test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan bridges

rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Romulan Discussion
I apologize if this is not the right place for this. My point is this. Feds have a ton of bridge options. KDF even has a decent selection of bridge options. Romulans have one. Two if you count the Scimitar, which can't be used on other warbirds, so, they've got one. ONE. I'd gladly by a Romulan bridge pack, and i wouldn't be surprised if others would too.
bridges.jpg
Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rtk142 wrote: »
    I apologize if this is not the right place for this. My point is this. Feds have a ton of bridge options. KDF even has a decent selection of bridge options. Romulans have one. Two if you count the Scimitar, which can't be used on other warbirds, so, they've got one. ONE. I'd gladly by a Romulan bridge pack, and i wouldn't be surprised if others would too.

In return Roms have the by far best looking one (outside the really expensive cstore ones, tos Belfast and intrepid).
    I feel the Klingons have (again) the short end of the stick, while they have many, all of em suck.

Funniest thing: 95 % of Klingon ships showed one and the same bridge with slight variations and that one is after 5 years still not in the game...
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I feel the Klingons have (again) the short end of the stick, while they have many, all of em suck.

I wouldn't say they all suck, I rather like the Koloth bridge myself. And you bring up another point, the Romulan bridge we have doesn't really look a ton like the one from TNG at least
    bridges.jpg
    edited February 2015
    I wouldn't say they all suck, I rather like the Koloth bridge myself. And you bring up another point, the Romulan bridge we have doesn't really look a ton like the one from TNG at least

This Bridge does not fit at all with smaller vessels like birds.
    For the romulan bridge,
    It's a relatively accurate replica of the valdore bridge from nemesis. ( Which, btw, used a lot of Klingon components from the very Klingon bridge I talked about earlier.... Which means the romulans have a bride closer to the actual standard Klingon bridge then the Klingons )
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They've said in the past it isn't worth it to build more so I doubt we will ever see any new ones.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    They've said in the past it isn't worth it to build more so I doubt we will ever see any new ones.

This, they just haven't sold well in the past, so they only make them when there is a real need for them.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more options, or even some reskins, I'm not s super fan of the brown look, but if we could get them to even add a place to put some trophies I'd be thrilled with that.
    edited February 2015
    They have said so much and did so little...

And with the bridges.... The problem since day 1 is they have no functionality.
  • markdb2011markdb2011 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I rather them make ships for us romulans instead of wasting time with bridges.
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    False equivalence - It doesn't detract from adding more ships to have new bridges.

For starters: they can release the scimitar bridge almost as is. New bridges? repurpose assets (which is what they've been doing anyway - the klingon command ship looks like a mutilated bortas)
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This Bridge does not fit at all with smaller vessels like birds.
    For the romulan bridge,
    It's a relatively accurate replica of the valdore bridge from nemesis. ( Which, btw, used a lot of Klingon components from the very Klingon bridge I talked about earlier.... Which means the romulans have a bride closer to the actual standard Klingon bridge then the Klingons )

I presume by "a lot of Klingon components" you mean it's a barely concealed Enterprise-E bridge set with two consoles from a Klingon Bird of Prey placed on it.;)

https://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/valdore-bridge.jpg
    edited February 2015
    misterde3 wrote: »
    I presume by "a lot of Klingon components" you mean it's a barely concealed Enterprise-E bridge set with two consoles from a Klingon Bird of Prey placed on it.;)

https://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/valdore-bridge.jpg

Which makes the Romlulan Bridge somehow the best federation AND Klingon bridge :D

But yes Im especially referring to that consoles which are a very prominent part of "the" klingon bridge, which again, was shown on most Klingon ships and once on a romulan.... and somehow only the romulans have it.....
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not looking for a whole new interior, I'm just looking for a few bridges, which I vaguely recall them saying take about two weeks. I'd just like a little variety
    bridges.jpg
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not looking for a whole new interior, I'm just looking for a few bridges, which I vaguely recall them saying take about two weeks. I'd just like a little variety

I agree. A few more (maybe two or three) to add variety.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd love to see the stats on how well bridges sell.

