test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO = No Fun Scenario

darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
STO has lost it's appeal, for me anyway. And I know several other players who have completely stopped playing due to the frustrations of the bugs that just continue to go unfixed.

Change maps, all boffs removed from stations, click on the "Loadouts" tab and load your SAVED loadout and it makes it worse!! Why? Because not only did my boffs get removed from station without my doing so but also EVERY SINGLE SKILL HAS CHANGED TO SKILLS I WAS NOT USING!!! WTF????

Seriously, WTF????
Devs say "well we can't fix it because we can't duplicate the issue", whatever...get a freakin' clue....
have your devs actually play the game, you'll duplicate the bugs within a couple of hours or less!!
Rant off and soon STO off too!
Post edited by darpink on

Comments

• captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cant duplicate it ????? log on,change ships, change load outs,change maps, done. Spend more time sorting things out than playing now days.
    Started a STF advance other day, bloody hell they nerf the dps again cant kill anything, no just had A/P weapons & Plasma fleet tac cons, felt like a right prat.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    darpink wrote: »
    STO has lost it's appeal, for me anyway. And I know several other players who have completely stopped playing due to the frustrations of the bugs that just continue to go unfixed.

Change maps, all boffs removed from stations, click on the "Loadouts" tab and load your SAVED loadout and it makes it worse!! Why? Because not only did my boffs get removed from station without my doing so but also EVERY SINGLE SKILL HAS CHANGED TO SKILLS I WAS NOT USING!!! WTF????

Seriously, WTF????
    Devs say "well we can't fix it because we can't duplicate the issue", whatever...get a freakin' clue....
    have your devs actually play the game, you'll duplicate the bugs within a couple of hours or less!!
    Rant off and soon STO off too!

I understand where you're coming from, but I think a more radical solution is required. The devs need to remove loadouts altogether and keep them on the test servers until they can definitively fix the boff loadout removal issue. Stop making us suffer with your untested systems.

The devs did the same thing with exploration clusters and mirror universe because they thought they were inadequate and needed to be revamped so show some consistency and remove loadoats as well.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My BOff's very rarely get removed from their stations. I rotate through 5 characters a day (Often I'll admit just to refresh their DOff assignments, and it can go a few days before they wander off of the Bridge. ... Mind you, other days, all my BOff's on all my characters go on strike...
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    The devs need to remove loadouts altogether and keep them on the test servers until they can definitively fix the boff loadout removal issue. Stop making us suffer with your untested systems.
    That would make the game much more fun again.

This whole Loadout saving TRIBBLE started because I assume people wanted an easy way to switch loadouts......well, how'd that work out for ya?
    If I have to go to a ship yard in order to change my loadout and such then so be it, if it fixes this issue. I would much rather do that and spend 5 - 10 minutes making the changes over warping into battle with no boffs on station and using the wrong skills after being put back on station.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If they remove the loadout system the people who have PAID for extra loadouts (why? Dear god, why would you?) will cry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    If they remove the loadout system the people who have PAID for extra loadouts (why? Dear god, why would you?) will cry.
    Good point. But, this loadout system could be re-implemented once they iron out the bugs on the test server. That way noone loses anything permanently, only temporarily.
    edited January 2015

And I will cry tears of joy when I can finally warp into an stf and not have to worry about my boff abilities in my tray disappearing again.

As the other poster said, it would only be temporary.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited January 2015
    And I will cry tears of joy when I can finally warp into an stf and not have to worry about my boff abilities in my tray disappearing again.

I agree with you. It's now even more fun after this Boff Training revamp because not only do Boffs disappear from the loadout, but - if they are trained in more than one skill per rank slot - when you reload them they just slot any random ability.

It's so much fun! Yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2015

And how would you feel if something you paid for on the C-store and was working fine for you was temporarily removed because other players were having a problem with it?
    edited January 2015
    I agree with you. It's now even more fun after this Boff Training revamp because not only do Boffs disappear from the loadout, but - if they are trained in more than one skill per rank slot - when you reload them they just slot any random ability.

It's so much fun! Yay!

Isn't there a workaround for bringing back the skills they were originally trained in?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    And how would you feel if something you paid for on the C-store and was working fine for you was temporarily removed because other players were having a problem with it?

The fun part is it'll eventually hit them too. Releasing half baked solutions to problems, which in turn create more problems doesn't help. The great part is it would be temporary so basically as with everything where someone who's having it great vs someone who's not, sometimes to fix the problem the whole thing needs to be shutdown and restarted.

