't currently have a fleet version if your character is a part of a fleet; namely the 10 console C-Store ships like the Odyssey and Bortasqu'.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The old standard hull materials are now starting to look kinda bad and dated compared to the more recent Type 6 and Type 7 materials.
    Any chance them oldies could be reworked to the new standard of excellence set by the new textures? :D

Dangerous. You know there are always people that liked their old ship and found it neat looking, and then hate the change.

I don't know if you were around then, but once upon a time, Bird of Preys (and the Long Range Science Vessel Refits) didn't have moving wings. When Cryptic added that functionality, there were a very vocal (and probably very) minority that hated the change.

Their strategy of just adding new materials might be the best option.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dangerous. You know there are always people that liked their old ship and found it neat looking, and then hate the change.

I don't know if you were around then, but once upon a time, Bird of Preys (and the Long Range Science Vessel Refits) didn't have moving wings. When Cryptic added that functionality, there were a very vocal (and probably very) minority that hated the change.

Their strategy of just adding new materials might be the best option.

Hear hear! I'd like to see new options added, essentially reworks of the old materials but following the same lines.
    To be honest, I'd also love to have the option of changing the deflector texture separately, but that's not going to happen.
    Bugfixes would be great too ;)
    I need a beer.