test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kobali Samsar Cruiser healboat?

rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Just got the Samsar today (I didn't turn in last year's Qmendations). I'm loving the ship so far in PvE. It's tanky. The command powers are kind of cool and don't seem OP like intel powers.

What I was thinking, however, was running one as a healboat for PvP. The boff setup looks perfect for one and some of the command powers seem like they would help in the healing department like Overwhelm Emitters.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    oh it would surely make a grand healboat. but the time has passed for such things, there's no one left to heal, and the only currency in pve is DPS.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yep the command powers seem fine. Even good, they would have been a good combo for heal heavy type ships with lots of team buffs and a couple small DPS skills thrown in.

To late though... Intel has already destroyed PvP.

Had this spec been the first spec... perhaps our opinions would have been different. Intel was/is a badly thought out spec... that does almost nothing for PvE and destoryed what was left of PvP.

RIP STO PvP. It has no future in its current form... and Cryptic could care less about ever removing ti from the system to fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Have you seen the set bonus?

It's perfect for a healBoat.

Doubly so, if you combine the 4pc bonus with the Dauntless trait. Throw on the Pathfinder trait for added lulz with the 3pc.
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »

Doubly so, if you combine the 4pc bonus with the Dauntless trait. Throw on the Pathfinder trait for added lulz with the 3pc.

3pc w/ Elite Fleet Resilient Shileds or 4pc? Im not a fan of set skills, but this one seems very very very good.
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »

Yeah, that's a great set, definitely for healers imho :) It's litterally screaming "EQUIP ME IN A HEALBOAT" :D
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah that set bonus looks sweet. The console on the ship is nice too. It gives the same hull heal as MW without the shield heal + adding a heal per shot when doing damage.

I'm loving Overwhelming Emitters too. Team shield heal and target shield damage as long as everyone is targeting the marked target. Does anyone know if it's cleared by TT or anything else?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did you happen to see this thread (player created) mentioning that the Samsar console is going to be part of a 4pc set? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1367151

http://i.imgur.com/K43eUPf.png is the image from the thread if folks don't want to bother with the thread.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Yep the command powers seem fine. Even good, they would have been a good combo for heal heavy type ships with lots of team buffs and a couple small DPS skills thrown in.

To late though... Intel has already destroyed PvP.

Had this spec been the first spec... perhaps our opinions would have been different. Intel was/is a badly thought out spec... that does almost nothing for PvE and destoryed what was left of PvP.

RIP STO PvP. It has no future in its current form... and Cryptic could care less about ever removing ti from the system to fix it.

Yup, and Borticus and the gang ignore the complaints about the intel abilites and leave things as-is. Between surgical strikes and override safeties, it's all about who can strike the strongest and first.
    Did you happen to see this thread (player created) mentioning that the Samsar console is going to be part of a 4pc set? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1367151

http://i.imgur.com/K43eUPf.png is the image from the thread if folks don't want to bother with the thread.

Lol, Tachyon Pulse Platform. If it's a shield drain, it's already considered garbage before it comes out unless is scales with flow caps (Which lately, they've been skipping like in the Nukara shield).