For instance don't criticise people who are having difficulty just because you aren't.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Isn't there a workaround for bringing back the skills they were originally trained in?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1359481
    edited January 2015
    rimmarie wrote: »
    I know how to fix my boff powers and put them back on station....

The problem is that I have to do it after warping into battle and sometimes just because I changed maps.....this issues was getting old months ago, it's now just making me want to stop playing. And some of the "Paying" players are having the same issues so, I'm happy for those of you that aren't, but it's not my fault that many of us are having this issue.
    edited January 2015
    We shouldn't need a work-around.

I buy a car. I take it home and it breaks down once a day.

Does the car dealership say:

A) We will fix it

or

B) Here's how to fix it yourself

Hmm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited January 2015
    add new batterys

change a boff in any way

train a boff but don't move him on the ship just add a new skill

move a weapon

upgrade anything

touch anything about your boffs and ship

.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BAM everything gets scrambled.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

do ground ..,.,change traits

do space change traits

change spec schools

Traits and loadouts spec schools are the main game now ,. Not the content we are trying to play
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited January 2015
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    The fun part is it'll eventually hit them too. Releasing half baked solutions to problems, which in turn create more problems doesn't help. The great part is it would be temporary so basically as with everything where someone who's having it great vs someone who's not, sometimes to fix the problem the whole thing needs to be shutdown and restarted.

For instance don't criticise people who are having difficulty just because you aren't.

The problem with it being temporary is that it could take a year to fix. After all, it took a year for us to get Secondary Deflectors on other science ships after they were first introduced. Therefore, players would not have access to something they purchased for a year. If something was in the repair shop for a year, then you wouldn't use that business again.
    edited January 2015
    The problem with it being temporary is that it could take a year to fix. After all, it took a year for us to get Secondary Deflectors on other science ships after they were first introduced. Therefore, players would not have access to something they purchased for a year. If something was in the repair shop for a year, then you wouldn't use that business again.

Airline companies do it all of the time and hand out vouchers to refund customers. Cryptic could do the same, problem solved. Remember, this isn't just some tiny problem effecting 1% of the player base; it's a problem effecting a majority of the player base that needs to be fixed before this game bleeds out more players. I'm especially concerned that this issue may drive away new players that get so frustrated with it that they rage quit and never come back again.

Also, this is a digital product and we technically have no right over property here. They can modify or remove anything they'd like to and the TOS says they can. The TOS arguement works both ways.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have a char without loadouts and the boffs gets removed also.

so I believe the real bugs are the maps transition problem

+ and all other bugs around

ya today STO = No Fun Scenario at all !!
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Easy to issue a credit
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loop

_{

___Map transistion from ground to space

___All boff power icons gone

___Go to stations tab

___No boffs slotted

___Go back to loadout sub-tab of ship status

___Click to load saved loadout

___Nothing happens

___Go back to stations tab

___Loop for all boffs in current setup

____{

_____Click to select boff into correct station

_____Most if not all boffs now do not have their 'desired/trainined' skills selected but have reverted to defaults

_____Select boff to start changing abilities to the ones I want

_____Select Ensign power and select desired power

_____Lieutenant power has now become something impossible (e.g. GW3 or CSV3) and LtC/Cmd slots are now blank and nothing can be re-selected

_____Do while selecting boff ensign skill messes up all higher level skills

______{

________Select boff station that is now messed up and select 'no boff' to clear station

________Reselect original boff

________Select Ensign power and select desired power

______}

_____Select Lt and higher level powers

____}

__Drag each and every power from the power window onto the power tray

__Go to loadout sub-tab on ship status screen

__Re-save loadout (totally pointless step but I feel like I should do this)

__Play the game/content I have queued for

_}

NOTE: this happens about 1 in 3 map transitions. The red section is caused by the new boff training system. All in all it takes between 5 and 10 minutes to complete this loop and I am a long serving player - I can't think what poor newer players are thinking....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, which begs the question why are we all still here...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
    edited January 2015
    Airline companies do it all of the time and hand out vouchers to refund customers. Cryptic could do the same, problem solved. Remember, this isn't just some tiny problem effecting 1% of the player base; it's a problem effecting a majority of the player base that needs to be fixed before this game bleeds out more players. I'm especially concerned that this issue may drive away new players that get so frustrated with it that they rage quit and never come back again.

Also, this is a digital product and we technically have no right over property here. They can modify or remove anything they'd like to and the TOS says they can. The TOS arguement works both ways.

