test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

surgical strikes give dmg bonus despite tooltip

therealhassanbtherealhassanb Member Posts: 51 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
the higher versions of surgical strikes get a dmg bonus on top to acc and crith which is not stated in the tooltip. please renew the tooltip or remove dmg bonus.
Post edited by therealhassanb on

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    That particular ability is so OP it's not even funny. One shot kills left and right. The guy who programmed it probably also forgot about Acc overflow. Doesn't surprise me that it might be bugged.

This in one ability that is in serious need of a hit with the nerf bat.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    the higher versions of surgical strikes get a dmg bonus on top to acc and crith which is not stated in the tooltip. please renew the tooltip or remove dmg bonus.

The damage bonus is to some extent compensated for by it's lower shot rate, something I think is mentioned at in the tooltip.

It's balance in PvP is, however, laughable, and there's various reasons for that.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It also benefits from some DOs that it probably should not. Cough. Cooldown reduction officers...
  • xarkavierxarkavier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh, and you're flying the Faeht, you can use SS while cloaked :rolleyes:

SS is a torp ability?
    More Romulan bias?
    Cheese?

All 3!
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    from my extent tests on these bonus dmg's my result on this matter: are working as intended.

those huge ones we tend to see are from weapons with crtDx4 procs under ap or other generally high severity (90-110) weapons _by default_. and those are aint cheap ones i can tell ya :P

that and the general buffs throwed in with crit builds to max this out i believe its works as it should.

how to defend against ss ?

-barrel roll ( ye open ur ears maybe?)
    -fbp ( 1 feed insta kill, happy life )
    -FaW & wepoffline repu trait
    -FaW with [over] mod arrays (GG!)
    -torpedo spread on stand by mode ( taptaptaptap boom when it decloaks for fire, no shilds up m8!)
    -l2 snoop, see it coming?
    -pick one of the many panic retreat consoles?
    -did i mentioned the barrel roll (oh yes, use it?)
    -high speed = bigger the distance, lower the dmg ( = use extra time to barrel rollllllllll !)
    -etcetc

and there are tons of other methoods to survive ss since many more capable dudes i seen just laughs on ss and fly onwards as nothing happened (ye rly.) an dwhat i wrote is just from a tac_pov...

maybe its time to change your 2+ years old aux2bat fawdemboat PvE "build" to.. something.

its rly nothing compared to what some sciboat are capable of, just think outside the box maybe IF you go pvp.

and maybe dont go mad when u enter a open (or preamde) PvP zone with your pve setup and expect you are self performing like 2y ago.

now ships are blowing up as they SHOULD.

\rant

p.s.: and ye, cloak_energy fire on SS is not intended and already confirmed, but thats all about it
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've actually observed a different bug with surgical strikes: it does not appear to proc plasma DOT from the embassy consoles.

Not a lower than expected proc; I'm talking it does not proc at all.

Repro:

1. Equip non-plasma weapon
    2. Equip embassy Sci console with [Pla] modifier
    3. Activate surgical strikes and parse damage
    4. Find 0 plasma damage inflicted to any target during Surgical Strikes duration (to make this easier, take no weapon swings unless Surgical Strikes is up.

I have not been able to test whether this applies to all other procs, including weapon type procs, but I suspect that it might.

Unless surgical strikes isn't supposed to trigger weapon procs, in which case it's WAI?
  • xarkavierxarkavier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iusasset wrote: »
    I've actually observed a different bug with surgical strikes: it does not appear to proc plasma DOT from the embassy consoles.

Not a lower than expected proc; I'm talking it does not proc at all.

Repro:

1. Equip non-plasma weapon
    2. Equip embassy Sci console with [Pla] modifier
    3. Activate surgical strikes and parse damage
    4. Find 0 plasma damage inflicted to any target during Surgical Strikes duration (to make this easier, take no weapon swings unless Surgical Strikes is up.

I have not been able to test whether this applies to all other procs, including weapon type procs, but I suspect that it might.

Unless surgical strikes isn't supposed to trigger weapon procs, in which case it's WAI?

The Voth AP proc works fine while SS is active.