test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Ground BZ - REX dieing too fast

daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
I come back after a break and seen that Dyson BZ was somewhat nerfed. Some changes ware made with the intention to limit the campers. I also know the new game "plan" includes the possibility to fail missions and stuff BUT your changes are not having the desired results against the campers, even more the encourage campers and somewhat limit the players options during BZ fighting. I will only mention the REX/Campers problem as the others are unpleasant but manageable.

The new problem is that REX are dieing way too quit in some cases. I don't know if this is "working as intended" or a consequence of players getting more powerful ground stuff due to upgrades, traits, kits and stuff. I used to do Dyson enough to know the Rex usually dieing time with the possible variation (campers, number of players capturing last zone near a rex spawn) and such. I used to usually manage to get all 3 tags with spare time even. After the first nerf i was getting 2, sometimes 3 with a very low situation when only could manage to get 1. Now after that break they seem to have fixed some of the aspects of the first nerf but now i seen 3-4 consecutive instances were i only manged 1 TAG. If u happen to be a little far from rex spawn point then u are sure to only get one. I am using a speed gear for this: Used to have kits with motion accelerator and psi aura ( using the captain ability to reduce cd at certain points ) and its was enough, then Frosted boots. THIS time i used kits power AND Frosted Boots but still only could get one more 30-40% of my runs.
This was sure noticed by other players and so i seen all players starting camping at ~85-90 of an instance, causing that instance to actually froze. No one was moving even if the 1-3 players that keep capturing ware asking for help. Some of the ares are not easy to capture solo or takes very much time, especially if u don't have a good ground build. I have seen a REX get killed in under 40s. Even more it was become a thing of luck as if u pick the bad 2nd tag u will reach too late to do enough damage to count. AFTER SPENDING LOTS OF TIME CAPTURING AREAS getting 1 tag (multiple consecutive times) its not nice at all. REX HP NEEDS TO GET UP AT LEAST 25-35 %.

I know some blame the anti-campers posters that pressed the devs to try and fix the problem and so blame the devs for doing this on purpose.
I think this is a result of multiple variables but i think IT DOES NOT GIVE THE PLAYERS A REASONABLE CHANCE OF GETTING AT LEAST 2 TAGS. . Or at least try to make the difference between players that captured zones and lower the damage required to count as a tag for them only.

Ty
Post edited by daciaeterna on

Comments

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If it makes you feel better (probably won't), the intent of the adjustment was to remove tagging altogether (short of a well-coordinated team). If you only tag a Rex once then run, you won't get credit for 'sufficient participation' and so you'll get nothing when it does die. You're supposed to pick one Rex, fight it down, then MAYBE get to a second one if someone has been merely holding the Medics off, but the old tag system is gone.

Welcome to Delta Rising: if its not part of the new content, rewards are nerfed into the ground.
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If it makes you feel better (probably won't), the intent of the adjustment was to remove tagging altogether (short of a well-coordinated team). If you only tag a Rex once then run, you won't get credit for 'sufficient participation' and so you'll get nothing when it does die. You're supposed to pick one Rex, fight it down, then MAYBE get to a second one if someone has been merely holding the Medics off, but the old tag system is gone.

Welcome to Delta Rising: if its not part of the new content, rewards are nerfed into the ground.

With all dil sinks in the game i was thinking they will nerf the Dyson bz just a little, if this is working as intended ....

Well coordinated team ? ... first i play during work breaks, 2nd only around 80% of my old friend list are still playing after DR ... i wanted to give the game another try but ... after all that work on my toons i need to find myself another space game it seems.If i need to do heavy grind at least i can pick a a newer game ...
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You're lucky even 80% of your friends list still come online. I'm down to less than 6 friends online at any given time (it's actually usually only 2 or 3 if I'm lucky).

And tbh, you still get at least 3500 dil from a successful BZ run (that's not including any missions from Cmdr Arnold, and that's also supposing you secured at least 4 points), and if all 3 rexes go down, you get 5 cybernetic thingumajigs, which you can then turn into another 1k dil, PLUS the at least 100 marks (another 1k dil), so you still get a good 5500 dil from a single BZ run.

And if you are in a somewhat active instance, it will usually get done in 45 minutes or less, so you can run two or three of them and be set for dil for a day or two.

But yeah, post DR, rewards have been rather massively nerfed. Welcome to money making gaming lol
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)