test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ambush bugged!!!!!

lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
if you use the skill normally you get your 127% dmg increase most times not always.
somtimes it work sometimes not.......

if you put in a Ambush Doff the +127% dmg boost goes totally away and only have the 100% + dmg from the Doff.

ambush Doff also have no effekt to the new Neutron grenade from the Delta Reputation.
the other grenades what i have test work with the doff ability.

is there a way to fix the skill?
Post edited by lostmoony on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Ambush doff removes the single large burst of bonus damage and re-applies it as a Damage Over Time effect.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    with Neutron grenates the Doff ability not works.

and if the +127% attak will be replaced by +100% attak over time, what is the upgrade in that?
    loosing dmg.:confused:

put a doff in what cost on Exchange 4mio EC and loose for that 27% dmg?
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Ambush doff removes the single large burst of bonus damage and re-applies it as a Damage Over Time effect.

If I recall correctly, it works like this:

no doff = 127% bonus
    1 doff = 127% + 100% = 254% as DoT
    2 doffs = 127% + 200% = 381% as DoT
    3 doffs = 127% + 300% = 508% as DoT
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lostmoony wrote: »
    and if the +127% attak will be replaced by +100% attak over time, what is the upgrade in that?
    loosing dmg.:confused:

The attack over time does its bonus damage as Physical damage which means it bypasses enemy shields. You're trading instant damage that has to take down shields for delayed damage that ignores shields.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, it works like this:

no doff = 127% bonus
    1 doff = 127% + 100% = 254% as DoT
    2 doffs = 127% + 200% = 381% as DoT
    3 doffs = 127% + 300% = 508% as DoT

That doesn't look right to me. The 100% is supposed to replace the ambush buff not add to it and I'm pretty sure it works that way.

So if you have a 100 base dmg and click ambush (your ambush is very low if it's only 127% btw OP)

100dmg + 127% buff = 227 dmg.

Throw the doff on and you'll see that drop to

100dmg + 100% buff = 200 dmg.

If you have the purple quality security doff you'll see that 200 dmg divided by 3 as the damage will tick 3x during the 9 secs it lasts so a hit at 200 would result in a dot tick for roughly 67 physical damage. Each security doff applies separately so you'd see 3 ticks at 67 each. Total damage applied would be 603. A nice improvement but certainly not 500%. Roughly about 300.

Keep in mind that's raw damage. If the target has physical resistance that DoT will be further reduced.

I have not seen ambush failing to work, doffed or not but it might be worth testing.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    nulonu wrote: »

100dmg + 127% buff = 227 dmg.

Throw the doff on and you'll see that drop to

100dmg + 100% buff = 200 dmg.

thats not right.

it is:
    100+127%= 227% dmg

with doff
    100+50%DoT= 150% dmg

for example:
    high density rifle makes 2 hits per shot.

without the doff i geht +127% dmg up in total for the full attak!!!

with the doff i get only +100% over time calculated for the first hit, the second strike is ignored.

the weapon deals on a enemy for example 120dmg ea strike"so totally 240dmg"but i get with the doff put on 27dmg Points poping up 4 times.....that is ~120dmg in total.

calculation:

Basic shot 120dmg*2= 240dmg
    shot with ambush 250*2 = 500dmg
    shot with doff ambush 120*2+27*4=348dmg "and to reach the lower dmg i i have to wait 9 seconds"

using 3x this DOFF makes =120*3+27*4*3=564dmg

try it out.

no DOFF=500dmg
    3x DOFF=564dmg in 9 seconds done

use the doff= loosing alot on dmg i have noticed.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    lostmoony wrote: »
    thats not right.

it is:
    100+127%= 227% dmg

with doff
    100+50%DoT= 150% dmg

for example:
    high density rifle makes 2 hits per shot.

without the doff i geht +127% dmg up in total for the full attak!!!

with the doff i get only +100% over time calculated for the first hit, the second strike is ignored.

the weapon deals on a enemy for example 120dmg ea strike"so totally 240dmg"but i get with the doff put on 27dmg Points poping up 4 times.....that is ~120dmg in total.

calculation:

Basic shot 120dmg*2= 240dmg
    shot with ambush 250*2 = 500dmg
    shot with doff ambush 120*2+27*4=348dmg "and to reach the lower dmg i i have to wait 9 seconds"

using 3x this DOFF makes =120*3+27*4*3=564dmg

try it out.

use the doff= loosing alot on dmg i have noticed.:rolleyes:

I wasn't talking about multi- hits. I was talking about one hit. The dots apply from the first hit, otherwise you'd be seeing 3 ticks x 2 which would be ridiculous OP. I'm not sure where you are getting the 50% from but a guess would be you are dividing it by the number of shots in the cycle of the weapon you are using.

I think my calc is right. You get your base damage plus 100% of that as a DOT. I've managed spike damage high enough for dots around 800x3 in pve and 400x3 in pvp. They are quite powerful IMO. It could simply be your overall build or poor timing for ambush that makes them seem underwhelming.
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nulonu wrote: »
    That doesn't look right to me. The 100% is supposed to replace the ambush buff not add to it and I'm pretty sure it works that way.

In-game description says: "Increases the bonus damage of Ambush by 100%, but all bonus damage from this ability is now dealt as Damage over Time."

The bonus damage of a decent Ambush is 150%. If I am increasing that 150% by 100%, as the description says, the total bonus damage would be 300%, dealt as a DoT.

Otherwise, why slot that DOFF (in the scenario of slotting one doff) if it's gonna decrease my final damage? It makes no sense. Of course, it might very well be a case of Cryptic being Cryptic and selling things not working as advertised.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    edited November 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    In-game description says: "Increases the bonus damage of Ambush by 100%, but all bonus damage from this ability is now dealt as Damage over Time."

The bonus damage of a decent Ambush is 150%. If I am increasing that 150% by 100%, as the description says, the total bonus damage would be 300%, dealt as a DoT.

Otherwise, why slot that DOFF (in the scenario of slotting one doff) if it's gonna decrease my final damage? It makes no sense. Of course, it might very well be a case of Cryptic being Cryptic and selling things not working as advertised.

Sooooo

100 dmg + 150% ambush buff = 250 dmg.

100 dmg + 150% ambush buff + 150% from sec doff = 400 dmg - 250 (since only bonus damage applies) results in a DoT tick of 50.

Who knows what's really going on since there's no change in the tooltip. Since dmg without the dot is not benefiting from the normal ambush buff I'm still inclined to say it is replacing the regular ambush buff and not adding to it. Either way, they are in no way OP like they were when they first came out and benefited from every tac buff and (for pvp) couldn't be cleared.

And yes cryptic being cryptic I don't really wrack my brain over this stuff anymore lol. :P