test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kobali BOFF from "Dust to Dust"

mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Not sure if this is suppose to happen, but I re-ran "Dust to Dust" last night and got a second Kobali BOFF. I thought you could only get it once.
Playing since launch in 2010.
Post edited by mindmage on

Comments

• gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I assumed that, but I never saw it mentioned either way.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A novelty for sure; they don't really do much and are not beneficial to Bridge crew setups due to their Traits being all ground.

Of course, if that's something you're not concerned with, then they will do fine as a free Command Spec Boff.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A novelty for sure; they don't really do much and are not beneficial to Bridge crew setups due to their Traits being all ground.

Of course, if that's something you're not concerned with, then they will do fine as a free Command Spec Boff.

Having said that though, their ground abilities are fantastic... A pair of them might actually be worth the effort...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    Having said that though, their ground abilities are fantastic... A pair of them might actually be worth the effort...

Maybe. I'm thinking the best option would be an all Aenar away team with intel spec, photonic decoy'd. On a Tac Captain with Security Team DOffed out and Shard of Possibilities.

It would conceivably be possible to have something like 25 away team members running around that way.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe. I'm thinking the best option would be an all Aenar away team with intel spec, photonic decoy'd. On a Tac Captain with Security Team DOffed out and Shard of Possibilities.

It would conceivably be possible to have something like 25 away team members running around that way.

I like the way you think
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mindmage2 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is suppose to happen, but I re-ran "Dust to Dust" last night and got a second Kobali BOFF. I thought you could only get it once.

Odd. I did the mission a second time last night and found the Kobali, talked to her, said I'd like for her to join, then got a message saying I could only have one of a unique item (which I expected).

EDIT: It could be relative to whether you've actually told her to "join" or kept her in standby. I haven't told mine to join yet.

Lucky you if you got a 2nd one. Grats.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited February 2015

If we see the server crash we'll know who did it.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ovrkyl wrote: »
    Odd. I did the mission a second time last night and found the Kobali, talked to her, said I'd like for her to join, then got a message saying I could only have one of a unique item (which I expected).

EDIT: It could be relative to whether you've actually told her to "join" or kept her in standby. I haven't told mine to join yet.

Lucky you if you got a 2nd one. Grats.

The character i re-ran the mission with had the Kobali commissioned and i got to add the second one no problem. I didn't need two of em so I discharged the second one.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
    edited February 2015
    You know, if I had to guess, I'd guess that the costume fix applied here bypassed the "unique" tag. Us getting two was probably unintended but the earlier version we got probably didn't count as same BOff so getting two probably required playing it last week and this week.

Pretty sure people who played twice last week couldn't get a second one then.

But I have two now and I'm guessing it's because they updated in a way that made the new one classify as a "different" BOff.
    edited February 2015
    I did an all Aenar away team on a Sci captain and ground missions were a blast. :D

Anybody know if you can have two ranks of Photonic Decoy active at once on a single bridge officer?
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One of my alts now has three Kobali BOFFs. Two commissioned and one in reserve. I haven't tried to commission the third one because she doesn't really need a third one. It surprised me when she got the second one. They all have different names too. I ran it twice on the fifth to make sure I got the uniform and deflector.