test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev's posts, messages and updates info becoming more ... cryptic

daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
Since the DR i seen more and more of this info's released. Lots of fancy words, interpretable in lots of ways that will drove people on forums asking WTH they meant.

Can we please have an universal Dev translator ?. Imo if u bother to release massages/notes at least try to make them clear. After the DR "success" more confusion its not good.

Ty
Post edited by daciaeterna on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's called doublespeak. They say something in an intentionally confusing manner so as to confuse the reader and hide what they're really doing. pwegrovercleveland's post from a while back was doublespeak. He used a wall of text to say "Leveling is not changing at all." Of course, what was hidden was that, they were doing it to trick people into thinking they were leveling up faster by seeing bigger numbers. Not to mention, leveling was still slowed down anyway. But enouh of that ramble.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's the kind of double-speak that works on an uneducated audience but falls flat when your audience contains people with graduate-level education, business owners, people who can actually read...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No not a universal translator but a bull sh_t translator. :)
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No not a universal translator but a bull sh_t translator. :)

Sad but true, what this game have become ...
    If this is the price of what they called a "success" ...
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    with a playerbase like sto's i dont blame them.
    in their position id do nothing more than needed to get my paycheck done, experiment with stuff to put on my resume and leave promptly at 5 every day.

almost every time i read a post by some fool on the forum demanding "meaningful endless leveling" (or some paraphrase of), on the basis of it being an rpg staple, when all this does is break the content and wall off new players, i double facepalm.

when this is the mmo game destroying cancer they are being asked to pander to, its a guarantee the blogs and updates will be contradictory.

how are they supposed to maintain accessibility and game balance, while simultaneously putting up grind gate barriers to entry, and giving players more power?
    these points are by definition mutually exclusive of the other.

I agree 100% - Grind is a disease that kills MMO games. New players don't want to play, old players leave, all that is left is a small hardcore group of players who will throw cash at the game and proclaim that they love the grind... then slowly that group dwindles, the money they pay dwindles and the game dies.

This needs to be turned around as soon as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    It's the kind of double-speak that works on an uneducated audience but falls flat when your audience contains people with graduate-level education, business owners, people who can actually read...

or those who see the danger words out of the mix and already know what bitter experience on the subject can do. its when i read media reports i verify the information from multiple sites first before spewing it on the forums like i have seen in ten forward the past few weeks without any regard to the validity of any of it.

yeah ive been stabbed in the back a few times because someone was speaking from their head and their TRIBBLE.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's funny to listen to developer apologist rank them as victims of circumstances that simply HAD to be.

Remember though, they spent the last 2½ years deleting, nerfing and ruining every feature in the game.

Doff upgrinder, STF, console fabrication, exploration, tour the galaxy, mirror event and on it goes through out every feature there is.

Including leveling, exp, EC, marks and dil.

You know people used to just create alts becaused they like to play, imagine that!
    Sure it was fast and easy to get to 50 and get your entirely free drops on STF but all the more reason to make more characters and then you'd need more ships for your account.

But someone felt the players were having too much, to the point that getting your hands on in-game resources is only a symbolic possibility, it shouldn't really be possible to earn a free ship or get enough EC to buy a lockbox ship - without selling keys you bought for zen.

Now, all that said, going back to season 7 they have said, their own words were - even with Delta Rising, they have been doing awesome.

So there is no point to make that they HAD to delete everything and suck the fun out of every feature in there.

"That's how a mmo HAS to be", no it isn't. They were in their own words doubling their stuff LONG before they nerfed everything including leveling.

In the end though, cryptic is getting it right when they say they have no intentions of involving the players or the community AT ALL

That just tells me the people sponsoring the game, the whales who buy in every month, ask zero questions, and crazy enough to pay say 5 million dil for "upgraded" copy-pasted stats with no new animations.
    That being the value of 5-6 c-store ships.

SO, since the whales ask zero questions and "okay" everything then that is exactly how it's going to be.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Because of the lack of true QA, and the focus on "solving" the game from a technical perspective, with not enough emphasis on the subjective aspects--how it feels to the player--I allow the possibility that it is not necessarily deliberate messing with people's heads as it is a) not recognizing the full set of impacts their decisions will have on player feeling and experience, and/or b) honestly intending for one thing to occur but because of the lack of QA, being given the lie anyway by buggy code.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, they once said that they wont go into specifics anymore til its a solid fact so they wont be held "responsible" for going into the "you said/promised we get...."-land.

Nowadays just interpret it in the worst possible way for players and you might just be correct. At least you wont get disappointed that way.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Of course if words align with actions, that concern ceases to be a problem...

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The thing is... i dont want them to say anything anymore.
    Everything they said in the past months was a lie. Everything has lead to nerfs and broken content.

The problem is not how they express what they say.... the problem is that they have absolutely no clear concept how to run the development of the game.
    They have no idea what the players want... what the players need and also not what chances to make money they actually miss by ignoring the players.

The developers dont even know their own game... so pretty much everything they could said about it would be just a guess.
    And the fact that they dont know their game is also the reason why there are such problems here.
    If that does not change soon we wont see a season 11 anymore.