test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Idea for new LTS bonus...

imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
While running the Omega molecue dailies to get the Samsar, I got to thinking back to the Winter event and how I nearly missed out on the Sarr-Theln, as a result of being hospitalised after a car accident, and it gave me an idea...

I had the thought that a way of bolstering the appeal of the LTS, without being completely over the top, might be to grant LTS subscribers automatic reward of all event ships...

When you consider they're virtually free anyway, outside of having to run X number of dailies to gain Y number of tokens, there's no actual money cost associated with them, so awarding them automatically to LTS subscribers is little more than a 'quality of life' perk, but something I personally would find quite useful...

Not sure if this would be possible within the game itself, but this automatic reward could even be extended to allowing event reward ships to be obtainable at any time, regardless of whether the event is running or not, adding further benefit...

Curious what other LTS subscribers, and those considering an LTS, would think of this...
The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
Post edited by imruined on

Comments

• Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmm.. No. If you are hurt, have someone at home log on and do it for you. They should totally do it due to sympathy points. A discount I might not have an issue with but just giving it to us? I don't like the "grind" more than anyone else but that just seems unfair.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hmm.. No. If you are hurt, have someone at home log on and do it for you. They should totally do it due to sympathy points. A discount I might not have an issue with but just giving it to us? I don't like the "grind" more than anyone else but that just seems unfair.

You misunderstand, it was not a sympathy play, I was just throwing out how the thought process came about...

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here's a good LTS perk: lifetimers get the dilithium bonus expanded to cover the rep projects it used to (and should).
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    You misunderstand, it was not a sympathy play, I was just throwing out how the thought process came about...

I'm not saying it was. I'm saying it's unfair to just hand us something like that. We got the vet rewards cause we are paid up, in full, FOREVER. This isn't the same thing. It's an event, we should have to do it just like everyone else.

The sympathy comment was meant to be more contained to you specifically. You must have a family and friends, if you are sick or hurt, get them to do it :p Also sorry you had such a rough time.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it's a good idea think about players who just join the game they can never get the accolades and/or the anniversary ships Enterprise F and C ,the Solanae Class and Obelisk Carrier i know that variants of these ships are in the store but it's different and it would be a good addition for the 600 days vice admiral ship token
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i think whoever is in charge of the marketing of sto just isnt very good at their job. there are many things that they could do to make lts and even gold more attractive, and without detracting from or 'nerfing' the f2pers either.
    unfortunately, i think they just arent into it.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Who would buy a LTS at this point? Short of giving me unlimited in game currency and giving me access to everything in the C-Store indefinitely, no sale.

Basically, give LTS the ability to bypass all forms of grind and I'd consider it.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So you want them to add more weight to your already dead weight?

Sorry buddy... LTS'ers are a thorn in the side of Cryptic... They'd much rather get rid of them, than add futher incentive to subscribe.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    While running the Omega molecue dailies to get the Samsar, I got to thinking back to the Winter event and how I nearly missed out on the Sarr-Theln, as a result of being hospitalised after a car accident, and it gave me an idea...

I had the thought that a way of bolstering the appeal of the LTS, without being completely over the top, might be to grant LTS subscribers automatic reward of all event ships...

When you consider they're virtually free anyway, outside of having to run X number of dailies to gain Y number of tokens, there's no actual money cost associated with them, so awarding them automatically to LTS subscribers is little more than a 'quality of life' perk, but something I personally would find quite useful...

Not sure if this would be possible within the game itself, but this automatic reward could even be extended to allowing event reward ships to be obtainable at any time, regardless of whether the event is running or not, adding further benefit...

Curious what other LTS subscribers, and those considering an LTS, would think of this...
    so what you're saying, is that LTS should should have LESS reason to play the game by removing reasons to play during events.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    anazonda wrote: »

Sorry buddy... LTS'ers are a thorn in the side of Cryptic... They'd much rather get rid of them, than add futher incentive to subscribe.

if that is true, why do cryptic regularly discount lts?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    anazonda wrote: »

A large instant cash injection and a good chance a lifer will still make purchases in the CStore, makes this seem unlikely myself...

If they no longer wanted LTS players, they'd no longer offer the option of an LTS for purchase, nor would they ever hold 33% off LTS sales...
    so what you're saying, is that LTS should should have LESS reason to play the game by removing reasons to play during events.

There's plenty more to do during an event, than just the event...

• Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    atm don't buy a LTS ... the game is worse than ever before.

- lag lag lag

- extreme unbalance in powers

- more mission bugs than ever before

- hardcore nerfing from the devs

DONT BUY ANY ZEN or LTS!
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited February 2015

- lag lag lag

DONT BUY ANY ZEN or LTS!

atm wait for a discount LTS ... the game is richer in contents than ever before

- fun fun fun

- ground content

- wait for the fix

- balancing the economy

your can choose
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i think whoever is in charge of the marketing of sto just isnt very at their job. there are many things that they could do to make lts and even gold more attractive, and without detracting of 'nerfing' the f2pers either.
    unfortunately, i think they just arent into it.

This is what I agree with. The big issue, in my opinion is there is no real good reason to subscribe. I am a Lifetime subscriber, but if I were not, I would be F2P. As it is, you are better of taking the $15 each month and buying Zen (as opposed to the 500 you get for being Gold). They need to offer greater advantage to subscribing!! Again, without nerfing the F2P. I'm not sure what all they could do, but someone needs to look at this. Over-Monetizing the game is NOT the way to go!!

Many of the original LTS bonuses just no longer matter. We get moved to the front of the queue (if there is one, for login). This is useless, now. The Captain's Table is pretty much useless. I realize there has been some talk, lately about how to make it viable, again, but until then, it is not really a bonus. Vet Rewards were discontinued, so no new bonuses there. We still have Liberated Borg as a playable race, as well as Talaxian. The uniform parts are nice, as are the two extra character slots. We also have an in-game title and a forum title. Boosting subs would by effect boost LTS, but there are a few things that need work for LTS, as well.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015

- lag lag lag

DONT BUY ANY ZEN or LTS!

I wouldn't recommend the LTS at this point either. Game client bugs and crashing are happening to quite a few people including myself. The 5 year aniversery event ushered in content that was attrocious in terms of quality of play because the mini-games hardly ever worked and were placed in the wrong zones. Also if you like playing as a Klingon or Romulan alligned character prepare for second class treatment in terms of content offerings when new tiers get released.

I honestly think this game won't last much longer if Cryptic doesn't up the quality of testing and debugging soon. What they have currently isn't working the way it should be. Wither it's with management pushing unrealistic schedules for release, poor implementation and testing, or both. Something has to change soon or there will be a nice collapes of a once good game.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think the reason for the continued LTS sales is because they are not seeing the cash flow that they expected from Z-Store sales and monthly subs, and they have not figured out why.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got it! Become a lifetime subscriber and you can get any event item you missed for the low low price of 100,000 dilithium each!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    I rather they give the captains' table a purpose in STO...
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think they continue to offer and discount the lifetime because - hey it's money. But I don't think they're really interested in lifetimers. They prefer the $300+ monthly spenders.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I had the spare cash, I'd buy a lts in a flash (During a sale, naturally), as I thoroughly enjoy the game.

As a random possible perk that won't happen, how about a daily mission/reward in Captain's Table that rewards a choice of 40 q-mmendations or photo's or any other event currency?