test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VOTH Ward Repair Pilot

grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
Has anyone ever thought about what goes through the mind of the Voth Ward Repair Ship Pilot before he gets swatted down every time the Voth make a assault. After doing a Voth STF last night I felt so sorry for these guys. They probably think well one way trip to hell. Any thoughts from my fellow players.
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
Post edited by grendelthewise#0990 on

Comments

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I played Planetside 2 yesterday, and the platoon leader made us do suicide repair run on generators.
    I totally felt like a Voth repair ship pilot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Makes more sense if they are automated or some mammal slave pilots it. Captured Gorn and Saurians appear to be safe from this, but any other captured officers of the Alliance could be inflicted with this job.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    monodoso wrote: »
    Has anyone ever thought about what goes through the mind of the Voth Ward Repair Ship Pilot

Probably the control panel.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Has anyone ever thought about what goes through the mind of the Voth Ward Repair Ship Pilot before he gets swatted down every time the Voth make a assault. After doing a Voth STF last night I felt so sorry for these guys. They probably think well one way trip to hell. Any thoughts from my fellow players.

"Why did I have to put off the shields and weapons until tuesday."
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "What? Are you serious?"
    Yes.
    "I'll get my freedom, and all I have to do is to repair that Bastion over there?"
    That's correct, Lieutenant. You can return back to your people, but only if you repair the ship.
    "Sounds like a deal. How hard can it be?"
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • brantregarebrantregare Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "f.." Boom!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, as Star said... probably the main thing that goes through their mind is a shard of the helm TSSA panel surface, usually.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've always assumed they were automated. We repair other ships by just shining blue twinkly rays at them. Doesn't seem like one would need a very sophisticated AI to pull that off.
    boldly-watched.png
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Has anyone ever thought about what goes through the mind of the Voth Ward Repair Ship Pilot

"Jeffy needs a hug....."
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That pilot has the "Ace Rimmer" music playing in the background and his last words over the comm were, "smoke me a kipper, ill be back for breakfast".
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is going to leave a mark....
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Every voth repair ship pilot is actually a defector. How else do you think the federation and KDF get sufficient voth doffs/boffs.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Crews aboard Ward-Type Repair Vessels are either:

1. Highly trained and highly motivated individuals, not your typical wrench monkeys or keyboard gnomes. Probably selected for their loyalty and excellent past performance under fire.

or....

2. They are operated by penal units. If you luck up and survive your stint, then you have served out your "sentence". Your crimes can range from banging the Inquisitor's daughter to heresy against Doctrine.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Any one that survives, is immediately sent out again because he must be really good at what he does.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif