test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Want a secondery deflector on your science ship? HAHAHAHAHA! NOPE!

mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
Q: Will my existing science ship automatically receive a Secondary Deflector?
A: No. However, any newly claimed Science ships will receive a Secondary Deflector. Alternatively, you can purchase a common Secondary Deflector from any energy credit starship equipment vendor.

All my FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Post edited by mhirtesc on

Comments

• Options
    locutusx5locutusx5 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    erm its says just buy one with energy creds or claim one from another newly sci mate. all sci ships with sa n sst will get a secondary deflector slot auto so whats your problem?
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    edited, i'm a moron.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I understood that to mean that applicable ships would receive a secondary deflector slot, but no free deflector to equip in it.

EDIT: Ninja'd. I blame the 2 minute cooldown on posts.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    @OP and
    so fleet/lockbox ship owners screwed. you can reclaim zen-store ships though.

As usual, you're overreacting...

Your ship will get the slot... it just won't have a secondary deflector mounted after the update.

/sigh

Read the text, instead of this misguided paranoia.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I believe that you misunderstood this somewhat. All this means is that you wont get a free, probably white and Mk X, secondary deflector on a ship you already have. You will however have the secondary deflector slot to put one in.

So your title is wrong, all science ships that have both subsystem targeting and sensor analysis together WILL be able to equip a secondary deflector, just as it says in the blog.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Misguided? NO! I NEED TO COMPLAAAIN! :P

I won't get a free deflector? As I recall, when we got warp cores, we got common ones already slotted into our ships! My overpowered sense of entitlement DEMANDS that we receive FREE secondary deflectors as well! :mad:
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Edited.

My snark is unneccesary here.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And this is the usual problem here. Making a fuzz about something because someone didnt care to read properly.

And then bashing against Cryptic and hoping to get some people, especially newer players, to join just to spill more oil into the fire.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Misguided? NO! I NEED TO COMPLAAAIN! :P

I won't get a free deflector? As I recall, when we got warp cores, we got common ones already slotted into our ships! My overpowered sense of entitlement DEMANDS that we receive FREE secondary deflectors as well! :mad:

Extremely overpowered...

Unlike the Warpcores, The secondary deflectors already exists in game, and to begin to force an item into that type of slot could, and probably will, destroy some if not all the existing ones...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm fairly critical of many changes brought with DR, but I have to say, relax.

Same thing happened they gave the Scryer a secondary deflector slot. Just dismiss and grab a new one. But why would you want that common not even vendor trash worthy junk? They'll be available in game as random drops and I believe they're craftable as well. In a couple weeks you'll have the secondary deflector of your dreams.

Now the real thing you should be worried about are the things that are being added which may make the loadout bug return in fun, unintended ways.

There, I'm half of a white knight. Can I have a cookie and forum privileges back?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So much misplaced rage in these forums. Ready, FIRE! . . . uh, aim.

You get the deflector SLOT automatically, but it is empty.

You can buy a basic deflector from a ship gear vendor for ** 0 CREDITS ** . There are different types for drain vs. gravity well vs. heals.

If you want a better one, secondary deflectors will be craftable, it's on tribble now. So they'll be in the exchange too if you don't craft.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This thread reminds me of the song, Paranoid Android.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Edited.

My snark is unneccesary here.

Snark is never unnecessary. Snark powers the forum. Without snark the forum servers would grind to a halt and the doomsayers would all think they had been right all along! Of course, with no forum to brag in, no one would ever know.

Please, do your part to prevent this horrible fate. Ensure that doomsayers always have a place to rant. Post your snark everywhere.

Thank you

*steps off soapbox, takes soap and heads off to the shower*
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The powercreep in favor of the Feds is so off the charts, no wonder this gaem is ded.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The powercreep in favor of the Feds is so off the charts, no wonder this gaem is ded.

