test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange Problem: Items showing up only under “lieutenant”

sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Dear all,

I was trying to sell some “rankless” items (rubidium, radiogenic particles and salvaged technology) but I could not find my items for sale even though they were the lowest priced.

Then I played around with the filters, and found them under the “lieutenant” category. In fact, I found several other items (for cheaper) under “lieutenant” that should have been found under the general search. It’s as if there is a “parallel” market for items that get accidentally placed under “lieutenant” and then only show up if you specifically search for items under “lieutenant”.

For example, the cheapest Salvaged Tech under “lieutenant” was 349K…but under the general search (with no filters) you would find the lowest offer at 399K.

Clearly something is not working here. I hope this gets fixed soon as (accidentally) breaking the market in two creates obvious problems.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and for a future resolution to this issue.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have confirmed this issue with several players in-game.

Can other forum users confirm having seen this issue too?
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    confirmed
    but thats how it has been for more than 2 years meanwhile

i guess its working as intended
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    It's has been a bug since S9.5 got released and I've complained about it a lot. They put in a bunch of new stuff and:

1) ALL (Ground weapons, space weapons, shields, deflectors, etc) non-level 15 crafted items are found by using the Lieutenant filter regardless of Mark.

2) Salvaged tech (always), mats (sometimes) and possibly components (I haven't checked) randomly are being classified under Lieutenant also.

The Exchange has been a complete mess since crafting was implemented because of this. It's also the reason why it's so hard to sell anything over mark II that you craft since it requires very specific search parameters to pull those up.

Whomever is adding new items into the game has to take the Exchange into consideration because it seems it has become a copy/paste and TRIBBLE the Exchange problem.
  • khenaliankhenalian Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would like to confirm this bug - this makes the Exchange really unreliable. No one will see the items I am trying to sell. When will this be fixed?

These are the steps I took to confirm it:

1) Crafted 5 "Superior Cannon Weapons Tech Upgrades"
    2) Posted 5 on the Exchange at 245,000 EC each (1225000 total)
    3) Search on the Exchange for Superior Cannon Weapons Tech Upgrade, under Sort By Ascending, Any Rank, Any Quality - items do not show as posted.
    4) Search on the Exchange for Superior Cannon Weapons Tech Upgrade, under Sort By Ascending, Lieutenant, Any Quality - items do show as posted.

I have tried logging off and logging back in, removing the items and reposting them, posting the items under a different quantity and amount per item, all to no effect. They only show when filtered as "Lieutenant", even though these items are not ranked.
    edited March 2015
    This is happening for everything unranked that I post to the Exchange.
  • neuralswapneuralswap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I confirm same for the elite R&D material, mine doesn't appear in search, only with lieutenant Now I have something like 14 elite material unselled and same for advanced
  • caltaircaltair Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've been having the same problem with most items I try to post to the exchange. I get a lot of items from lock boxes but can only post them sporadically. I routinely search after posting to check if my items are visible after posting. I am aware that sometimes there is a lag between posting and actual appearance in the exchange so I have made sure to check for my items later on. Almost 70% of the time my items do not appear correctly. I'll see one item in the exchange for the same price as what I was asking for but I myself posted six at that price. Yet there's only one listed on the exchange?

I don't care for any new content for a while, I'm getting adjusted to all the new options we have access to, but I want the next update to be a complete rework of the Exchange.
    liCO4Xm.jpg
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Anyone know if they are going to fix this? Over 24 hrs with broken exchange for me.
    edited March 2015
    Bump - this needs to be investigated and should be considered an urgent bug - this makes the Exchange practically unusable for a good percentage of the user base. I consider this to be a game-breaking - this makes anything I post practically unsellable.
    edited March 2015
    I have filed a bug report for this issue:

Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,277,852.
  • pdempseypdempsey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khenalian wrote: »
    I have filed a bug report for this issue:

Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,277,852.

Thanks for doing this. Doesn't seem anything I post to the exchange is going up, and I can't find any of them even under Lieutenant.
    edited March 2015
    Its Monday morning. Might we get a response from a Cryptic developer that this is being looked at? I am losing millions of potential EC every day this is in effect - and since some 50-60% of my time in the game is spent on the Exchange, this seriously diminishes my desire to play (and pay for) anything in this game.
    edited March 2015
    Can we please at least get an upgrade to investigating? I'm happy to provide any screenshots and repeatable steps needed.

The Exchange is basically split in two at this point - a market of people who search expecting to see everything when "All Ranks" is filtered, and a market of people who know about the bug and search with "Lieutenant" filtered. This is not good for the in-game economy - at all.
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was placing a bunch of junk on the exchange.

was using the item to do the search. Scanning thru the pages I might find a comparable VR for lets say 50K and there were many listed on page after page.

Apply the VR filter and suddenly there are only like 5 listed and they might be for 300K and up.

I will also set the filter to only items I can use and still see Fed related stuff or say Eng if Im a Tac.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    My items sit on the Exchange unsold forever unless I am lucky enough to have someone with knowledge of the bug search using filters that one would NEVER think to search for with an unranked item.

