test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Over] [Rapid] Surgical Strike interaction.

bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
I was wondering if when an [over] or [rapid] modifier procs how it effects the use of Surgical Strikes.

Such as, when you are using SS, is it possible to still have the proc go off while the ability is still active? Also, if the proc hits, does it put the SS on some sort of cooldown, does it simply need to wait for the modifier to be done w/its cycle, or can it just be activated whenever its regular cooldown is over, regardless of a proc?

Hope the description makes sense.

Thanks in advance.
A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
NOT A FAN OF ARC!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I was wondering if when an [over] or [rapid] modifier procs how it effects the use of Surgical Strikes.

Such as, when you are using SS, is it possible to still have the proc go off while the ability is still active? Also, if the proc hits, does it put the SS on some sort of cooldown, does it simply need to wait for the modifier to be done w/its cycle, or can it just be activated whenever its regular cooldown is over, regardless of a proc?

Hope the description makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

If I'm not mistaken [over] and [rapid] share cooldowns with tactical abilities. SS I think shares the cooldown with these so I don't think they can proc while SS is active.
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i have done a lot of testing with the over mod since it was the mod i wanted for my ship and after running it multiple times the 2.5% proc chance seemed to be on point and after running it with FAW and surgical strikes and it only would proc in between the ability cool downs.
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken [over] and [rapid] share cooldowns with tactical abilities. SS I think shares the cooldown with these so I don't think they can proc while SS is active.

[over] and [rapid] do share a cooldown w/their tac counterpart abilities. i just don't know if the modifiers are a grey area or not. It makes sense that they would, I just don't know any hard facts on it.
    birzark wrote: »
    i have done a lot of testing with the over mod since it was the mod i wanted for my ship and after running it multiple times the 2.5% proc chance seemed to be on point and after running it with FAW and surgical strikes and it only would proc in between the ability cool downs.

If it was, in fact, only proccing while SS was on cooldown, then we're getting somewhere.

Thanks to the both of you so far. I'd test it, but I don't run a parser and don't have any of the weapons atm.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    SS BFAW BO CRF CSV all cancel the over/rapid proc while active. These procs work best on very low tac seating ships that do not use any of the above abilities. In that case they can work very well.
  • Options
    shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tgo533 wrote: »
    SS BFAW BO CRF CSV all cancel the over/rapid proc while active. These procs work best on very low tac seating ships that do not use any of the above abilities. In that case they can work very well.

This is weird... I usually run BFAW, and I'm fairly certain that I've seen multiple overload procs activate while BFAW is active. However, I'll try to run tests tonight just to make sure my observations validate what is actually happening.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    shar487a wrote: »
    This is weird... I usually run BFAW, and I'm fairly certain that I've seen multiple overload procs activate while BFAW is active. However, I'll try to run tests tonight just to make sure my observations validate what is actually happening.

One thing to be aware of is equipping certain shields that send back a bit of energy damage back to the attacker. When they do it sounds and looks like a beam overload effect. I know the Nukara and Solanae Shields do this.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I did confirm that the [Over] proc does not activate while BFAW is in effect. However, I do still like having [over] procs on non-SS3 ships :)

Out of curiosity, does the T6 JHSS Mastery5 trait affect [rapid] cannons?
  • Options
    wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    |And what about [rapid] and Rapid Fire? I haven't tested it properly but I did notice my skilll icon getting grey sometimes.
    Bastet
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    [Over] and [Rapid] can get proc'd while under FAW/CRF/CSV/SS; however, the proc will not fire until the end of the effect.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    [Over] and [Rapid] can get proc'd while under FAW/CRF/CSV/SS; however, the proc will not fire until the end of the effect.

Is there any way to confirm this? I've never heard of delayed proc activations before.

EDIT: I've noticed that my [over] procs tend to go off in groups. If process effects are delayed until BFAW/CRF/etc. expire, then that would explain why my weapons are shooting multiple overload attacks whenever they trigger. This makes for one very nasty surprise lol.