test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unlocking Emotes

darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 340 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Academy
Does anyone know how to unlock ALL of the locked Emotes? I have searched for the answer but no luck. I would have thought that there would be a list posted somewhere that tells you which missions unlock which emotes, if so I can't find it.
Any helpful info is appreciated.
Post edited by darpink on

Comments

• ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    darpink wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to unlock ALL of the locked Emotes? I have searched for the answer but no luck. I would have thought that there would be a list posted somewhere that tells you which missions unlock which emotes, if so I can't find it.
    Any helpful info is appreciated.

The only one I'm still aware of being unlockable for sure is the fan dance emote - by completing the dance competition in the bar on Nimbus III. There's a new dance that was available when Club 47 opened, I think it may still be available for Latinum.

The others (air guitar, etc) were discontinued loong before my time around here. It's a shame, really - textbook example of a microtransaction.
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The only one I'm still aware of being unlockable for sure is the fan dance emote - by completing the dance competition in the bar on Nimbus III. There's a new dance that was available when Club 47 opened, I think it may still be available for Latinum.

The others (air guitar, etc) were discontinued loong before my time around here. It's a shame, really - textbook example of a microtransaction.
    Thanks for the info!
    I knew some had been discontinued, but there are new ones that have just recently shown up on my list but are locked.
    I have unlocked the new one from the Club 47 Re-opening, "Shuffle", but can find no info as to how you go about unlocking the others.
    Vulcan Meditation is new but is unlocked for me.

Are these new or have I just been overlooking them for the past 3 years?

Shoo
    Shake
    Frustrated

Thanks again!
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    darpink wrote: »
    Are these new or have I just been overlooking them for the past 3 years?

Shoo
    Shake
    Frustrated

Thanks again!

Those were available in the Cryptic Store.

Here are the ones I know about:
    • Vulcan Meditation - Mindscape.
    • Samba Dance - Talk to the Dance Instructor during the Lohlunat Festival event.
    • Samba Dance Advanced - Participate in the Dance Party during the Lohlunat Festival event.
    • Fan Dance - Complete Nimbus Dance Competition four times.
    • It's A Fake - Tradecraft. This appears to be only available for Romulans; however, I thought I read somewhere that Feds and KDF can get it from Installation 18.
    • Shuffle Dance - from the Club 47 event, or from the GPL Store
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    Those were available in the Cryptic Store.

Here are the ones I know about:
    [*]It's A Fake - Tradecraft. This appears to be only available for Romulans; however, I thought I read somewhere that Feds and KDF can get it from Installation 18.
    [/LIST]
    Thank you sir! Did not know about "It's a fake"!

Anyone know any others? Can we get a petition to bring back Air Guitar? I'd give Zen for a box of Emotes/Unlocks.....a reasonable amount of Zen that is, say 100 Zen unlocks all Emotes would be fair imo.