Is this truly how we expect the Exchange to function?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    The Exchange is still a big fat laggy mess. The day they released the bug ship, there was a full 1 minute lag to list or buy anything from the Exchange. Someone needs to take a look at the Exchange's code and fix up all these problems.
    edited March 2015
    This needs to at least be put on the Known Issues list so that players are given a chance to know about the issues with viewing all available items on the Exchange.
    edited March 2015
    Another day goes by with no acknowledgement from Cryptic that this bug has been acknolwedged or is being worked on. Another day of having my items blocked from view on the Exchange. Another day of lost sales. Am I just permanently condemned to not being able to sell on the Exchange like others are? The only workaround I have is to broadcast the existance of this bug in ESD zone chat when I post anything for sale, but that's hardly effective.

A healthy market is critical in any MMO. Please address the fundamental problems with the coding of the Exchange. I'll continue to bump this daily (or more) until it gets some attention - I should not have to wait years for my items to be viewable like everyone else's. There is no excuse for continuing to ignore your broken system.
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Stil, have this problem. :mad:
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The real bug here is that "any rank" search doesnt do "any rank" on auctioin items listed by some players?

Does anyone know

1. Has anyone tried new accounts on same and different pcs/isps to see if this is pc/ip/character/account specific?
    2.Would a reinstall fix this?
    3.Does it affect any new users?
    4.Anyone know where to find bug tickets?
    5.Would posting about this in steam reviews be a better place?

If they would say that this would be fixed in a week or even being worked on I'm sure a lot of ppl would feel better.
  • neuralswapneuralswap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUMP

It's the "Any Rank" than doesn't work, with some specific item it's good set for liutenant some other admiral but this, in a game based on economy, with a week now than this doesn't work and also wrost than someone take a hand on exchange problem (last patch) and no fix this major one, it's really unbelievable.
    All economy are cracked, because users see than stuffs are not sell and lower the price.

It seems to me a really urgent patch
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    EDIT: It would be nice if a dev at least commented that this is a known issue. For the players, it is a long known issue that is never ending. Once it's "fixed" a new update of some kind comes out that immediately breaks the exchange again. I have verified the OP's claims and have been experiencing this myself for weeks. Just a comment. Anything would be comforting.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If they would say that this would be fixed in a week or even being worked on I'm sure a lot of ppl would feel better.

I assume it goes like this: The bug is well known to the devs. It does not have a high priority, though. Other bugs in the Exchange (sorting, missing display of important information on Doffs, Boffs, filter functionality, etc.) and the items themselves (wrong categories, levels, and such) make the devs assume that it cannot be fixed without a complete or extensive overhaul. Any Exchange system, however, has nothing to do with Zen or Dilithium, or does require serious programming, and therefore remains off schedule. It is not being worked on, because it is too much work for too little direct payoff. Therefore it can only be fixed if "Exchange Overhaul" is part of a larger update that in fact has some monetization going on.

I hope I am not right.
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
    edited March 2015
    Bump. Please fix the Exchange.
  • salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Double bump: I can view that I have items that I have put up for sale in the exchange but is no evidence of the items being offered in the exchange listings for all to see.:(
  • salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In game ticket issued # 3,301,77 date 3-17-15

"Items are that I am trying to sell are not showing up in the public display of
    the exchange. There are more than a few people have said the same thing..
    I can view that I have items that I have put up for sale in the exchange but is no
    evidence of the items being offered in the exchange listings for all to see. "

"Please advise. "

Hopefully within our life times they will fix it... :rolleyes:
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    We are aware of this issue. I have no information on when a fix might be made. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    ...ALL (Ground weapons, space weapons, shields, deflectors, etc) non-level 15 crafted items are found by using the Lieutenant filter regardless of Mark...

I wonder if this is why I can't find any Mk XII DBB lately... I was recently changing ships for an alt and wanted to buy some new weapons, and was shocked there were no Disruptor or Plasma Mk XII DBB on the exchange. None. I've been searching daily for about a week and still can't find any. There are some other alternate-flavor-disruptor DBBs that come up (I can't remember... the exact anpe), but no plain vanilla Disruptor or Plasma Mk XII DBB.

Next time I check, I'll try searching under Lieutenant...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited March 2015
    We are aware of this issue. I have no information on when a fix might be made. Thanks for the reports.

Could you at least put this on the "Known Issues" list so that more people know to search using "Lieutenant" as the filter for unranked items? At least that way we will have less of a split exchange between those who know about the bug and those who don't. This is a really big issue for a lot of people who sell on the Exchange. I'd gather that a large percentage of the player base has no idea that my items are available on the market because they can't see them when they search using expected parameters.
    edited March 2015
    Bump - please add this to known issues. From comparing items under the "Lieutenant" filter vs without it, this is impacting approximately 2/3rds of all unranked items listed for sale on the Exchange. The playerbase deserves to know of the workaround and if no fix is planned for the immediate future then it deserves to be listed as a Known Issue.