test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buh Bye, Omega particles...

nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
...at least, when the event ends. I thought they'd be available afterwards, but it seems not:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22140231#post22140231

You can use them until you run out, though. Personally, I only ever made one of the top tier things anyway. Mini-Game was way too buggy & strange for my taste; and seemed rather unrewarding as a result.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I only do the minigame for the daily. After that I buy the traces off the exchange.

However the game has been fixed, I am not the best at it but even I get atleast two traces per colour.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good riddence to em, nothing but a lag fest and non-functional mini game play for me.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The way everybody has been grinding for these.. things... makes it certain that this mini-game will return next year.

Ugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like the minigame. Reminds me of the games of my youth when that type of game was the pinnacle of computer gaming (Well, not quite, but its not far off). I've been putting quite a bit of time into it and I'm not bored yet.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    why they dont keep omega molecule after event ends ?
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it's a step up from finding mini q's but it's still pretty boring. the episode is always good. but these mini games really don't make you feel like your celebrating anything. because camping areas and farming things is nothing to celebrate. so I expect it will back next year to bore the pants off us.

come celebrate 5 years of sto by camping, farming and grinding. aside from the story episode everything else isn't fun.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I played games like these mini-games 20 years ago on computer systems that were less powerful than my current smartphone.

What's next, a Pong-based mini game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    czertik123 wrote: »
    why they dont keep omega molecule after event ends ?

because no one would ever spend a dime on upgrades ever again. As it is many people will have hundreds if not thousands of these upgrades.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ir0ncladbravoir0ncladbravo Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah the R&D side of its broke now as well as i can only make only 1 of each shard/fragment at any one time now:mad:
    Everytime I see complaints about the same thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm in the same boat myself really. The mission was entirely too bugged, and from what i've been reading, they final reward wasn't really worth the effort needed. Just like that other thing in this game: Every.

To be honest, i wasn't really impressed by the ship either, so i just gave up on another failed ingame event. I really don't like the added carrot on the stick approach to the T6 ships either. New traits for better builds is one thing, but I shouldn't have to spend so much just to get the ones that i want. More so, if they're just going to be putting out something similar or better down the line.