test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

J -> PvP -> Arena -> Join Queue

nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Stop BS, it's time to move on!
Sincerely i'm tired of reading all of these useless threads, and i'm not the only one to think so. Useless fleets wars, useless flames, useless whining, useless "i quit, bye" threads. None of it will help the PvP community. What we need is a turning point, and we have to do it together.
Watching all this from outside, without interfering, creates a really bad idea of this PvP community and, imho, this is almost ridicoulous at this point. You know, after all this is a game, and such has to be taken.
So, leave everything outside this context, i beg you. As far as i'm a pvp veteran, i don't remember a time of such great mass hysteria between PvPers, and sincerely i want it to end, because i believe it's really meaningless.
Said that, when this will end, do we want to use again the Qs? Christ, use the Qs, join them, 50 or 60, doesn't matter. Not playing isn't a solution. Only playing we'll understand how to deal with new stuff and how to communicate with devs about improvements and fixes (as far as possible for us).
What we have to do is: return to play PvP. You know, like last 10v10 we see every night from jedis and friends, this is the right signal!
So, stop BS, it's time to get back to work and have fun in Arena!

ps: thank you Giova for the right indications about the translation from italian :P

pps: i filled my damn space spec points on main toon, so now i'm available to return as well
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cptndata1cptndata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree 100%. Stop the forum pvp, lets see some actual pvp!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real join date September 2012
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cptndata1 wrote: »
    I agree 100%. Stop the forum pvp, lets see some actual pvp!!

Meh, until they fix a few things, tweak a few things, and so forth...well, good luck with that.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Meh, until they fix a few things, tweak a few things, and so forth...well, good luck with that.

I know right? I change deflectors and my whole load out just goes to hell. That bug is annoying. I had weapons and gear return to my other ships at the shipyard. Yeah they completely left my ship while I was in space/Kerrat. That's not right.

Plus T6 intel powers are LOL. I like early PVP, like around level 30. So fun.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nandospc wrote: »
    pps: i filled my damn space spec points on main toon, so now i'm available to return as well
    unfortunately most other players havent, which is why the queues are dead
    edited December 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    I know right? I change deflectors and my whole load out just goes to hell. That bug is annoying. I had weapons and gear return to my other ships at the shipyard. Yeah they completely left my ship while I was in space/Kerrat. That's not right.

Plus T6 intel powers are LOL. I like early PVP, like around level 30. So fun.

It's odd, in a way, it's "fixed" for me (knock on wood) going from Ground to Space; but any time I go to Ker'rat and then go anywhere it's all jacked up and have to put it back together again...meh.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    unfortunately most other players havent, which is why the queues are dead
    I know, but that doesn't prevent us from joining Qs even with a not "ready" toon. Or am i wrong? ;)
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I know, but that doesn't prevent us from joining Qs even with a not "ready" toon. Or am i wrong? ;)

Just 11 spec points spent here, still always in the Qs.
    :D
    Hope to see you all in the queues.

Gio
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• thorexxxxthorexxxx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    can i afk in pvp? because reward sucks........GEKO IS THE BEST :D
    edited December 2014
    thorexxxx wrote: »
    can i afk in pvp? because reward sucks........GEKO IS THE BEST :D
    Mmmhh... let's say no ;)
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited December 2014
    giotariz wrote: »
    Just 11 spec points spent here, still always in the Qs.
    :D
    Hope to see you all in the queues.

Gio

Sure.. this or We do a 10 vs 10 like the last days.. just fun to play with or against you Guys. :)

Regarts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's odd, in a way, it's "fixed" for me (knock on wood) going from Ground to Space; but any time I go to Ker'rat and then go anywhere it's all jacked up and have to put it back together again...meh.

Anytime you change an item on your ship (or traits/doff/boffs) you have to save it again to the approriate loadout. This way it will overwrite the old one.

If your tray goes whacky as it will every so often, just go and click on your saved loadout, it will replace everything as you had it. that includes Traits, Doffs, Boffs and skill tray.

I was even thinking of creating a ground loadout, so my traits will always be saved to that loadout, and when i'd like to do ground, I can just clck the loadout once, instead of swapping out 10 space traits for 10 ground traits

Since I've started saving the loadout after changing ANYTHING. I've not had the problem anymore, and when it does randomly occur, i only need to re-click the appropriate loadout to return everything as I had wanted it.

Anyway its been working for me. You just need to get into the habit of saving often. Hopefully this annoyance does not bother you guys anymore.
    :)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Anytime you change an item on your ship (or traits/doff/boffs) you have to save it again to the approriate loadout. This way it will overwrite the old one.

If your tray goes whacky as it will every so often, just go and click on your saved loadout, it will replace everything as you had it. that includes Traits, Doffs, Boffs and skill tray.

I was even thinking of creating a ground loadout, so my traits will always be saved to that loadout, and when i'd like to do ground, I can just clck the loadout once, instead of swapping out 10 space traits for 10 ground traits

Since I've started saving the loadout after changing ANYTHING. I've not had the problem anymore, and when it does randomly occur, i only need to re-click the appropriate loadout to return everything as I had wanted it.

Anyway its been working for me. You just need to get into the habit of saving often. Hopefully this annoyance does not bother you guys anymore.
    :)

I'm immune to the loadout problem at least with trays since I don't use keybinds except to redistribute shields. Keybinds for abilities take away the thinking part of the game for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm immune to the loadout problem at least with trays since I don't use keybinds except to redistribute shields. Keybinds for abilities take away the thinking part of the game for me.

Yep same here, I've never used keybinds. I can see the advantage of using them, but I feel more in control, when I dispatch my skills as I need them.
    I have a very specific setup for my trays :)

Since I've taken to saving my loadout upon any changes, it has solved my messed up tray issues for the most part.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited December 2014

It doesn't prevent me or people that join OPvP games. I'm half way there with spec since forever.
    I wasn't fkn prevented when i was fighting bugs in mirror recon so this is nothing.
    And yes, we do organize games, and have full 10v10s even though some people refuse to believe it.
    So yeah, X-up or Q. in both cases it's 3 pressed buttons.
    Way, way less button presses then forum PvP.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I qued up a few times when I wasn't grinding out event TRIBBLE.

Got my butt kicked. Good times.

Prolly my own damn fault too.
    edited December 2014
    Ehi...making a very effective set of keybinds is the real thinking part of the game! Trust me...I'm UP

and without my keybinds I would die first and more often!

Making keybinds is an art!:cool:
    I can see how people like them, and I've tried a bunch of keybinds, the only thing I've found that remotely works for me is spacebar=redistribute shields= and LAlt=all my heals, an Oh TRIBBLE button. In the end I found that I can choose what to use in each situation better than I can by throwing all my heals on cooldown because a warbird got a lucky BO and got me down to 20%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This, so much this.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can see how people like them, and I've tried a bunch of keybinds, the only thing I've found that remotely works for me is spacebar=redistribute shields= and LAlt=all my heals, an Oh TRIBBLE button. In the end I found that I can choose what to use in each situation better than I can by throwing all my heals on cooldown because a warbird got a lucky BO and got me down to 20%.
    I totally love macros. I use them PVE constantly cause like, shizzles is uber easy.

For PVP I did use 4 power preset macros for a longish time on my fed toon. But they were pretty short macros and I used them manually. A tap tap here and a tap tap there.

Now. I found a G15 keyboard at a second hand store for 3 bucks. Grabbed it cause the LED screen looked cool and its was like...3 bucks right?

So someone on this very forum helpfully pointed out that gaming keyboards have an auto hotkey function (if I'm saying that right). Essentially you bind one of the special gaming keyboard buttons to whatever key you had assigned to your macro and set it to 'repeat'. I actually took forever to google how to do that. Apparently it is a 'nerd secret'. Just kidding. I suck at google. Oh and it totally supports STO. Bammo just select sto as a game profile and all the stuffs just come up!

Moving on.

Okay you all know why that's a bad idea for pvp right? Especially if you have a hugely long PVE rotation on that macro.

I did it anyway. Lulz ensued. :D
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To derail a theme on macros(lol), happy to report that we again did few 10v10s which got filled fast like every time.
    If you are on 10pm UTC/GMT-2am UTC/GMT i can say that it is good time to pew.
    edited December 2014
    Macros, macros everywhere :D Please guys, stay in topic. Anyway, glad to hear that sharx, sadly yesterday evening i wasn't on, hope for this night then :)
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sharxtreme wrote: »
    To derail a theme on macros(lol), happy to report that we again did few 10v10s which got filled fast like every time.
    If you are on 10pm UTC/GMT-2am UTC/GMT i can say that it is good time to pew.

*Mentally adds 8 hours*

Okay, no wonder I practically never see OPVP matches being set up or the queue popping.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thissler wrote: »
    I qued up a few times when I wasn't grinding out event TRIBBLE.

Got my butt kicked. Good times.

Prolly my own damn fault too.

My grinding was getting the cropped frost winter jacket. It's all but a winter jacket to me... but it looks cool :D

Problem is to level my sci character, it's a pain.
    edited December 2014
    1 arena and 2 cnh in one day. C'mon guys, you know it's not enough, join the Qs :eek:
    edited December 2014
    1 arena and 2 cnh in one day. C'mon guys, you know it's not enough, join the Qs :eek:

All my stuff's broken - so until they fix it, I'm not going to subject other players to it - just abuse the Hell out of NPCs with it! Wheeeeeee!
  • etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited December 2014
    This is pretty bad when a player has to come on here to beg other people to join pvp q's. If there are thousands of players on each day shouldn't a good 200 of them want to willngly q up for pvp? I guess my head is back in season 2 when I joined this game and pvp was popping at all ranks both ground and space! Sorry acid flashbacks!
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    MWO can queue any game any time, and Gecko wont turn my end-game mechs into turds whenever he wants to shake the money tree.

PVP here was always bad, now its like PVP in Farmville with Alts
    edited December 2014
    PVP here was always bad, now its like PVP in Farmville with Alts

I'm kind of surprised that STO PvP didn't start off or evolve into more of a 3D RTS than a TPS.