test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reputation Deflector Quality Upgrades?

senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Academy
Does anyone know what benefits all the reputation deflectors get from being upgraded to Ultra Rare or Epic?

Someone in my fleet linked to an Epic Mk XIV Dyson deflector array that recieved the [SciCdr] modifier.
Right now I'm trying my hand at building a Pathfinder exotic damage build, so I use the Solanae Deflector Array for its hefty partgen bonus, but what does it get from being upgraded to UR or Epic?

Because I have to say I'm rather tempted by the 10% science power cooldown reduction from an upgraded Dyson deflector, but that would kind of mean giving up some Partgen.
Post edited by senatorvreenak on

Comments

• cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Some benefit more than others. The best way to get an idea of if you think the upgrade is worth persuing is to queue up the item to upgrade and compare the possible result with what you currently have. Rarity upgrades can be quite expensive and from what I read in a thread earlier, they can completely fail at 100%. 400k DL is a lot to waste on failure.

Edit: Here's the thread.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Their idea is for you to BUY zen and convert it to Dilith.

These upgrades have been designed with the only goal, to make money.

Don't forget that they have also cut the Dilith rewards for doing STF's etc....

We now have stuff that is 10 times harder and also rewards far less. This game is turning into one giant money pit and sadly it's just not worth it.

They are spending all their time in the wrong areas.

Club47 for example ? What exactly is the point of it ? You can do NOTHING there ? It serves 0 purpose !
  • farseeridranelfarseeridranel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Solanae deflector gets another 10 tp particle gens at ultra rare (so 50 in total).

It is the only item I tried to upgrade in rarity, but the price was very high. I spent tons of dilithium, crafted many many experimental upgrade techs and bought quality improving booster things for millions of ECs and it is not even epic yet (and I will not try to get it there).

You might want to wait with trying to upgrade things in rarity. It is just not worth it and far too expensive, but maybe that will be changed one day.
  • allanon1974allanon1974 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if someone has other UR mods to add to the sheet, please let me know ;)
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited December 2014

ok, now where can I find a list of what all of those mods actually mean? Some I know, but others, like [SciCdR] aren't things I've seen in game.
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited December 2014

Omega force ground armor get [Mob] (+35 resist to root and kb)
    Omega carbine gets nothing at UR :(
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Yes I do. Some ground set items.
    Jem'hadar armor [PsyD] - +10% psyhical dmg, Jem'hadar ground shield [Mob] (odd, same as the omega armor) and jem'hadar full auto rifle gets [CritX] +2% crit chance and +10% crit dmg.
    And counter-coomand ground ground set. Armor gets [Tox] +24 tox ress, shields get [Ress2] - +10% dmg ress and rifle (distruptor, phaser dont know for sure) gets [DoT] - 2,5% chance for radiation damage over time.
    atlmykl wrote: »
    Omega force ground armor get [Mob] (+35 resist to root and kb)
    Omega carbine gets nothing at UR :(

And neither the omega ground shield :(
  • allanon1974allanon1974 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    neomodious wrote: »
    ok, now where can I find a list of what all of those mods actually mean? Some I know, but others, like [SciCdR] aren't things I've seen in game.

[SciCdR] gives 10% reduction to cooldown on sci Bridge officer powers. (Not under global cooldowns).

Other modifier, ask free...

List updated!
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.