test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not really Double XP?

wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
Is anyone else having this issue?

While in game, I'm not really seeing any bonus' or boosts to the gains here, even after they've upped them on the queues. Is this working properly, or is it a case of Jayne's "10% of nuthin' add the nuthin' and the nuthin" etc... where the rewards are so low, that boosting them really doesn't even do much, because they're just so low?

i don't mean to be negative here, but i'm just not seeing any increase in the gains, which is a bad thing since it's a bonus weekend and they've increased the rewards on the queues.

Considering how we're only getting bonus skill points and expertise (is this useless now with training manuals), I really don't think this is something that should be called a bonus xp weekend. More so, if it's only from the mission rewards, rather than any other viable source of those points (kills don't seem to be counting).

I guess the tL;DR of this is:

It's not Double XP at all
It's not working for anything but mission finishes (if at all)
One of the things it's boosting is no longer used (hopefully i'm wrong on this one.

Am I just missing something here? I really hope that I am, because I was looking forward to getting actual XP boosts to get passed the ridiculous amount of grinding my alts.
Post edited by wraithshadow13 on

Comments

• bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    only managed a few minutes earlier but doffing and an argala patrol were both giving bonus exp
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One of the things it's boosting is no longer used (hopefully i'm wrong on this one.

Kind of off topic, but the fact you can't even mention just what it is goes to highlight one of the biggest problems with this games current state.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wouldn't be a proper bonus event without someone posting the mandatory "I don't feel like I'm getting the bonus" -thread. :D
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jjdez wrote: »
    Kind of off topic, but the fact you can't even mention just what it is goes to highlight one of the biggest problems with this games current state.

Expertise. Before the training switch, Expertise was for powering up boff abilities, but now that they're on the new manuals, do we even use this for anything besides the occasional fleet project?

warpangel wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a proper bonus event without someone posting the mandatory "I don't feel like I'm getting the bonus" -thread. :D

If anything, this would be more like "I can't find it" rather than " i don't feel like i'm getting it.

It's there, and people are saying they're getting it, i just can't seem to find where it is to use it.

I don't want to come off as being cynical or sarcastic, I just really can't seem to find it when i'm playing. Plus the questions are genuine in regards of what good is expertise since the training update, and asking if it's only the reward from finishing a mission that is giving bonus anything.

Although, as a gripy nitpick, should they really be calling it a bonus XP weekend when there is no benefit to actual experience gains?

I'm just kind of lost here, since reading the article didn't help, and i'm not seeing anything in game.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    expertise isn't really used much less than before the revamp, except now they are used whenever you apply a training manual
  • stealthriderstealthrider Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "Double exp" is a trick to get you to think things haven't been made as bad as they actually are. People are falling for it hook, line and sinker.
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "Double exp" is a trick to get you to think things haven't been made as bad as they actually are. People are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Thanks Obama!
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it's funny, because an hour after I got to work today, I received an email saying this:

Bonus XP Weekend!

Get the experience you need to face off against the forces in the Delta Quadrant. You'll be able to enjoy twice the experience this weekend!

Direct copy and paste there, and it's pretty false advertising since the weekend isn't effecting experience gains at all. The article very specifically mentions just skill points and expertise.