test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How come I can't get healed or repair my ship?

mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
Ship and personal injuries happen a lot in STFs, so I usually made it a point to be near ESD or DS9 to go to the Infirmary or Shipyard for repairs & heals. For some reason, neither the Doctor nor the Shipyard repair NPCs are doing anything. What thuh?? Is Cryptic trying to force us to spend money on components and regens?
Post edited by mhirtesc on

Comments

• Options
    velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Components and regenerators drop as loot, and they're cheap on the exchange if you don't happen to have any.

Why should you get healed for free by an NPC? If anything, you should be charged EC when you do that. :P
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    What thuh?? Is Cryptic trying to force us to spend money on components and regens?

Man, you just look for any reason you can to raise the alarm and blame Cryptic don't ya?

This is just like your post on the Secondary Deflector.. you totally miss something and then start a thread trying to rally everyone against the Devs because YOU don't understand what's going on.

If you have a bug, report it.. but the shipyard, infirmary and the components to self heal all work just fine. You just love to take anything you can find and go screaming that Cryptic is trying to exploit you.

Just.. stop it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They are secretly turning ship repairs into a doff assignment. :P
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well if you wait until after a mission (especially team mission) to get healed, it's probably karma kicking your butt for adding extra difficulty to a mission.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ship and personal injuries happen a lot in STFs, so I usually made it a point to be near ESD or DS9 to go to the Infirmary or Shipyard for repairs & heals. For some reason, neither the Doctor nor the Shipyard repair NPCs are doing anything. What thuh?? Is Cryptic trying to force us to spend money on components and regens?

The only time I've ever seen these NPCs not work was when I had absolutely zero EC.

That's the serious answer, assuming you were seriously asking this question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Man, you just look for any reason you can to raise the alarm and blame Cryptic don't ya?

This is just like your post on the Secondary Deflector.. you totally miss something and then start a thread trying to rally everyone against the Devs because YOU don't understand what's going on.

If you have a bug, report it.. but the shipyard, infirmary and the components to self heal all work just fine. You just love to take anything you can find and go screaming that Cryptic is trying to exploit you.

Just.. stop it.

Oh well excuse me there. I didn't know that I was giving you a sad on your forum here.

And for the record, they never respond or even acknowledge bug reports. ever.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    scififan78 wrote: »
    They are secretly turning ship repairs into a doff assignment. :P

But I heard it was going to be a new R&D School with plenty of Finish Now. ;)
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited January 2015

When they decide to do that, I'm blaming you. :P
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh well excuse me there. I didn't know that I was giving you a sad on your forum here.

Not true. They responded to ALL my bug reports in the Tribble section. Maybe instead of posting bugs in General Discussion you should try out the subforum that is titled Gameplay Bug Reports? This might help...
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited January 2015

No no, you have to use the RnD to create the items needed to run the repair ship doff assignment. :eek:
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    scififan78 wrote: »
    No no, you have to use the RnD to create the items needed to run the repair ship doff assignment. :eek:

I can see it now. Broken ships, broken ships everywhere.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2015

But I'm sure they'll jump right on it if you just rant and try to rile up the forums with half backed conspiracy right?

Great plan.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015

You expect them to? Did you by chance take notice of your last bug-report ticket number?

The last one I submitted, was around Season 2 ish... had a number that was around 3 mil...

Even if they had a staff of 1000, assigned JUST to reply to tickets, they'd be working 24/7 for the next 100 years, and still not be done with the most recent ones.

Use a little logic.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you totally miss something and then start a thread trying to rally everyone against the Devs because YOU don't understand what's going on.

A thousand times this.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well if you wait until after a mission (especially team mission) to get healed, it's probably karma kicking your butt for adding extra difficulty to a mission.
    I've occasionally seen a bug where I'd get injured and unable to heal(through any means) until I exited STO completely and reloaded.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I've occasionally seen a bug where I'd get injured and unable to heal(through any means) until I exited STO completely and reloaded.

I tried that and even relogged using Force Verify, which still didn't fix the glitch. Only way I managed to find a heal was when I had stumbled upon trying to heal each injury one at a time instead of "Heal All". Don't know if the same workaround will be as successful on ship repairs, though.

But still, my claim that trying to use the d or First Aid Officer to heal or Repair is bugged remains valid.

Typical Cryptic. They fix one string of code and break another one in it's place.