test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A word of warning from me

mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
Anyone I see wearing a white & gold or blue & black uniform on ESD "for the lulz" is going to get auto-silenced by me.
Post edited by mhirtesc on

Comments

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Care to explain? What is the significance of these colors?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Anyone I see wearing a white & gold or blue & black uniform on ESD "for the lulz" is going to get auto-silenced by me.

What is the significance of said uniforms for you? I'm not following your logic here.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Check social media or google 'The Dress', You'll see soon enough. :rolleyes:

Lol. Sounds like Jacob vs. Edward all over again! :P :rolleyes:
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think I know what this is...

does this have to do with how people interpret the colors of a woman's dress in an overexposed photo?
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    admiraltroikaadmiraltroika Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Take a valium, OP. Why do you care what other people wear?
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No-one was WEARING it. Perhaps you should actually look into what was being discussed BEFORE commenting?

Well if you just came out and said it, people would understand. Instead you're trying to be coy. Nobody here knows wtf you are talking about or why you're upset.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My diplomats are dressed in white & gold.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Oh, and as a side-note, if anybody says "check social media" I'm ignoring them, too, by the way. Just on principle. That means it's most likely a TRIBBLE non-issue and full of vapid celebrities weighing in with ignorant uninformed opinions.

Let me know if I'm right or not on social media -- where I'll never bother to look. :cool:
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh well, looks like my sci is going to get silenced by you if she walks past you given her uniform is blue and black and has been since before DR...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Me? I didn't post this thread.

And simply pointing out that this rubbish is literally all over the internet at the moment and isn't very hard to find.

So is absolute proof that aliens are among us. So is proof that Obama is from Kenya. So is TRIBBLE.

So is rampant yellow journalism (I'm sorry, I meant Fox News).

That doesn't imply that people with any sense of taste bother to descend into the muck.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wear black and blue uniforms. You know, Starfleet science division. And I have no idea what you are talking about or hinting at and frankly I don't care ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    prediwave1prediwave1 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Women, they use every ounce of their brain to worry about what kind of shoes their frenemies are wearing....
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I wear black and blue uniforms. You know, Starfleet science division. And I have no idea what you are talking about or hinting at and frankly I don't care ;)

There's this picture...of like a dress...and some folks see it as gold/white and some see it as black/blue...and one group is going to kill off the other group in the end, and the discussion will be settled.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    prediwave1 wrote: »
    Women, they use every ounce of their brain to worry about what kind of shoes their frenemies are wearing....

I'm sure all women that play STO and/or actually work on the dev team are just thrilled with this kind of stereotyping...that's just not cool. :(

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh, and as a side-note, if anybody says "check social media" I'm ignoring them, too, by the way. Just on principle. That means it's most likely a TRIBBLE non-issue and full of vapid celebrities weighing in with ignorant uninformed opinions.

Let me know if I'm right or not on social media -- where I'll never bother to look. :cool:

We don't need no stinking social media !
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    ellyashtearellyashtear Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    um... i don't get it... so you plan to silence all Medics of Admiral rank and Basic Science Officers wearing their regulation uniforms... how strange...
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Check social media or google 'The Dress', You'll see soon enough. :rolleyes:

I'd prefer to remain ignorant.
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got hit by this in my lunchtime with coworkers. All I see is blue and black, but two of my colleagues (one man and one woman) see gold and white.

And I have uniforms in both combinations, they all look distinct to me. It must be the reflection on that fabric. Kind of the reflections of the Voth collar and shoulder plates. They look black at a certain angle and lighting, or dark purple, and sometimes even light gray.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

Is what I found. Apparently some sort of optical illusion causes people to disagree on the coloring of a dress.
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    whats funny is it does remind me of the anecdote about Gene Rodenberry and the filming of "the cage"...they had to re-shoot the scene with the orion girl over and over again because for some reason she wasn't showing as green on film............until they found out that the tech editing the scene was "auto-correcting" the color balance so the girl would look normal because no one told him she was SUPPOSED to be green
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It looks purple and brown to me, but then I'm colorblind so my eyes don't work properly anyway lol.

I find the whole thing to be hilarious though, from a colorblind person's POV. Welcome to how I feel about everything every single day not knowing if what I'm looking at is the right color.

Oh and I typically wear canon colors for my unis. So my Diplomat uni is white/gold and my science unis are black/blue. Well...assuming I have the proper colors set for them anyway, I can't tell. I have other people do my uni colors for me. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    Did you fall onto your head or have some sort of brain explosion?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    That sounds even more vapid than I thought. I won't even bother clicking the link.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That sounds even more vapid than I thought. I won't even bother clicking the link.

It's actually kind of interesting from a "brain-wiring" aspect if one ignores all the social media nonsense, imho. The science bit...not the folks arguing.
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As a Diplomat with Science training, i'm wearing all those colors you mentioned. However, i don't really care if you mute me or not.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    If it's about an optical illusion in a picture, that's not the science of the brain. That's the science of mucking around with a photo's color balance after-the-fact. You can do a lot. Look at the color blindness tests they have out there. "Can you see the number?" etc...

Also, the ST:TOS Orion girl issue mentioned above is a perfect example.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Annd this thread is /closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.