test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outraged: Q is Bigoted

iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
Regarding Andoria: "Look at this planet... if I were here, I'd be blue too."

So what does it matter if they're blue, Q?

Fabricated outrage is still a kind of outrage, you know.
ExtxpTp.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Strangely I can actually take this more seriously than many of the outrage threads that have popped up lately.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hrmm, are they not blue? Are they uptight about being blue and don't want folks to mention that they're blue? Is it a supreme matter of pride that they are blue and so his blue joke would offend them?
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    At least he doesn't call them Papa Smurfs.

Was that out loud?
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd go more with Q is not color blind. Are they not blue?

No, some of them are white (like the Aenar).

But he went out of his way to mention that he would be blue if he were on Andoria. As if there was something wrong with being blue.

It was clearly a dog whistle comment. The only people who hear it are similarly bigoted like Q.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited February 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »

Was that out loud?

Shhhhh, Geko will hear you.

"Know what this game needs? It needs Smurfs...Smurfs with smurfin' lasers on their heads!"
    iconians wrote: »
    No, some of them are white (like the Aenar).

But he went out of his way to mention that he would be blue if he were on Andoria. As if there was something wrong with being blue.

It was clearly a dog whistle comment.

I'd take it more as there being something wrong with Andoria...not that there's anything wrong with being blue.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    :: shrugs ::

Pinkskins, who can figure 'em?
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I was green I would die
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2015
    'd take it more as there being something wrong with Andoria...not that there's anything wrong with being blue.

I go to Andoria on non-Andorians and I'm not blue. Maybe Q is so bigoted he thinks if you touch Andoria you'll turn blue too? If so, his small-mindness and ignorance is even more deeply-rooted than I originally hypothesized.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited February 2015
    I go to Andoria on non-Andorians and I'm not blue. Maybe Q is so bigoted he thinks if you touch Andoria you'll turn blue too? If so, his small-mindness and ignorance is even more deeply-rooted than I originally hypothesized.

I was rather disappointed in visiting Andoria, it was the first time, and the overall sensation I had from the experience was a somewhat...blue...feeling.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Would somebody PLEASE think of the Aenar!
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
    edited February 2015
    I was rather disappointed in visiting Andoria, it was the first time, and the overall sensation I had from the experience was a somewhat...blue...feeling.

Why do you have to point out the color blue? What does it matter?
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Would somebody PLEASE think of the Aenar!

Yes! They're already bridge officers and duty officers, and therefore in the chain of command. Why can't we have Aenar captains not from the Alien generator?

Does this Anti-Andoria bigotry transcend Q and go directly into Cryptic's development team?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would be grumpy too if I had blue balls all the time
    GwaoHAD.png
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »

Was that out loud?

Could you imagine if they had beards to match their tos-and-tng-era hair?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Lal_as_Andorian.jpg
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Could you imagine if they had beards to match their tos-and-tng-era hair?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Lal_as_Andorian.jpg

I imagined it, and LOL'd. :D
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

-> Figure of speech

-> some players' heads

Does this Anti-Andoria bigotry transcend Q and go directly into Cryptic's development team?
    Clearly. It seems you must go and Occupy Andoria...

Just watch out when you start turning blue; that's the frostbite. Once you turn black, you're totally f-d.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Curious: Are you elcor?

Mild annoyance: Because cultural appropriation is wrong, you know.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe he's just fishing for a reaction. This is the immature kid Q, remember. His mockery doesn't have the same class as his old man.

I'm sure he's much more discriminatory of mortals in general than of blue mortals in particular.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My favorite is the line for Qo'nos. Something like "can you explain all the spikes and giant statues to me?" Or for the Klingon Academy, "What do they learn to do here, growl and eat books?"
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    narthais wrote: »
    Strangely I can actually take this more seriously than many of the outrage threads that have popped up lately.

Same here... the complaint actually seems more legitimate than a lot of the others for once.
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's Q. He's trolling.

He can make them whatever color he wants, and you wouldn't even realize there was a difference.

For all we know they could have been orange yesterday. He can back to that magic moment when the species developed and made it so that they were orange, then green, then red, then given them racing stripes...at this point we see them as being blue. Maybe he just testing you this time around to see if you noticed?

How hard is it for an omnipotent being to alter a race however he want?

There are more important things to be concerned about, like why am I not freezing my posterior off when I beam down to the surface of Andoria. I think the whole Andoria supposedly being really cold is cover for something suspicious. They don't let you wear swim outfits there because it would be obvious something was up.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »

Great minds think alike. First thing that went through my head.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015

And you expect something different out of the guy who even John de Lancie Q thinks is a d*ck?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    While we're being outraged by stuff that Q has said and done, I still think having Elachi dancing in New Romulus Command is in poor taste. :mad:
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Really? if your going to go that way then I will just say this Shran was one as well calling the humans pink skin

please get over this, it is a game not real life if you can't handle it,then it is time to step away for awhile and rethink your life.
    While we're being outraged by stuff that Q has said and done, I still think having Elachi dancing in New Romulus Command is in poor taste.

again this is a game and Q loves to pull pranks on EVERYONE get over it.
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Really? if your going to go that way then I will just say this Shran was one as well calling the humans pink skin

please get over this, it is a game not real life if you can't handle it,then it is time to step away for awhile and rethink your life.

I think you might be missing the point of this thread...
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Heh.

It's a totally serious issue.

Q is omnipotent.

He is setting a bad example.

Do have any idea how many minds Q can change? It would be tedious to keep track, I mean does he even note how large or small the inside of an individual's skull is before changing their mind? If he expands a person's mind beyond their cranial capacity does it leak out their ears? Who would clean up the mess?

Shouldn't he be held to some kind of account? Would that account accrue interest? Would there be a Ferengi involved?

:P
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Q is a genius with unparalelled wit, and an IQ of 2005
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Let me guess you beamed down and got the cold shoulder?

I think Q is just upset the tickets for Blue Man Group were sold out.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited February 2015

I'm not taking this seriously. That's why I mentioned this was fabricated outrage. My posts and subsequent responses are intentionally satirical in nature.

You can point out an issue in the game without clutching your pearls over it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg