test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill Point reward for queues?

iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
In the now closed PvE Queue Survey thread, someone pointed out something in the Tribble patch notes from September 30th.
Level 50+ Queued Events:
All queues will reward Skill Points, Dilithium, and Crafting materials based on their difficulty level.
8,000 – 16,000 Skill Points based on average time in queue.

Why was this never pushed to Holodeck? If we got a Skill Point reward for finishing a queue mission, it would go a LONG way towards alleviating the 50-60 leveling problems.

If we got 8k Skill Points for successfully finishing a Normal queue, 12k for a successful Advanced and 16k for a successful Elite, I bet that not only would people be complaining less about the leveling speed, but they just might start playing the queue missions again. Shoot, half those amounts would be good enough for me. Folks playing Argala nonstop might even leave and return to the queues.

It's probably asking too much but it seems like this may have been the plan at one point. Why not implement it now and make the players happy?
Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tankfox23tankfox23 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Though that would be quite nice to add. If they rework or remove the fail conditions the queues would be populated again.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They rather you do argala as it pays no crafting materials nor dilithium.

Addition of spec point exp to queues and or removal of failqueues is a last resort - we're about to close sort of thing.

I estimated this panic previously to occur in late January. I realize now I was mistaken as there will be a tier 6 anniversary ship to push it back until late february.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So no one has an answer to the OPs question? Because it seems like it got swept under the rug.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 243 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    I'd made a thread about this in General Discussion after the Skill Point Inflation.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1303931

After that inflation, that means we should be getting 24-48k Skill Points per Queue. Imagine the massive influx of players this would cause back into the queues. Instead we see that Argala and other patrols have 2-3x the amount of players participating in them.

I'd posted that thread about a month ago. A few responded, but no Devs commented on it.
    ffluoti63bi9.png