test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for "Unbind Tokens"

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
Hello all.

I'm sure that the people out there with multiple toons that have items that they wish they could transfer from one toon to another but can't because that item is bound to character.

I think it would be a good idea for Cryptic to offer "Unbind Tokens" through the Zen store. What would they do? Well, anything that is Bound to Character would be changed to Bound to Account upon use of this token. Upon using the item on another character, that item would then become Bound to Character to prevent unlimited transfer.

What would these tokens work on?

Consoles
Weapons DOFFs
Crafted gear
Pets

The tokens could come in packs of 5 or 10. Things like special consoles or DOFFs might cost 2 tokens, other items could cost 1.

I see this to be of benefit as...

a) It doesn't provide players a benefit as they're not gaining access to an item that they previously could not gain.
b) The Character Bind function of the token would restrict the item from being passed from toon to toon at will.
c) Cryptic makes a sale, which we all know they're not adverse to.

I'm sure that there will be some people who are adverse to this. To them I say

a) There are people who have been playing for 5 years of changing rules, abilities and meta. Nobody can accurately see where the game is going and this gives players the opportunity to enjoy the items they've already obtained.
b) They've already obtained the item. They're not getting discounts or advantages over you in the acquisition of these items.

I would like to point out that this should not include ships.
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What I'd like are lobi or zen store unlock tokens for lock box and lobi ships.

Once you've unlocked a ship and bound it to one character, you then can buy it for other characters one by one for a much lower cost (like 50 lobi instead of 900).

Your idea would sort of do that, though only one character at a time could use the ship and each character transfer would cost a new set of tokens. I like my idea better for ships :)

I'd buy more lock box / lobi ships if I knew I could use them on more than one character. So Cryptic would get me to spend more on both the initial ship and the later unlocks.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What I'd like are lobi or zen store unlock tokens for lock box and lobi ships.

Once you've unlocked a ship and bound it to one character, you then can buy it for other characters one by one for a much lower cost (like 50 lobi instead of 900).

Your idea would sort of do that, though only one character at a time could use the ship and each character transfer would cost a new set of tokens. I like my idea better for ships :)

I'd buy more lock box / lobi ships if I knew I could use them on more than one character. So Cryptic would get me to spend more on both the initial ship and the later unlocks.

I think high initial costs and lower costs for other toons is a brilliant way to go about things.