test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A couple of quick questions about the Subterfuge trait

furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Academy
Saw people discussing the Subterfuge trait for Romulan/Reman boffs in the dps channel the other day, and someone mentioned that it does not stack if you have it on multiple boffs. Sure enough, the tooltip says that only the highest version of the trait will be counted, but this part of the tooltip was in parentheses next to the stealth bonus. Does this also mean the defense and damage after cloak bonus does not stack with multiple boffs running the Subterfuge trait as well?

Also, if this also does not stack, is it still worth trying to get at least one Boff with the superior version of the Subterfuge trait, or is it better to just focus on getting Boffs with better ranks of Romulan Operative?
"There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
Post edited by furiontassadar on

Comments

• Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Saw people discussing the Subterfuge trait for Romulan/Reman boffs in the dps channel the other day, and someone mentioned that it does not stack if you have it on multiple boffs. Sure enough, the tooltip says that only the highest version of the trait will be counted, but this part of the tooltip was in parentheses next to the stealth bonus. Does this also mean the defense and damage after cloak bonus does not stack with multiple boffs running the Subterfuge trait as well?

Also, if this also does not stack, is it still worth trying to get at least one Boff with the superior version of the Subterfuge trait, or is it better to just focus on getting Boffs with better ranks of Romulan Operative?

From what I can tell the passive defense bonus stacks but not the attack after cloak which gets the highest value from the group you have. I only have available to me the embassy Boffs so i dont know how it differs on the normal ones Romulans have access to.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    if you want to strike from stealth, and are a romulan you might want one copy of a reman officer with their special space trait. But this is a rare thing and expensive to buy --- I have had maybe 5 of them total over the last year, and I have a bunch of rom toons. SRO is probably better. I have an old rule of thumb and it has only very, very rarely not worked --- simply put, "its better to have something that helps all the time than something that helps a tiny bit of the time".

That is, SRO affects every single shot you fire from your ship.
    Stealth bonus affects a very small # of shots per fight.

Therefore, SRO > stealth bonus.

But if you can get both.... go for it.
  • Options
    superphatshitsuperphatshit Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Subterfuge trait defence stacks up, so its very good for takeing damage. But Romulan Operative is the one for damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For Rom Republic Traits, this is the dealio:

Romulan Operative: EVERYTHING STACKS. The best, most valuable trait in the game with Superior Romulan Operative being the best of the best. KDF and Feds can access SRO from the Romulan Embassy BOFFs, but only with TAC versions. Rom Republic can have an entire active BOFF crew with SRO. There's many things OP with the Roms, but SRO with a full active BOFF crew is one of those things that make them OP.

Subterfuge: The Defense Stacks but it takes the best modifier for Decloaking Dmg Bonus (that part doesn't stack).

Infiltrator: Defense Stacks. But the Decloak Dmg Bonus Timer increase kind of sort of does.
    * The same Infiltrator quality traits do NOT stack to increase that timer.
    * Different Infiltrator quality traits DO stack to increase the timer.

First example, my Reman SCI could slot the Infiltrator trait and have 1 BOFF with Superior Infiltrator. They stack, so the Decloak Dmg Bonus timer goes to a ****ing 23 seconds. That's a damn Attack Pattern.

Second example, my Romulan TAC puts on 2 BOFFs with Superior Infiltrator. The ambush timer doesn't shoot high like I hoped it would and the timer is increased as if I had only that 1 Superior Infiltrator BOFF active.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the advice all.

From the sounds of it, it might be worthwhile to at least get one Boff with Superior Subterfuge so I can get the max decloak damage bonus, and getting Subterfuge on any other Boffs would be a nice defense bonus, but it's not strictly necessary. At least not from a dps standpoint.

And yeah, Infiltrator does not sound like it's worth losing Romulan Operative for.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"