test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Reputation System
I don't know how other people see it, and I guess it has been requested already a couple of times but still, it would be one of the greatest changes after a long time, if we could get a project which enables us to convert all marks or implants ect at once. You can even keep the time gate ratio if you want, but please, don't let us waste any more time converting 50 marks...over and over again.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, the project duration could simply be tied to the amount of marks/rep tokens turned in. This would be quite convenient.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i agree, ther's many other ways better to spend the game other than deliver a bit at each time, for too long.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    From today's Tribble Patch Notes:

Added higher-denomination Mark-to-Dilithium conversion projects to all reputations
    - The existing project (50 Marks = 500 Dilithium) remains available and unaltered
    - Two new projects are now available: 250 Marks for 2500 Dilithium, and 500 Marks for 5000 Dilithium
    - Each of these higher-input projects will only appear in the player’s list if the player has at least enough Marks to complete them.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Added higher-denomination Mark-to-Dilithium conversion projects to all reputations
    - The existing project (50 Marks = 500 Dilithium) remains available and unaltered
    - Two new projects are now available: 250 Marks for 2500 Dilithium, and 500 Marks for 5000 Dilithium
    - Each of these higher-input projects will only appear in the player’s list if the player has at least enough Marks to complete them.

This should help a lot of players.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Welcome addition. Thanks.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2015

You left off the bit where the project completion time was changed from 15 to 5 seconds. I was able to convert all my Delta marks (over 3000) on Tribble in a couple of minutes. Excellent, can't wait for this to go live! :)
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great QoL improvement, thanks. My reputation marks will finally be converted... Couldn't be bothered, as I've accumulated over 20k and doing 50 at a time would make me bored to tears :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2015

This is great, thank for that. (hope it comes soon to hollo-deck).
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Thanks very much!
  • Options
    sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Thank you very much!
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    rob2485 wrote: »
    I went on Tribble as soon as this was announced and the system is either not done yet like most fo the season 10 content or it is broken.

Reputation progress doesn't transfer with your character to Tribble. I'm betting that's the "broken" that you're seeing.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There have been some issues in the past with the reputation progress not transferring. 2 major updates ago (I think?) I had an issue with the rep system that the devs looked at. Basically the progress wasn't transferring in terms of display but it had been lurking in the background so reaching T3 of rep when I was at T2 on holodeck was unlocking all the T5 traits in Tribble. So just be aware of that.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • Options
    khalfyreshyftkhalfyreshyft Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Reputation progress doesn't transfer with your character to Tribble. I'm betting that's the "broken" that you're seeing.

I must be incredibly lucky, then. Every time I've copied a character over to Tribble, any reputation progress they've made/were making has also copied over successfully.
    Fleet Admiral Khaldore Fyreshyft
    Federation Engineer, Human: U.S.S. Cobalt, NX-92925 (Fleet Shepard Miracle Worker Battlecruiser)
    12th Fleet Engineering Division, Beta Squadron Captain
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I must be incredibly lucky, then. Every time I've copied a character over to Tribble, any reputation progress they've made/were making has also copied over successfully.

The way I understand it, that's completely impossible.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    At the moment, I'm unable to log in (due to apparent issues with the Account Server) to double-check the statement I made in my last post. I have, however, requested that my Romulan engineer (currently working on her Undine, Delta, and Dyson daily reputation projects) be copied to Tribble.

Once I'm able to get back in-game, I'll be happy to post again to either confirm my statement with screenshots from each server, or apologize for being mistaken, whichever the case ends up being. :)

Having said that, I genuinely can't recall a time where I've transferred a character and lost reputation progress. Bear in mind, of course, that I've only played consistently for about a year and a half, so I can't speak to how things worked before that.
    Federation Engineer, Human: U.S.S. Cobalt, NX-92925 (Fleet Shepard Miracle Worker Battlecruiser)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    My apologies for the delay... was only recently able to get back in-game, and had to patch Tribble. As promised, my screenshots:

Holodeck - http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/Khaldore/Holodeck_2015-04-10-19-55-24.jpg

Tribble - http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/Khaldore/Tribble_2015-04-10-20-20-31.jpg

As you can see, aside from the re-ordering of the Reputation window announced for Tribble, her progress is identical on both servers. I can't speak to whether this is intentional or not, but for me at least, this is exactly what I see each time I copy a character with reputation progress.