What I read:

I need something to complain about, so pay close attention to me...
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Blimey, that mk X white deflector is bound to cost me somewhere between jack and stab EC.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dude you can craft them. I've been stocking up on mat's for that. What's the big deal. I'm running a common mark IX EC Inhibitor on Tribble. It works pretty good.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Snark is never unnecessary. Snark powers the forum. Without snark the forum servers would grind to a halt and the doomsayers would all think they had been right all along! Of course, with no forum to brag in, no one would ever know.

Please, do your part to prevent this horrible fate. Ensure that doomsayers always have a place to rant. Post your snark everywhere.

Thank you

*steps off soapbox, takes soap and heads off to the shower*

I'll do my part.
    When I can.

In this case, I just see it as yet another case of the OP posting a DOOMey , Exagerrated, pile of misinformation, full of UPPERCASE letters and an obligatory hidden case of the naughty banned words.

Pretty much, exactly the same sort of post I have come to learn to ignore from the OP and others.

And besides, you guys all have done a fine job of disproving this particular load of fear, and inciting malarky without any Snark from me.
    Great job, everyone.

I'm gonna go eat some waffles.

- Hippie
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    malarky...

Interesting word... what does it mean?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A player can still only fly one ship at a time.
    If a Federation team decides to field 5 science vessels, so still can a KDF team, since the KDF has has science vessels (even if fewer, there is no restriction that you can not field multiple ships of the same type). And every faction has (costly) access to lobi or lockbox science vessels.

Claiming this is a faction-specific buff is bullsh*t.

Of course, I could just have quoted anazonda, but I felt like giving attention.

But I want a KDF specific addition - I want a Tier 6 Bird of Prey. But that got nothing to do with secondary deflectors.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    A player can still only fly one ship at a time.
    If a Federation team decides to field 5 science vessels, so still can a KDF team, since the KDF has has science vessels (even if fewer, there is no restriction that you can not field multiple ships of the same type). And every faction has (costly) access to lobi or lockbox science vessels.

Claiming this is a faction-specific buff is bullsh*t.

Of course, I could just have quoted anazonda, but I felt like giving attention.

But I want a KDF specific addition - I want a Tier 6 Bird of Prey. But that got nothing to do with secondary deflectors.

Never quote me... You will just come off as silly.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    malarky...

Interesting word... what does it mean?

Mispelled it slightly.
    Should be Malarkey

Basically means foolish talk.

- Hippie
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    Never quote me... You will just come off as silly.

1+1 = 3

Mustrum "Dang, it's true" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i knew upgrading my dyson secondary deflector wasn't a waste of time. gg.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Snarky Malarkey...would be an interesting fleet name, imho.
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2015

not like SRO is OP as hell and feds/kdf can use max two of them where roms can use 5. oh wait...

actually i'm not even sure you're serious or just trollin' in the deep.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    not like SRO is OP as hell and feds/kdf can use max two of them where roms can use 5. oh wait...

actually i'm not even sure you're serious or just trollin' in the deep.

drkfrontiers is KDF. Go count the number of KDF Sci Vessels and the number of Fed Sci Vessels....who got the bigger boost sort of thing.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    drkfrontiers is KDF. Go count the number of KDF Sci Vessels and the number of Fed Sci Vessels....who got the bigger boost sort of thing.
    I can still play only one Federation Science Vessel at a time. Doesn't matter how many I could theoretically (or practically) own.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you have the Anniversary Dyson or the Lobi Store one - go to the Reclaim tab and get your hearts content of those Secondaries. If you only have the C-Store Dyson you can Reclaim a Deteriorating one. The T6 Science Ships (Fed) also came with a Deteriorating.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I can still play only one Federation Science Vessel at a time. Doesn't matter how many I could theoretically (or practically) own.

But there are a plethora of options as to what you can play so you have a variety of different playstyles available to you.

Fed Sci Boats

Scryer
    Dauntless
    Pathfinder
    Nova
    Olympic
    Nebula
    Intrepid
    Nimbus
    Luna
    Aventine
    Rademaker