test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Glossy photos of Q

casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
Just want to check whether I've done something bad or not.

Last year like a lot of players, I saved up tonnes of spare stacks of photos during the Winter event. About 680 per character.

When this event began, I wanted the T6 ship so I started running the project for it and dumped my spare photos in to speed things up.

The problem is - I hear that if you unlock the ship with one character, then you will get it on the others for fewer than 1,000 photos. Is that true?

If so, does that mean I've basically burned 680 x number of alt's photos on the T6 ship, that I could have saved for something else in future years? :/

I am especially worried because a couple of my alts could have opted for one of the older ships instead, possibly even at a reduced price, and unlocked those fast instead of wasting all the photos.
Post edited by casbyness on

Comments

• isrorisror Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    casbyness wrote: »

Last year like a lot of players, I saved up tonnes of spare stacks of photos during the Winter event. About 680 per character.

When this event began, I wanted the T6 ship so I started running the project for it and dumped my spare photos in to speed things up.

The problem is - I hear that if you unlock the ship with one character, then you will get it on the others for fewer than 1,000 photos. Is that true?

If so, does that mean I've basically burned 680 x number of alt's photos on the T6 ship, that I could have saved for something else in future years? :/

I am especially worried because a couple of my alts could have opted for one of the older ships instead, possibly even at a reduced price, and unlocked those fast instead of wasting all the photos.

Yep, thats what I'm doing. I got the Raider last year, so all of my alts got it for 40 Pictures. I had lots of extra left over from last year towards the Carrier, so I'm almost done there; my alts will collect it after I complete it on my main for 40 Pictures. I never got the Cruiser, so one of my alts is running it from scratch since Day 1 for 1000 Pictures, and again, all my alts will collect it for 40 Pictures.
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh well. There goes lots of photos I guess :P
  • alonysalonys Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    casbyness wrote: »

Yes, you only need to unlock each ship on one character, and every other character on the account can buy that ship for 40 photos. I learned that lesson the hard way last year, so I know your pain. Good news is you'll have plenty of days after getting your ships to buy the other two ships, and then have some photos saved up for next year. :)
  • kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You've voluntarily removed perhaps thousands of autographed photos from your savings without compensation.

Now, you need to "Cancel" those projects to get the discounted one once it becomes available. Advil is on your medicine shelf.
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You've voluntarily removed perhaps thousands of autographed photos from your savings without compensation.

Now, you need to "Cancel" those projects to get the discounted one once it becomes available. Advil is on your medicine shelf.

All my alts are at the same photos total, 960, so there's now no point to cancelling. It's the same price for me either way :3