If it's something low like 10% of players buying bridges, then I can unfortunately understand them not wanting to make bridges for what we know is the smallest faction.

That said, I'd love it if a dev took it on as a side project. We've seen what Taco and the art team can do - let 'em loose for another Romulan bridge, and they'll work wonders I'm sure :D
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah the lack of bridge selection is one of my biggest disappointments I've had with the Romulan ships.
    I would have loved it if they had given the command warbirds a unique bridge I mean they're command ships after all. Something like Red October with a holographic strategic combat map would have been awesome.:cool:
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
    edited February 2015
    I would have loved it if they had given the command warbirds a unique bridge I mean they're command ships after all. Something like Red October with a holographic strategic combat map would have been awesome.:cool:

That would have been totally awesome! By the way, isn't there a KDF bridge like that? With some modifications, they could take it, replace the KDF consoles with Romulans ones, and change the color palette and vola! another bridge.
    edited February 2015
    I would have loved it if they had given the command warbirds a unique bridge I mean they're command ships after all.

Yeah, it would've been nice if they'd had Intel and Command-themed bridges for all the specialization ships. Not gonna lie, I'd shell out the extra 400 ZEN for those, even on top of the 3000 ZEN price tag of the ships. If they're anything as incredible as the ship designs they've been releasing lately, it'd definitely be worth it!
    edited February 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I'd shell out the extra 400 ZEN for those,

I'd pay more than that if they were imaginative inspiring bridges with lots of toys to fiddle with.
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I will say it again: the lleiset scimitar interior should replace the current gutted interior.
    Seein as the map and assets exist already its almost zero labor
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd love to see the stats on how well bridges sell.

Not gonna happen, they wont release stuff like that, they still have not released the raw data from cbs, prior to cryptics involvement that says people don't want to play Klingons.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
    edited March 2015
    seannewboy wrote: »
    Not gonna happen, they wont release stuff like that, they still have not released the raw data from cbs, prior to cryptics involvement that says people don't want to play Klingons.

They kinda did, with this chart for the 5yr anniversary milestones: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/15/df/15dfd990d3e6a010b50cf51079f2d8ef1422556818.jpg

It pains me to say this, but it also shows that we Republic players really are the minority.

The few, the proud, the ever-loud 11%! We are Republic! And we don't shut up! :cool:

EDIT: it's crazy to see just how slanted the playerbase's preferences actually are towards the Feds. Case in point, do some math on the race choices: Human and Vulcan alone represent a solid 41% of captains. And there are nearly as many Betazoids, just one of many Fed races, as there are Romulans, the lead characters in the Republic.
    edited March 2015
    The few, the proud, the ever-loud 11%! We are Republic! And we don't shut up!

I have to question how many of those 73% FED players are actually active accounts. I mean if they're including anyone who's ever signed up to play then those numbers are going to give off a false representation of the actual present STO community because those players are long gone.
    Not to say I don't believe Fed numbers are huge just the accuracy of those percentages may be off some what.
  • t0ffik1#9170 t0ffik1 Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They kinda did, with this chart for the 5yr anniversary milestones: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/15/df/15dfd990d3e6a010b50cf51079f2d8ef1422556818.jpg

It pains me to say this, but it also shows that we Republic players really are the minority.

The few, the proud, the ever-loud 11%! We are Republic! And we don't shut up! :cool:

EDIT: it's crazy to see just how slanted the playerbase's preferences actually are towards the Feds. Case in point, do some math on the race choices: Human and Vulcan alone represent a solid 41% of captains. And there are nearly as many Betazoids, just one of many Fed races, as there are Romulans, the lead characters in the Republic.

