test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intel Team and Evade Target Lock behaving...Oddly?

thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
Just what it says. First. Here's a video of the abilities behaving NORMALLY.

Well notice that the two ships involved, in particular the ship USING the abilities, are pure Intel Ships.

Well. After making this video, where everything pretty much worked as advertised, I wanted to test out Evade Lock and Intel Team. In particular I wanted to boost my Stealth Rating and see how well it worked.

Dauntless VS Bug Ship. Outcome? Not at all. Absolutely zero effect.

OK. Dauntless VS Eclipse. Outcome? Zero for the Dauntless, Two for Two for the Eclipse.

The Dauntless WAS able to 'stealth' at Seven K. The Eclipse could 'stealth' at Three K.

Summation. Intel ships will drop from your target and you will be unable to target them even at close ranges. Non Intel ships will only be able to do this, if at all, from greater ranges. This hasn't been tested with any other value than 150 in stealth using consoles, vs 75 in stealth detection.

Not very scientific, I know.

Evade Lock. Sometimes it works. Sometimes not. At times it did the normal what you see in the video. Other times it 'added' 2 points to the targets Acc.

During combat, to a target that i had been debuffing normally, I debuffed that target to -55 acc.
Almost double what I had been doing as a test out of combat, like in the video.

At times my target was able to debuff my Acc. But not consistently In or Out of combat.

So. Anyone else noticing this? Or some similar behavior? I'd like to hammer away at this a bit this weekend, and if anyone had some leads that would be great.

Cheers.:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    I can't be certain what is going on with the stat display, but it may be worth noting that the -Accuracy on Evade Target Lock applies ONLY to the person that uses it against you.

In other words if I'm fighting both Foe A and Foe B, and I get hit with Evade Target Lock from Foe A, my Accuracy remains unaffected while firing at Foe B.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can't be certain what is going on with the stat display, but it may be worth noting that the -Accuracy on Evade Target Lock applies ONLY to the person that uses it against you.

In other words if I'm fighting both Foe A and Foe B, and I get hit with Evade Target Lock from Foe A, my Accuracy remains unaffected while firing at Foe B.

Roger that. We did the testing with only each other targeted. No pets. Now at one point as I was hit by Intel Team and THEN Evade, it had no effect as well, I had no target at all. At the other times I was fully targeting my one foe.

Have video I could put a private link up in Tribble V later.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ...only thing i gotta mock is that probe lol...