So you think it is fine for airline companies to give vouchers? There is a reason why people are leaving at a particular time and getting a voucher doesn't compensate for the pain of missing out on a flight and whatever that entails. Just because you are fine with getting a credit for Cryptic removing the use of some C-store item doesn't mean everyone else is. If Cryptic removed some C-store item, then it would be bad PR and faulty loadouts doesn't even come close to the problems that this will cause.
    edited January 2015
    So you think it is fine for airline companies to give vouchers? There is a reason why people are leaving at a particular time and getting a voucher doesn't compensate for the pain of missing out on a flight and whatever that entails. Just because you are fine with getting a credit for Cryptic removing the use of some C-store item doesn't mean everyone else is. If Cryptic removed some C-store item, then it would be bad PR and faulty loadouts doesn't even come close to the problems that this will cause.

So 90% of the playerbase effected by this should continually suffer because 10% of the playerbase absolutely needs loudouts? How is that reasoning not flawed? The worst that could happen is a few players rage for a little while and then get refunds. On the other hand, the majority of us effected by it will be happy because we'll able to be able to play STo uninterrupted for longer. Oh, the horror!!!!!

Also, how is the current situation not bad PR? There is a thread about this posted in the discussion subforum almost everyday, sometimes multiple ones, since the day loadouts went in.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    Yeah, which begs the question why are we all still here...

Because gamers are shameless hypocrites.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited January 2015
    Because gamers are shameless hypocrites.

I posted some constructive criticism in this thread and didn't insult anybody. If you aren't mature enough to handle constructive criticism, I suggest you stop frequenting all mmo forums because they are chalk full of it.

You, on the other hand, have resorted to insults and I will be reporting you shortly. Nicely played.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you aren't mature enough to handle constructive criticism, I suggest you stop frequenting all mmo forums because they are chalk full of it.

This is the most hilarious, and untrue, thing I have ever read on a MMO forum in over a decade of reading MMO forums.
    edited January 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    This is the most hilarious, and untrue, thing I have ever read on a MMO forum in over a decade of reading MMO forums.

Yes, let's generalize like other players do on here and say all feedback is hate and vitriol. All of the
    DR feedback was ranting and there was nothing of substance to it. End Sarcasm.

Getting back on topic, what's your stance on the loudout situation? Should they be temporarily removed?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited January 2015
    I posted some constructive criticism in this thread and didn't insult anybody. If you aren't mature enough to handle constructive criticism, I suggest you stop frequenting all mmo forums because they are chalk full of it.

You, on the other hand, have resorted to insults and I will be reporting you shortly. Nicely played.

Not talking about you. It's a common thing that gamers will hate everything about the industry while simultaneously continue to support said industry financially behind closed doors. Did you know EA is currently the #1 game development in the world right now? DLC acquisition is trough the roof and their always online policies are flourishing, despite that for the past year Gamers have been actively and publicly condemning the practices. So why do the numbers say the contrary?

Because gamers are hypocrites. We will say we hate X but we will use X because it's either play the game or not and not playing the game is not a preferable option.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited January 2015
    Not talking about you. It's a common thing that gamers will hate everything about the industry while simultaneously continue to support said industry financially behind closed doors. Did you know EA is currently the #1 game development in the world right now? DLC acquisition is trough the roof and their always online policies are flourishing, despite that for the past year Gamers have been actively and publicly condemning the practices. So why do the numbers say the contrary?

Because gamers are hypocrites. We will say we hate X but we will use X because it's either play the game or not and not playing the game is not a preferable option.

True about EA. They release the same stuff over and over and people just gobble it up. I stopped supporting them shortly after BF3 was released because of my aversion to origin and how invasive it was.

TBH, the DLC's and prerelease Alpha nonsense is getting out of control. It feels like a new alpha stage $30 zombie game comes out every month now and Developers are even so brazen as to release DLC's on the same day as launch.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited January 2015
    True about EA. They release the same stuff over and over and people just gobble it up. I stopped supporting them shortly after BF3 was released because of my aversion to origin and how invasive it was.

Right. But you've probably bought an EA product since then. Why? Because despite the shady business practices....EA still makes some of the best games out there. I hated the Sim City always online thing and swore off buying another Sims title ever again. When they announced the Sims 4, I preordered. And it was the Collector's edition with the free additional art pieces. I own Mass Effect 3. With DLC. It's not even Game of the year edition, too.

Gamers gotta game. Even though we will hate ourselves doing the things we outright abhor, we will do them because it's in our very nature to. So we are shameless hypocrites. So what? Just means we are human. We like what we like and will do what we like. But it never hurts to open your mouth and let people know that this is some total bull.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
This discussion has been closed.