test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crash, crash, crash, always crashing everywhere

The game crashes when changing maps, loading characters and other random situations. But this is most consistent when playing Crystaline Catastrophe. It always crashes during that. All of this started after the anniversary event started.

Edit: It seems to be getting worse, if that's possible. Half the times I change maps it crashes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The game crashes when changing maps, loading characters and other random situations. But this is most consistent when playing Crystaline Catastrophe. It always crashes during that. All of this started after the anniversary event started.

Edit: It seems to be getting worse, if that's possible. Half the times I change maps it crashes.

So how old is your system ????

Last Fall, I started having mysterious PC crashes on my Alienware system, (hard crash that would require a system reboot to recover), one of which gave a readable memory fault warning. So googled how to open up the case, took a look inside to confirm the RAM type and location, and while I had the case open, removed the graphics card, so I could blow out all the accumulated dust on it and the motherboard, then put the system back together. Just to make sure the system was still working after the maintenance, I tried playing STO a few more times, and found that the crashes had disappeared. My STO Play time remains crash free to this day...

Since myself, and most other players do not have these crashes while playing STO (with CCA being my favorite location for R&D material gathering for Beam Upgrades...) It could be that your problems are caused by something systemic to your system...
  • Options
    generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm getting frequent crashes too. ( my thread here )

my crashes always end with the cryptic error reporter coming up and wanting to upload crash dumps. I usually tell it to proceed, but after the fifth crash in a row the uploading dumps starts to eat up all of my bandwidth. which isn't a lot to begin with when compared to a lot of other people's connection.

the crashes aren't showing up in the event viewer in windows. so the only thing I have to go on are the mysterious set of numbers that make up the 'error ticket id'
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...