test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Thanks to All the Jumpers and Rollers...

ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
I have won countless Fast and Flurrious races because of people's incessant need to constantly jump or roll. Please continue to do so as it slows or stops your momentum. Because win. :)
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

Post edited by ravin on

Comments

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't even know what you get for doing one, never played them

Not to take anything away from your awesomeness, I am sure the whole server bows and kneels in respect everytime you log on
  • opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vestereng wrote: »

Not to take anything away from your awesomeness, I am sure the whole server bows and kneels in respect everytime you log on

Oh, that was a bad move vestereng, now he's going to troll you. :P

By all means, feed him the bile that he needs to survive, but you may not like the result...
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014

An Accolade and Winter tags for the Winter Epohhs which can be traded for Marks.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ravin wrote: »
    I have won countless Fast and Flurrious races because of people's incessant need to constantly jump or roll. Please continue to do so as it slows or stops your momentum. Because win. :)

They are crappy jumpers then, cause if done right, it's the fastest way down the track.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Apparently the sarcasm went right over your head.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    Oh, that was a bad move vestereng, now he's going to troll you. :P

By all means, feed him the bile that he needs to survive, but you may not like the result...

Does one actually need a reason to troll Vester?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • ecotec1983ecotec1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I disagree, most races i have done netted me first place. Except the time when the darn flag spawned outside the fence and when i missed the flag on my first race and got 4th. Rolling/jumping work great when you know where and when to use them. Roll into the last corner with cc armor and leave the rest in the dust.
  • opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jornado wrote: »
    Does one actually need a reason to troll Vester?

Well yeah, cause like it or not he/she is a human being.

I may not understand another person's world, but I know that they are part of mine, and I need to respect that.
    edited December 2014

I may not understand another person's world, but I know that they are part of mine, and I need to respect that.

Ah, you are a decent human being and I applaud you for it.

Unfortunately, Vester has trolled, derailed, and hurled insults in my general direction enough times that I no longer feel any pity or kindred human spirit obligations towards he/she/it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ravin wrote: »

I won countless Fast and Flurrious races with rolling (but jumping is useless). i am not doing the race anymore because i got my 3 Epohhs in every color and don´t need to raise more for the marks.

And BTW. Wearing the Undine/CC set gives you 25% run speed for 3 seconds after rolling.
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i'm a roller not a jumper and I like it lol but I usually get tags

....so :P
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jornado wrote: »
    Ah, you are a decent human being and I applaud you for it.

Unfortunately, Vester has trolled, derailed, and hurled insults in my general direction enough times that I no longer feel any pity or kindred human spirit obligations towards he/she/it.

Which is what makes their post so unusual. It seems like they have been replaced by an imposter or the person we have known as vester for months was an imposter and the real vester finally escaped.
    edited December 2014
    You are dramatizing the situation royally

All I ever said was developer apologists ruin the game by accepting whatever is released. Then I come out and do it a little colorful with a few punchlines here and there it's all pretty relaxing and down to earth.

I feel often times people simply don't get the punchline though.

For example pwetrendy banned me for bringing up uncle tom themes - which is being a sell-out and actually not racism.

Will me reply to that person have a sense of arrogance and entitlement in it absolutely which isn't my fault, that's the other person putting me in that situation by their incompetence.

Same thing for Delta Rising.

The stuff I am posting about Dil vaporizing is generally negative because of their incompetence.

So from my perspective I am just reacting to reality in an honest fashion, where I feel people who can't handle it are just too simple or weak to cope with the facts.

Don't get me wrong sometimes there is room for different takes on something.

People who say LoR was an awesome expansion that gave you 8 ships for free, new animations, outfits, free species and story you could just go play - I am not going to argue there.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This, so much this.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
    edited December 2014
    I feel often times people simply don't get the punchline though.

Then please add the occasional ;) or :D somewhere so we don't miss the punchlines - sometimes you come off as extremely rude, and frankly insulting, whether or not you are using misunderstood metaphors. I had a similar infraction once.

Also, I'd remove the sentence discussing moderation. IIRC that's against forum rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    Yeah I don't know.

To me it's funny, developer apologists are funny. But if someone called me that I'd be insulted where for some reason it's allowed to call people that on the forums, maybe they don't get what it means.

Sure sometimes in defending the game a few forum rules are broken but again that's other people who put me in that situation.

The only way to rightfully describe what Dil Vaporizing is and what is going on with the game well then they forced you start calling people those things but acting that way.
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The only way to rightfully describe what Dil Vaporizing is and what is going on with the game well then they forced you start calling people those things but acting that way.

Everyone is responsible for his/her own behaviour its your choice what you choose to call people and say to people and no one is forcing you or anyone to say anything. :eek:

Take some responsibility for your own words. I have no clue what you said to whom but I am sorry no one *made* you do anything. :P
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hmm, you lose many race to roller and jumper?

expert jumper is slightly faster than roller. I'm a roller. I win about 75% of the time. Place the other 25%.

bunny hopper macro exploit is fastest - have only seen one this year - I guess most old timers are gone - also there is some trait that glows light green that gives speed boost and has been left active for the wonderland.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ...there is some trait that glows light green that gives speed boost and has been left active for the wonderland.

I've gotten so used to the PvE race, the tighter (seems tighter to me, anyways...) restrictions on the PvP course still gives me troubles. My only real hope for placing (for now) is that: 1. I don't run myself off the track and end my race early, and 2. Everyone else misses the flag, 'cuz I'm pretty good at the grab.

Meanwhile, the trait you mention? Voth Exo-armour, usually helps me run straight off the edge of the track and DQ myself. If I found it helpful, I'd probably not tell you what it was. lol
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock