test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Since when does the Crystalline Entity have a warp core?

razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
I have done the CC queue a lot of times before the grind event. I have also been doing it since the grind event. However, this is the first time EVER that I got killed by a warp core breach from the entity.

I was further away from the entity (more than 6km) than I usually am (less than 4km). The entity went down, and I was checking to make sure I got the rewards. Then, the flash happened like always, and I got killed.

I looked to see what it was, and I was hit with 180,366 kinetic damage from it's warp core breach.

It is a Crystalline Entity. How does it now have a warp core? Was this done because they are planning to put a smaller version in a lockbox?

Seriously, that was just hilarious.
Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
Post edited by razar2380 on

Comments

• Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lol its got tractor beams too now I noticed .. if you get within about 2.5 or 2k it tractors you. They put in some bizarre modifications lately and that is one of them I have not played this q for awhile but when i flew close to it in a driveby the first time I got tractor beamed and blown up....

I had a hearty belly laugh it was um strange.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ummax wrote: »
    lol its got tractor beams too now I noticed .. if you get within about 2.5 or 2k it tractors you. They put in some bizarre modifications lately and that is one of them I have not played this q for awhile but when i flew close to it in a driveby the first time I got tractor beamed and blown up....

I had a hearty belly laugh it was um strange.

Couldnt this have been a recluse which was close to the CE? GWed maybe?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The real question is - if all hostile ships explode from warp core breaches, how come we still can loot warp cores from them?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Couldnt this have been a recluse which was close to the CE? GWed maybe?

This is what I thought but i tested it a few times it was the entity lol. I made sure there were no thoilans anywhere close to it.

This is new I think they added it to keep players from getting too up close and personal to it. Give it a try but make sure there are no tholians nearby. If you approach the center of mass of the entity and get within about 2 km of it it tractors you and you cant get out when the energy is building up for it to release. This is new and its well odd.

edit: this was on advanced mode though not sure about normal i never do normals...
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The real question is - if all hostile ships explode from warp core breaches, how come we still can loot warp cores from them?

Spare warp cores maybe? Kinda like picking up a spare tire after a car blows up? lol.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    razar2380 wrote: »
    Spare warp cores maybe? Kinda like picking up a spare tire after a car blows up? lol.

the problem with this bit is simple, the spare tire is usually stored under the boot storage area of the car, next to the fuel tank, fire gets hot enough to heat that up enough with all that explosive liquid, boom! and the tire goes with it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Um, plenty of folks have popped through the annals of time while sitting at 0km as the Entity popped. There have been some issues of late where they've gone back and forth on how quickly it happens...I believe the most recent thread on it was about it happening faster; so it's possible that somebody that would have flown out of it naturally in the past might be getting caught.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have noticed a lot of odd inconsistency's like this over time like when you kill a creature of some kind like a Jackal Mastiff say and it drops a beam weapon or such.
    you think what would that creature want with .....

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    mavolio121mavolio121 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...a creature of some kind like a Jackal Mastiff say and it drops a beam weapon or such.
    you think what would that creature want with.....

Mid-afternoon snack maybe?:P
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Getting a beam weapon off an animal makes as much sense as getting gold, weapons, or armor off a rat in a fantasy setting.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ummax wrote: »
    This is what I thought but i tested it a few times it was the entity lol. I made sure there were no thoilans anywhere close to it.

This is new I think they added it to keep players from getting too up close and personal to it. Give it a try but make sure there are no tholians nearby. If you approach the center of mass of the entity and get within about 2 km of it it tractors you and you cant get out when the energy is building up for it to release. This is new and its well odd.

edit: this was on advanced mode though not sure about normal i never do normals...

It happens on Normal as well.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ground loot is amusing if you think about Elachi in their subspace lair carrying around a catfish sandwich and cup of Earl Grey tea, hot :)
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What if the Crystalline Entity this entire time was a form of Iconian battle ship? :O
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All exploding mobs say "warp core breach" in the log.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    What if the Crystalline Entity this entire time was a form of Iconian battle ship? :O

I never thought of that lol

+1 for originality :D
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Getting a beam weapon off an animal makes as much sense as getting gold, weapons, or armor off a rat in a fantasy setting.
    all of that is easily explained away; the rats in fantasy settings are always giant rats and, much like dogs and racoons, they eat ANYTHING
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2015

"You have defeated the Cave Monkey. You gain 300 Gil and an Elixir."

Yeah, seriously... that trope has been around forever.
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    razar2380 wrote: »
    I have done the CC queue a lot of times before the grind event. I have also been doing it since the grind event. However, this is the first time EVER that I got killed by a warp core breach from the entity.

I was further away from the entity (more than 6km) than I usually am (less than 4km). The entity went down, and I was checking to make sure I got the rewards. Then, the flash happened like always, and I got killed.

I looked to see what it was, and I was hit with 180,366 kinetic damage from it's warp core breach.

It is a Crystalline Entity. How does it now have a warp core? Was this done because they are planning to put a smaller version in a lockbox?

Seriously, that was just hilarious.

Hard to believe none of these ships have even one graviton beam between them.
  • Options
    proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    well it travels at warp speed it has an antiproton attack is t hard to imagine it might have a biological analog to as warp core?
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When a Romulan ship has a warp core breach, it cleans up its own debris :cool:

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    all of that is easily explained away; the rats in fantasy settings are always giant rats and, much like dogs and racoons, they eat ANYTHING
    Another is how Necromancers will send zombies to attack you.... zombies with valuable treasure. Wut? you can't just tell the zombies to empty their gold into a treasure chest or something?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Another is how Necromancers will send zombies to attack you.... zombies with valuable treasure. Wut? you can't just tell the zombies to empty their gold into a treasure chest or something?
    necromancers probably don't bother stripping the corpses they raise of any valuables...what use do they have for such things? most of the tools of their craft are free or ridiculously easy to steal
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Zombies don't have much in the way of brains. That's why they're always hungry for em.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mavolio121 wrote: »
    Mid-afternoon snack maybe?:P

that would be a sight to see better then dinos with lasers on their heads we have Jackal Mastiffs that shoot them outa their a$$.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yup. The Entity most certainly has a Warp Core Breach after death and no, its not one of the Recluses/Orbs close by. If you play Normal during the event, those are often wiped by the 3rd phase anyways.

It's weird. I'm gonna assume this is WAI?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have noticed a lot of odd inconsistency's like this over time like when you kill a creature of some kind like a Jackal Mastiff say and it drops a beam weapon or such.
    you think what would that creature want with .....

I've always wondered, where do they store the lockboxes at? Hmmm? Lol.

Guess they have an affinity to shiny things, that or, one massively huge stomach made of some serious stuff!!!
    Ground loot is amusing if you think about Elachi in their subspace lair carrying around a catfish sandwich and cup of Earl Grey tea, hot :)

Hey, they gotta eat too you know lol.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!