test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WOW: FORUM MODS on FIRE?

crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,792 Arc User
Why...why...why..

Dude chill out with the closing down of dissenting threads...NOT COOL

If this is getting to you...please take a a break or RETIRE...

One cannot silence the MAJORITY...for real.

This will be escalated in a civil way to upper chains....NOT COOL:o
DUwNP.gif

Post edited by crusader2007 on

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Discussing moderation is against the rules dog.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes please in the future take all discussion of forum moderation to the Doooom thread.

Because All the players love it!
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I know, all these threads breaking the rules and they go lock them!?

What a crazy place.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    westx211 wrote: »

WOWOWOW...I like being a dog...you %%$# (fill in the blanks with ur taste of words)

Merry Xmas
    DUwNP.gif

• preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm going to set aside my usual persona here for a moment.

You can moderate threads for inappropriate content and violations of the Terms of Service. That's good- that's the job you volunteered to do. I cannot dispute that.

You can also chime in with your opinions on various topics, engage in arguments, what have you. This is also good. A robust discussion of issues is how we achieve progress.

You should not chime in with your opinions on issues, and then start heavily moderating posts that disagree with you or attempt to engage you in debate about the issues. This achieves nothing but to make you look petty. We get it, you have opinions on things. Using your mod powers to shut down all discussion of them doesn't make your opinions right, it merely makes them the only ones people get to read about.
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Does a barrel role! :rolleyes:
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This must be the beginning of the great forum apocalypse.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WOWOWOW...I like being a dog...you %%$# (fill in the blanks with ur taste of words)

Merry Xmas

Be a lot Merrier if you'd let it go.

<chuckle>

Sorry I just love that song.

Anyway, this is a battle that you can't win... it's THEIR PLACE and THEY control the DOORs.

Besides, there's so many other subtle ways to be a non-conformist.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    This must be the beginning of the great forum apocalypse.

They all seem to come eventually, and it's usually over the same things each and every time in the life of a game..

Censorship and repression.
  • varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    westx211 wrote: »

This is true.
    Which is also why it's funny in a sad way.

See, the sig threads were closed with no explanation. The mods are unable to tell us what rules were broken. Someone parsed the forum rules and found nothing that the sig threads violated. When he asked a mod to clarify what rule was broken, the thread was closed with a rather childish answer.
    So, this is the problem. Threads are closed with no clear violations and no reason is ever given. Then, to top it off, we get shot down when we ask what rule was broken.
    :rolleyes:
  • firefox3178firefox3178 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    varekraith wrote: »
    This is true.
    Which is also why it's funny in a sad way.

See, the sig threads were closed with no explanation. The mods are unable to tell us what rules were broken. Someone parsed the forum rules and found nothing that the sig threads violated. When he asked a mod to clarify what rule was broken, the thread was closed with a rather childish answer.
    So, this is the problem. Threads are closed with no clear violations and no reason is ever given. Then, to top it off, we get shot down when we ask what rule was broken.
    :rolleyes:

Kinda makes one wonder who moderates the moderators :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic: If you think the bugs are bad, wait until you see our fixes!
  • josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Have the signs for the Forumgeddon finally come to pass? Have the Four Riders of the Forumpocalypse been let loose? Are there any other 'doom' type names we can come up with for this?
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    josan369 wrote: »
    Have the signs for the Forumgeddon finally come to pass? Have the Four Riders of the Forumpocalypse been let loose? Are there any other 'doom' type names we can come up with for this?

Crypticnado

'nuff said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ever heard the expression "give them an inch and they will take a mile"?

the moderation here is very lax but people are kinda taking advantage at times the rules are simple and the same on all forums. If you have an issue with moderation pm the mod or the mods "boss".

you want to go to war with "the man". You wont win its their house and their rules. Sometimes the best thing to do is just you know walk away and know the difference between a winnable war and an unwinnable one.
  • cervantxcervantx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ummax wrote: »
    ever heard the expression "give them an inch and they will take a mile"?

the moderation here is very lax but people are kinda taking advantage at times the rules are simple and the same on all forums. If you have an issue with moderation pm the mod or the mods "boss".

you want to go to war with "the man". You wont win its their house and their rules. Sometimes the best thing to do is just you know walk away and know the difference between a winnable war and an unwinnable one.

Maybe the point is that comanny should not make their customers feel as you said at "war" with them
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/7dY4yCA.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    GG Cryptic.

dnirg eht nioj
  • varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Mods are not required to justify themselves to players, only Cryptic/PWE, and discussing moderation has always been a violation.

If you don't clearly tell people what rule caused a thread to be closed...

Well, you don't see why this is an issue?
    edited December 2014
    Mods are not required to justify themselves to players, only Cryptic/PWE, and discussing moderation has always been a violation.

Not required, no. However it is VERY poor management not to at least provide an explanation as to which rule, specifically, was violated and how.

If you exact punishment with no explanation, the offence will continue to occur. It's common sense.

Ironically the LEAST common of all senses...

I still say a rule is a rule and must be enforced equally. Therfore I say CLOSE the DOOOOOM thread for its multiple and continued violations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    varekraith wrote: »
    If you don't clearly tell people what rule caused a thread to be closed...

Well, you don't see why this is an issue?

Well... considering the threats of bannings to silence people calling for equality in rule enforcement has just been leveled, I would say war has begun!
    edited December 2014
    Well... considering the threats of bannings to silence people calling for equality in rule enforcement has just been leveled, I would say war has begun!

.... when did this occur? Can you provide a link to the quote?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    Not required, no. However it is VERY poor management not to at least provide an explanation as to which rule, specifically, was violated and how.

If you exact punishment with no explanation, the offence will continue to occur. It's common sense.

Ironically the LEAST common of all senses...

If I might expand on that, I think it is fair to pm a mod and challenge a decision in that pm if you feel it isn't justified, at least that way you might get a more straightforward answer for why the ruling was passed in the first place if nothing else.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Closing this thread.

I know seeing some threads go is frustrating and can be disappointing, but creating threads directing that anger/frustration at moderators for doing what is essentially their job is unnecessary.

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.