test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgrading quad disruptor cannon bug INVESTIGATING

saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Well, tooday i saw, that my Quad disruptor cannons (the one from Ning'tao class) is not firing
in Mirror Invasion event - i tought it's only graphic bug (sometimes engine is loosing
shooting FX if the screen is cluttered), but the gun was greyed in my weapons bar too.
I looked over it in my equipment window... and its got "Upgrade item" option :eek:
That thing is level-less, so I tried it ... and when I started Upgrade dialog
the thing got turned to level XII very rare item... Is that bug or it is as it should be :confused:
Ning'tao is useable from Commander level toon, but tier XII items are useable from Lieutenand General
level toon, also - must check if getting new gun will fix the "not shooting" problem....
checked - its look like geting new cannons form new Ning'tao did fix the "not shooting Quad cannons"
Still - where they planned for upgrade? :confused:
Post edited by saber1973a on

Comments

• reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Quad Cannons can be upgraded thought the upgrade system, and placing them there does makes them Mk XII.

As for the other problems, I can't really help you.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As soon as it changed during an upgrade setting it becomes XII, however they may have made a mistake and made all of them XII even when in the lvl specific mode. That would be damn annoying.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I checked also other level-less items
    Other Quad Cannons also have "Upgrade Item" option.
    Also the Obelisk Omnidirectional Beam Array, Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core
    and Bio-neural Warhead.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Well, tooday i saw, that my Quad disruptor cannons (the one from Ning'tao class) is not firing
    in Mirror Invasion event - i tought it's only graphic bug (sometimes engine is loosing
    shooting FX if the screen is cluttered), but the gun was greyed in my weapons bar too.
    I looked over it in my equipment window... and its got "Upgrade item" option :eek:
    the thing got turned to level XII very rare item... Is that bug or it is as it should be :confused:
    Ning'tao is useable from Commander level toon, but tier XII items are useable from Lieutenand General
    level toon, also - must check if getting new gun will fix the "not shooting" problem....
    checked - its look like geting new cannons form new Ning'tao did fix the "not shooting Quad cannons"

The quad cannons from the Ning'tao do not get the option to upgrade until the owner hits level 50, so everything looks to be working as intended.

For the cannons not firing, I've seen a few reports of similar issues with other weapons but haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet.

I expect we'll need one or more characters with a weapon currently in this grayed out state, so if you've got a character that is currently experiencing this issue, let me know the name@handle of the character.
    STO QA Team
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    saber1973a wrote: »

Scaling items only level to MK X, so with the upgrade system if you throw a scaling item into it at level 50+ it auto updates it to MK XII which means you get a slight stat boost on it. I've upgraded all of my scaling items which will allow it just for the slight boost, however I did notice one exception to this was the secondary deflector from the Dyson Science destroyer which got a stat drop when upgraded to MK XII from scaling.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!