test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bio-Neural Gel Pack

bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
Hello

I have a question, is the Bio-Neural Gel Pack working or is the 7% Bridge Officer cooldown reduction so small that it is not noticeable.

Thanks
Bridger.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ir0ncladbravoir0ncladbravo Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    Hello

I have a question, is the Bio-Neural Gel Pack working or is the 7% Bridge Officer cooldown reduction so small that it is not noticeable.

Thanks

I dont notice its cooldown I only really use it for the shield system boost
    Everytime I see complaints about the same thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Most BOff abilities have 15/30/45/60/90/120 seconds cooldown, basically that console takes 1/2/3/4/6/8 seconds from the cooldown, it's up to you to decide if it's worth it.

Personally I don't find the cooldown reduction very useful unless combined with DOffs, but the cooldown reduction is not the only stat that console gives.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, 7% is only going to shave off maybe 1-2secs. so, what did you expect?

By itself it doesn't have a huge effect but, combined with doffs and, other means it can have a good enough effect!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you have no other console worth using in an empty slot, go for it.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I only use it for the shield HP boost, the cooldown reduction is a nice bonus but not really anything special.
    When you've got the A2B or the Reciprocity trait on your ship you don't need any more cooldown reductions.
    SulMatuul.png
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have not done the math, but this console plus:
    Xindi BOff "Impatient" trait, plus:
    Photonic Sci Boff "Photonic Officer" trait, plus:
    Breen Set has a BOff cooldown reduction, IIRC, plus:
    As mentioned already, a number of DOffs offer cooldowns.

Like I said, I have not done any math on this, and am not sure at what point one might hit some limit on how short he cooldowns can be, but it could be part of a very nice build if I'm right.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • tasilatasila Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bio-Neural Gel Pack is maybe an Intresting Console for Photonic Officer I 24% Cooldown Reduction on evrithing + 7% or Photonic Officer II 32% + 7% + Photonic Cooldown Reduction Doff Officer will have a 2 Min Cooldown and have 1 Min uptime i think u should test it in some day.

And dont Forget Delta Rising is the Best Expansion ever and the players love it....!
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    I have not done the math, but this console plus:
    Xindi BOff "Impatient" trait, plus:
    Photonic Sci Boff "Photonic Officer" trait, plus:
    Breen Set has a BOff cooldown reduction, IIRC, plus:
    As mentioned already, a number of DOffs offer cooldowns.

Like I said, I have not done any math on this, and am not sure at what point one might hit some limit on how short he cooldowns can be, but it could be part of a very nice build if I'm right.

That sounds like quite the investment for Boff cool down reduction, I'd try to build around a ship that could slot A2B instead; however, I'd love to see what kind of reduction the above setup could produce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    errab wrote: »
    That sounds like quite the investment for Boff cool down reduction, I'd try to build around a ship that could slot A2B instead; however, I'd love to see what kind of reduction the above setup could produce.

Well, I happen to have the Xindi and the Pho-Sci BOffs, and a Mk XIV Gel Pack. I've only got the Breen Raider so far, but am working on the other two. Have to admit I have neglected my DOff Roster on the Space side, so I have no idea who I have to slot, but next time I'm not racing around QWW, I might have to put some stuff together and see how it goes...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It isn't worth it. I was rather sore about the pathetic bonus it gave. I'm using it to cool down the neutronic torp faster (part of the 2pc bonus) but other than that, it sucks terribly.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The bonus is not really big. But if you are not using a2b, every bits help, I suppose, and it takes a console slot, not a precious doff slot.
    And if you are using a2b, then all your CD are already at the lowest possible (global CD), and the gel pack will not provide any help about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am trying it out on my hazari . . . Single A2B, Xindi boff, and gel gets cd reduced 42% I think. Although, the xindi boff only reduces Tac powers.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The bio-neural gel pack can be useful but its best used, as others have pointed out, in combination with other things. If you're not trying for a neutronic torpedo build (ie. using the console for the 2-set bonus) or trying to shave off as much from boff cooldowns as possible (via many different methods, not just one console), there's probably something else out there (ex. borg console, embassy/mine consoles, level 15 crafting consoles) that would work better for the type of ship you are trying to build.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • bloodtak3rbloodtak3r Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You could always use a atb build and take 1 technician out. Yes you would loose 3% reduction but you could gain extra power from doffs.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    exactly; this is what i have done; i loose only a little bit of % reduction, but i have won a doff slot. finally the a2b build still works fine
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i loved it don't under estimate this console. when i was playing, haven't in 3weeks just sick of the new garbage.

but a2b isn't that great a setup it really good to get a little more life out of a crappy ship. but anyways i got my cool downs down of the boffs i used down to their 5 sec min timer between traits, spec abilities ( maxed except ground ), boff, doff and that console. loved it so much i even pulled the plasma leech console out in favor of it.

so like most things in this once great game its really dependent on your items, your abilities and what you just like in general.

still as messed up as things have gotten i dont know of a single i win button even the A2B, vape & FAW crowds have to invest time into the game to make their monsters work.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the answers.
    Bridger.png
    edited December 2014
    So, I had a brief chance to try this out last night. I pulled the Nebula Cryptic gave away a while back out of mothballs (it was my only ship besides the Dyson Destroyer that had a Cmdr Sci seat to use Photonic Officer III) and loaded it up with gear: Photonic Sci BOff, Xindi BOff, Bioneural Gel Pack.

Unfortunately, I did not take very good notes. I can say the cooldowns, with all 3 slotted, were about 1/3 lower than usual.

When I get the chance, I'll take notes on cooldowns with the different combinations of the three. I'm not going to be able to test with the console from the Sarr Thren for another 6 days of gameplay, which means it'll likely be next year before I can test that. Next year, as in 2 weeks from now. LOL
  • pewpewphazorspewpewphazors Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    meh I use it for the 3-set bonus Isokinetic Cannon.

That thing packs a punch with high partgens and particle manipulator :D
    edited January 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    So, I had a brief chance to try this out last night. I pulled the Nebula Cryptic gave away a while back out of mothballs (it was my only ship besides the Dyson Destroyer that had a Cmdr Sci seat to use Photonic Officer III) and loaded it up with gear: Photonic Sci BOff, Xindi BOff, Bioneural Gel Pack.

Unfortunately, I did not take very good notes. I can say the cooldowns, with all 3 slotted, were about 1/3 lower than usual.

When I get the chance, I'll take notes on cooldowns with the different combinations of the three. I'm not going to be able to test with the console from the Sarr Thren for another 6 days of gameplay, which means it'll likely be next year before I can test that. Next year, as in 2 weeks from now. LOL

I've got my ship, now I need the time to set everything up and test it out. This week has been pretty crazy, I'm looking forward to being able to "escape" into the game, hopefully sooner than later...