test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

i cant play

so whats happening is. and these are all recent things that are happening.

1- I keep getting jump back. where I will run somewhere only to keep be putting back where I just was. :confused:

2- in ESD I ran from the exchange to admiral Quins office. there were no people in the office. and then after a few seconds, I was back at the exchange.:(

3- when I go from one map to another. the game stalls. and I have to reload the game.:(

4- for some reason, lately I keep getting stuck in an abyss at the bottom of my fleet dilithium mine. I always go down there and never get stuck. well maybe once or twice over the years. but now it happens every dam time. :mad:

now I've never been any good at playing these online games. i only play because of the star trek name. and I do a lot of the easier stuff and site seeing. but now I cant even do that. its good just to see the star trek universe. and a recent arm injury means I cant realy play any battle style game play.

Im not normally one for complaining. but WTF. is going on. bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs and I think there may also be a bug.

I can honestly say that if this was a star wars game with the same game engine, and the same game play. but with star wars ship, weapons and characters. or any other game title. I wouldn't play it. im a trekie. and all I want is a game I can enjoy, and relax with. but im starting to loose interest. and believe me I don't want to. I've even sunk a small fortune into this game. because I believed in it.

JJ f***ed up the movies whit he's bull****. and now the only place I can go and zone out from the stresses of life is not working. because of these bugs no one wants to fix.

if they don't release any new content for the next year and just focus on fixing the bugs. I would be happy to see that.
I cant brain I have the dumb
Post edited by zzzspina01 on

Comments

• Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Those are far from, new issues

I've been having issues like that for years, on and off, Its Network based, nothing wrong with the game as far as far as I can tell
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your ISP could be having issues due to its current Pathing to the Servers. I was just in the game for an hour and did not have any of those issues - but since we live in two different areas how you get to the Servers is going to be much different then how I got there. You might want to look at running a TraceRt to see where the hang-up might be. If it were the Server we would see a ton of threads about the issue.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zzzspina01 wrote: »
    so whats happening is. and these are all recent things that are happening.

1- I keep getting jump back. where I will run somewhere only to keep be putting back where I just was. :confused:

2- in ESD I ran from the exchange to admiral Quins office. there were no people in the office. and then after a few seconds, I was back at the exchange.:(

3- when I go from one map to another. the game stalls. and I have to reload the game.:(

4- for some reason, lately I keep getting stuck in an abyss at the bottom of my fleet dilithium mine. I always go down there and never get stuck. well maybe once or twice over the years. but now it happens every dam time. :mad:

now I've never been any good at playing these online games. i only play because of the star trek name. and I do a lot of the easier stuff and site seeing. but now I cant even do that. its good just to see the star trek universe. and a recent arm injury means I cant realy play any battle style game play.

Im not normally one for complaining. but WTF. is going on. bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs and I think there may also be a bug.

I can honestly say that if this was a star wars game with the same game engine, and the same game play. but with star wars ship, weapons and characters. or any other game title. I wouldn't play it. im a trekie. and all I want is a game I can enjoy, and relax with. but im starting to loose interest. and believe me I don't want to. I've even sunk a small fortune into this game. because I believed in it.

JJ f***ed up the movies whit he's bull****. and now the only place I can go and zone out from the stresses of life is not working. because of these bugs no one wants to fix.

if they don't release any new content for the next year and just focus on fixing the bugs. I would be happy to see that.
    Moved to the tech issues forum.

Please also read http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1192081 as it has diagnostics we can use to help you.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Those are far from, new issues

I've been having issues like that for years, on and off, Its Network based, nothing wrong with the game as far as far as I can tell

ok just tried a trace and couldn't understand it. it was all jargun. i might have dun something wrong. will try the page askray posted thx for your help
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 9 ms 7 ms 10 ms 10.247.32.1
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 on is just the same as two.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    my computer is saying nettest.exe is not safe and keeps auto deleting it. I tried three times.

this is the pathping patchserver.crypticstudios.com results

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\michael>pathping patchserver.crypticstudios.com

0 zzzspina [192.168.0.8]
    1 10.247.32.1
    2 * * *
    Computing statistics for 25 seconds...
    Source to Here This Node/Link
    Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
    0 zzzspina [192.168.0.8]
    100/ 100 =100% |
    1 --- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 10.247.32.1

Trace complete.

C:\Users\michael>

100& = bad
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    m...

0 zzzspina [192.168.0.8]
    1 10.247.32.1
    2 * * *
    Computing statistics for 25 seconds...
    Source to Here This Node/Link
    Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
    0 zzzspina [192.168.0.8]
    100/ 100 =100% |
    1 --- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 10.247.32.1

Trace complete.

Looks like your ISP is blocking the protocol that 'Trace Route' and 'Path Ping' uses. If this is the case, then there is no alternative but to go to your ISP Tech Support, and ask their assistance in diagnosing your connection issues with the STO Servers...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    thx but why would it start now. last couple of days only. getting worst everyday. TRIBBLE :mad:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ok so I did the testing and saved it to a note pad. where do I send the note pad file. thx for the help people. I realy do appreciate it.
    this 300 seconds is slowing down my getting me help. LOL. :eek:
    at least I can still LOL. somewhat.;)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Looks like your ISP is blocking the protocol that 'Trace Route' and 'Path Ping' uses. If this is the case, then there is no alternative but to go to your ISP Tech Support, and ask their assistance in diagnosing your connection issues with the STO Servers...

im sorry I don't quite know what mean. im guessing my ISP stands for internet sevice provider. im not up on the lingo.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    well called internet provider and everything is good from this end. connection is good. signal is good.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well called internet provider and everything is good from this end. connection is good. signal is good.
    The internet is like a highway. It is a bunch of roads that your computer takes to get to your destination. When you do a TraceRt you are checking to see what those roads are, and how many roads it takes to get to your destination.

When you see something that says Timed Out it means your internet road is blocked or going very slowly. You are not getting to your destination properly and that is causing issues with your game play. This is entirely on your ISP's side, as your roads are getting blocked long before it reaches the Cryptic Server. Whatever route your ISP is sending you is not a clear route. It is also important to understand that your ISP can send you different ways for a number of different reasons. There could be blockage in other roads or they might just not even realize the road they are sending you is a problem.

It does not matter if they tell you it is not their fault. The TraceRt shows that the path they are sending you on is not a good path. They are the only ones who can change that path for you.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The issue isn't your connection to your Internet provider. The issue is your Internet provider's connection to the STO Servers...