Yes the FEDs will have the majority probably whole time, but the thing is most ppl even if start other race go then to fed as from start craptic is focusing 90% of their resources on Federation... Look at the difference in amount of stuff you can get as a romulan vs a federation...
    Or even a romulan vs klingon.
    This is a big influence that makes the feds win by such a big number vs other factions.
    edited March 2015
    t0ffik1 wrote: »
    Look at the difference in amount of stuff you can get as a romulan vs a federation...
    Or even a romulan vs klingon.
    This is a big influence that makes the feds win by such a big number vs other factions.

I'm not so sure. I think there's going to be a major portion of the community that will always gravitate towards Fed, 'cause that's what the entire Star Trek cinematic story has been focused on.

But I feel that the Republic is slowly stealing the title of 'best equipped' from the Feds. With some of the recent ships that've come to the C-Store, I've seen a lot of bellyaching over how the Republic design is leaps and bounds ahead of the Feds and KDF. Mind you, when your design philosophy is "make this thing bird-like and over-the-top regal" you're shooting for gold in the first place ;) But for sure, there's more and more draw to the Republic as time goes on.

Case in point - this thread is complaining about the lack of Republic bridges. But with the exception of the special sets (Defiant, TOS Enterprise, Voyager...) I'd struggle to find a Fed bridge that outshines the single Republic option.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    those number basically represent beautiful PR spin but no facts... how many of those played for 3d or less? How many of those for 6hrs or less? How many of those play feds since feds get 90% of the dev time and have all the massive customization option handed to them?

Sure Im willing to bet there is a slight majority that do fed cause 'kirk' or 'picard' but go to a trek convention, there are plenty of ppl in terribad klingon costumes too... way more than 16%
    edited March 2015
    Sure Im willing to bet there is a slight majority that do fed cause 'kirk' or 'picard' but go to a trek convention, there are plenty of ppl in terribad klingon costumes too... way more than 16%

Reminds me of that meme about Westboro Baptists planning on picketing at Nimoy's funeral.

"Westboro Baptist Chruch plans to disrupt the funeral of Lenoard Nimoy.

Do they realize how many role-playing Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, and Borg have been waiting for a chance to try out their overpriced C440 Bat'leths? Someone's about to get their (explitive) assimilated."
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For Romulans, having some variety of bridges would be a nice touch, also if there was more room to walk in and doors to open in all bridges besides Romulans that would also be good. As for memes about a cult, I don't see the relevance. I don't pay attention to that non-Christian cult anyway. Thank you very much. Can't wait to check out the in-game memorials to Spock and others in game. Happy Trekking! :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd like to be able to do the trophy thing, be able to sit in the chair in the ready room and have the bartender and other crew functions work at their respective npc avatars.
    edited March 2015
    sthe91 wrote: »
    For Romulans, having some variety of bridges would be a nice touch, also if there was more room to walk in and doors to open in all bridges besides Romulans that would also be good. As for memes about a cult, I don't see the relevance. I don't pay attention to that non-Christian cult anyway. Thank you very much. Can't wait to check out the in-game memorials to Spock and others in game. Happy Trekking! :)

I was trying to support kodachikuno's comments by using another example.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited March 2015

true but at least my senior officers dont fall through the floor.

about 4 or 5 of the bridges (galaxy, sovereign) 2 or 3 of your officers fall out of their chairs and into the floor, this has been a problem for ages and has still not been fixed.

So although id like more romulan bridges id like them to fix the ones they have first, which is unlikely as they say bridges dont sell.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Wow been a long time. no improvements. Ok, my idea is crossfaction bridges. As in new bridges that work with all factions but to get them you need to get a cross faction ship and then it it unlocked for all the ships you have. also since romulans have only one bridge default. how about they get access to the bridges to the faction they are allied with. Call it a old tal shiar training method to easily infiltrate enemies ships so they literally made the insides of certain ships look like their enemies ships to get the lay of the land kinda thing like earth history with the soviet russia train people in a town to act american during the cold war. spycraft 101. Either way gets people to buy bridges or more ships. so they idea will sell to the people in charge of cryptic and the designers don't waste time redressing the sets with new color schemes or create new bridges from scratch.
This discussion has been closed.