test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgrade question about Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core

peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
Hey comunity,

has anybody managed to upgrade the quality of the mission rewarded Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core?

I’m interested in the possible or fixed modifiers given by such an endeavour and the ensured functionality of any set bonuses (+10% AP boost) if the quality of the related set pieces are not done.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ancient_Obelisk_Technology_Set

Thank you for any answers in advance.
animated.gif
Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
felisean wrote: »
teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It will work just fine.

Also, the UR mod is random, but it can gain the most important mod [AMP] meaning it doesn't have that disadvantage anymore.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    It will work just fine.
    Also, the UR mod is random, but it can gain the most important mod [AMP] meaning it doesn't have that disadvantage anymore.

Thank you for you input. AMP mod would be my sought after. Yet rarety upgrades on ship core systems seem to be the most cost intense. I was hoping that set pieces would not have ultra rare random mod like weapons do for example but rather a fixed one. :(

What would be the epic one by the way, does anybody know yet?
    animated.gif
  • xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    It will work just fine.

Oh, no. It will get [Trans] as UR... don't waste your dili on that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-zuWYNJvhHk7wgJxjizDeGPizBaTl3ckC0ACBb3vKBs/pubhtml#
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited December 2014

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-zuWYNJvhHk7wgJxjizDeGPizBaTl3ckC0ACBb3vKBs/pubhtml#

Interesting, my Tribble one got [AMP], and someone else got... Can't remember, it was something useless but not [Trans].

They must have fixed it on Holodeck. Oh well.
    edited December 2014

Thx a bunch for the information @hellspawny. Very much appreciated. How sad for that core though.
    animated.gif
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It does seem a bit odd that certain cores get Trans and other can get Amp. Clearly one mod will make the build more powerful whereas the other is barely useful at all.

I wish they'd just allow any mod to go with any piece of kit (within the realms of what that kit can accommodate) and just let it be random what you get. At least that way you stand a chance of having a core that is as competitive as say the CC core that gets the Amp mod.
    SulMatuul.png
    edited December 2014
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    It does seem a bit odd that certain cores get Trans and other can get Amp. Clearly one mod will make the build more powerful whereas the other is barely useful at all.

I wish they'd just allow any mod to go with any piece of kit (within the realms of what that kit can accommodate) and just let it be random what you get. At least that way you stand a chance of having a core that is as competitive as say the CC core that gets the Amp mod.

Yea you are correct. But I bet AMP mod on that one which already grads +10% AP boost in combination with the beam array would be too much to ask for.
    animated.gif