test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian vs tactical battlecruiser (can't remember name)

ret2023ret2023 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Ok I know that I say I wasn't going to buy any ship in the to buy or not to buy thread, but I been looking at this two ships just now. So I want to know what do you all think?
Post edited by ret2023 on

Comments

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ret2023 wrote: »
    Ok I know that I say I wasn't going to buy any ship in the to buy or not to buy thread, but I been looking at this two ships just now. So I want to know what do you all think?

I have both, I'd go Command Tac BC between the two. It has less crew but but it has one more console slot and has a hybrid sci/int LT. seat along with its Hybrid Eng/Command Commander seat seat, and it's extra console slot is another Tac console. The command BC's hangers also work nice with Danube or Yellowstone pets.
  • Options
    ret2023ret2023 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm going with guardian class
  • Options
    oneratsonerats Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22587031&posted=1#post22587031

This thread is comparing the Guardian to the Eng Command Battlecruiser. There's plenty of opinions on the Guardian (and other federation specific ships) in there, along with recommendations of the Presidio (tactical command).

Long story short though - the Guardian isn't all that great. It's a jack of all trades setup, basically a T6 Galaxy. The original Galaxy wasn't all that good, and this one isn't either.

I've been flying the Presidio since it came out, and I like it. It's got everything needed to be at or near the top tier if you're putting the right stuff in the right spots. As for the hanger, there are only two pets to look at - the elite romulan fighters, or the elite obelisk swarmers. The obelisks are superior during fights that don't last long (IE - runs with the dps channel) as they don't rely on slow moving torps to do their damage and instead use beam overloads.