test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is hoarding R&D Packs an exploit already ...

thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
... hard to keep Track ... hoarding Mark Boxes is, Contraband isn't, other Dil turn-ins are, Dil Claims aren't etc ...

Just would like to know in advance, if there is any point in keeping them till R&D Weekend ... like the Calender says ... or if the Bonus is gonna go poof, a few minutes before the Event starts...
Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
Post edited by thutmosis85 on

Comments

• davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    no. because only boxes that are bought from the store to an inventory during the eventtime will grant a chance for a ship.

so nope, no problem.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    davideight wrote: »
    no. because only boxes that are bought from the store to an inventory during the eventtime will grant a chance for a ship.

so nope, no problem.

Yeah ... not the point ... I'm talking about R&D Weekend ... where you get more R&D Stuff from R&D Boxes ... has nothing to do with any Ship at all ...

PS : There are also R&D Boxes from regular Events, so C-Store is not the only Source ...
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ... hard to keep Track ... hoarding Mark Boxes is, Contraband isn't, other Dil turn-ins are etc ...

Just would like to know in advance, if there is any point in keeping them till R&D Weekend ... like the Calender says ... or if it's gonna go poof a few minutes before the Event starts...

Turning in a year's worth of marks in an event meant to give a bonus for that week was clearly intended use. Clearly. Did you ever pay the 60% penalty for early turn in?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    edited March 2015
    Turning in a year's worth of marks in an event meant to give a bonus for that week was clearly intended use. Clearly. Did you ever pay the 60% penalty for early turn in?

Maybe ... maybe not (not really the point) ... don't know how R&D Packs (or Contraband) are any different, though ... just would like to know if the description in the Calender is accurate this time ... if not, they might wanna consider changing it in advance this time ...
    edited March 2015
    Maybe ... maybe not (not really the point) ... don't know how R&D Packs (or Contraband) are any different, though ... just would like to know if the description in the Calender is accurate this time ... if not, they might wanna consider changing it in advance this time ...

Is there an instant version of the contraband turn in?
    edited March 2015
    Is there an instant version of the contraband turn in?

Your point being ... there isn't an instant Turn-In for Dil-Claims either, while there is one for R&D Packs (in both cases Hoarding still seems to be ok) ... sorry your Algorithm doesn't work ...

Are you trying to say hoarding R&D Packs is an Exploit, because there is an instant turn-in ... and they'll have to change the Event description ... I don't get it ...
    edited March 2015
    Your point being ... there isn't an instant Turn-In for Dil-Claims either, while there is one for R&D Packs (in both cases Hoarding still seems to be ok) ... sorry your Algorithm doesn't work ...

Rate limited. Unless you've got a way to avoid it on mining claims.

Plus, people buy R+D packs. They want people to open them as fast as they can so they can sell more. The more they sell, the more get opened, the more the annoying flyout pops up that someone got a ship, which will get more people to buy R+D packs. If you can't see the difference between R+D packs and Dil you need to change optometrists.
    edited March 2015
    Plus, people buy R+D packs. They want people to open them as fast as they can so they can sell more. The more they sell, the more get opened, the more the annoying flyout pops up that someone got a ship, which will get more people to buy R+D packs. If you can't see the difference between R+D packs and Dil you need to change optometrists.

Breaking News ... you don't have to buy R&D Packs ... they drop regularly in Queues... without fancy ship, though ...

btw : No I can't see the difference between Mark Boxes & R&D Boxes ...
    edited March 2015
    Breaking News ... you don't have to buy R&D Packs ... they drop regularly in Queues... without fancy ship, though ...

So how are you getting around the Queue cooldown?
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    where to find calendar with planed events ?
    edited March 2015
    So how are you getting around the Queue cooldown?

WHAT ?? ... for one by "changing Toons" ... but again what's the point, there are CDs for pretty much everything including "earning Marks" & Dil & regular R&D Boxes ... it's still possible to hoard all of them (in some cases the Bonus still works, in some it doesn't any more) ... sorry how is any of your responses related to the original Topic ...

Is this supposed to be the "Chewbacca Defense" :P ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwdba9C2G14
    czertik123 wrote: »

Ingame : J - Calender
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why worry? There was just one exploit that Cryptic even actively tried to punish people, it backfired, and they undid the punishments they gave out. Eventually, they were just left with closing loopholes.

Stack your R&D Boxes as high as you like. The worst thing that will happen is that you don't get the bonus materials in the R&D Event.

czertik123 wrote: »

Check your mission journal in game. On the lower left you should find a link to the calendar.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited March 2015
    Why worry?

I don't ... it's more about cluttering up you Inv. with 14+ R&D Boxes ... also a friendly reminder that R&D Weekend is gonna happen, soon after people might have lots of R&D Boxes from the Promo, and or CC Event ...
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't ... it's more about cluttering up you Inv. with 14+ R&D Boxes ... also a friendly reminder that R&D Weekend is gonna happen soon after people might have lots of R&D Boxes from the Promo, and or CC Event ...
    I know that feeling. I even still got old mark boxes in my inventory. I think they won't work anymore (with the bonus), but I keep forgetting to open them, and when I see them, I think I should still wait for the next event.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hoarding ZEN is the nezt exploit they will nerf.
    download.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hoarding ZEN is the nezt exploit they will nerf.

Must use within 30 business days... otherwise will consider it a donation to the company for the great work we do :)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Remember R&D Boxes can be sold to others as they are not bound. They cannot do what they did with Mark Boxes that were bound and all now auto-open. Because of this they will Never restrict them during the R&D Weekend.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They will find a way to restrict them without losing out on sales.

Only R&D Boxes purchased during the R&D Weekend, or earned from Queues during the R&D Weekend, will grant bonus R&D Materials, and have a unique identifier much like the R&D Promotion boxes. They have a time limit of the Event Weekend + 3 Days to open them, or they auto-revert to regular R&D versions rather than R&D w/ Bonus.

They have the means to selectively code restrictions (see No bonus Dil from Rep for Dil Weekend), so this would be entirely expected.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    Remember R&D Boxes can be sold to others as they are not bound. They cannot do what they did with Mark Boxes that were bound and all now auto-open. Because of this they will Never restrict them during the R&D Weekend.

Upcoming event message... all R&D Boxes earned or purchased and opened during the next.... will get a bonus...

never say never... they can very will update the terms of the next R&D event.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah ... not the point ... I'm talking about R&D Weekend ... where you get more R&D Stuff from R&D Boxes ... has nothing to do with any Ship at all ...

PS : There are also R&D Boxes from regular Events, so C-Store is not the only Source ...

the problem is they do not see the point you are trying to make. i completely understand what your getting at and yes it does need to be cleared up in advance.

most here cant see the forest for the trees . and are stuck on the current jhss shiny thingy going on and not that you are talking about the any of the r&d boxes not just hte store bought ones.

and to the guy asking how you get past the cool downs how is the cool down on a advanced or elite r&d reward any different than the old mark box cool downs?
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG