test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So...an idea about alts...

coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 9,653 Arc User
So the spec point makes making alts a bit daunting for many, so I have been thinking a bit on it and how about a system like the rep's sponsorship deal. You max out the specs on one character and you can pop a token to pass onto the next character so they get 2 spec points every level instead of 1? Would make the whole maxing alts a bit faster while slowing down first timers a bit for the metrics.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Personally, i would like to be able to take some of my Bridge Officers and promote them to Captain, which would then make them playable from that point on. This would increase the need for Bridge officers and offer up more of a point to them while giving players who are interested in alts the chance to get their new Captain a head start on becoming an Admiral.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Personally, i would like to be able to take some of my Bridge Officers and promote them to Captain, which would then make them playable from that point on. This would increase the need for Bridge officers and offer up more of a point to them while giving players who are interested in alts the chance to get their new Captain a head start on becoming an Admiral.

This has been discussed since the game launched.

Personally, I think there is so much character bound stuff at this point that I wouldn't want this anymore.

I would be very happy if they ever combined this with the character respec request and allowed a bridge officer to replace your captain in a character slot. So bridge officer inherits your captain's belongings.

And, if anything, I wish I could simply convert alts into bridge officers for my main. Something like:

Level 0-19. 5% chance per level to be at least green quality.
    Level 20-39. 5% chance per level to be at least blue quality.
    Level 40-60. 5% chance per level to be at least purple quality.

Additionally, receive 1 DOff minipack for every Bridge Officer your alt had and a bundled (account-bound) version of any lockbox ships or Lobi BOs they had. Maybe tech upgrades based on the total tech value of their gear and rep marks based on their rep progress.

If anything, with the state of the game, I'd like to cash in alts. And I figure having a system for that might provide alting with a purpose even if it's not the purpose most alt players would ideally prefer.

Incidentally, to make this fully work, the resulting BO would be bundled in a usable by any faction package to support truly condensing all alts down to a single character.
  • donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I actually posted the same exact idea here, well almost the same idea, but very close.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1274201

and the same jokers came and tried to pawn off the same silly idea of making boffs into captains, pure non-sense. :rolleyes: