test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should we see the nexus soon?

uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
Hey All, I was wondering if we’re going to ever see the nexus in a mission? It would be cool to actually see and to experience it at to what Kirk and Picard did.

Plus I have this memory alpha site of saying "The doorway to the Nexus was a violent temporal energy ribbon which crossed through the galaxy every 39.1 years, among others in 2293, 2332, 2371, and 2410."

here is the link: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Nexus

Since one of them is in 2410, could we be seeing it soon?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by uss917019 on

Comments

• Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From memory alpha:
    The Nexus was an extradimensional realm in which one's thoughts and desires shape reality.

This game was never about our thoughts and desires. And that won't change. The only things you will see being added to this game are: more grind, more p2w, more grind, more lottery, more grind, more patrols, more grind, more cash grabs and maybe even more grind. :D
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm a longtime fan of Generations - my second favorite Trek movie. The Nexus has a lot of potential for an anything goes event or mission.

Hmm how much to get Sir Patrick to put down a few lines? $20,000 for an hour's work plus lunch? Make it so!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm a longtime fan of Generations - my second favorite Trek movie. The Nexus has a lot of potential for an anything goes event or mission.

Hmm how much to get Sir Patrick to put down a few lines? $20,000 for an hour's work plus lunch? Make it so!

That's the final fee. Best to try and lure him with a cup of earl grey.

Nexus is interesting, but please keep shatner away from STO
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Nexus is interesting, but please keep shatner away from STO

I am not saying to bring the voice in for Picard and Kirk i was just saying of what they did to make it in STO.

Although would be cool to bring in voice over again :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    uss917019 wrote: »
    Hey All, I was wondering if we’re going to ever see the nexus in a mission? It would be cool to actually see and to experience it at to what Kirk and Picard did.

Plus I have this memory alpha site of saying "The doorway to the Nexus was a violent temporal energy ribbon which crossed through the galaxy every 39.1 years, among others in 2293, 2332, 2371, and 2410."

here is the link: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Nexus

Since one of them is in 2410, could we be seeing it soon?

That would be great may be we can then go back in time and prevent delta rising from happening^^

No seriously generations and it's nexus was one of the stupidest things in Star Trek before jar jar Abrahams came arround.
    Although... We got other stupid things and the time frame matches so may be we will actually see it.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    yes we use the ribbon and Romulus is restored and the horrible caricature of the empire cryptic made is replaced with a real faction and the fed side doesnt get 90% of development time....

but really the ribbon could be a cool FE, maybe a good excuse to give us a movie era ship thats T5U or even just a temporally dislocated BOFF/DOFF(gold)
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You all know the Nexus is in the Tholian Red Alert in the background, right?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, because some unexplainable Star Trek stuff happened after the movie.

And Shatner rules.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It was a good movie, though I had to watch it a few times before I began to enjoy it. Soran is one of my favourite ST bad guys too.

If the Mindscape mission is anything to go by Cryptic are pretty good with trippy environments, so I reckon they could pull off a jolly romp into the Nexus - perhaps like Picard to fish someone else out of it.

It could do with it's own arc really, something like that would be wasted on a single FE.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmm... It could be an awesome reveal to learn that the 'new' iconians live in the nexus and deploy themselves via it through time and space and the reason for the iconians sudden incursion is down to the fact that mere carbon based lifeforms figured out how to divert (or destroy) the nexus
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    uss917019 wrote: »
    I am not saying to bring the voice in for Picard and Kirk i was just saying of what they did to make it in STO.

Although would be cool to bring in voice over again :)

Actually they could, since if memory serves time has no meaning within the Nexus. Picard and Kirk were both within the Nexus at one point, same as Guinan, so there should be an echo of them still.

Now THAT would be cool, to see a mission with Guinan playing a role :)
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We go into the nexus, travel back in time to prevent the Hobus supernova, and erase JJ Trek from the timeline.