test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pretty damned hard to get a Borg neural processor these days!

wanghunglo42wanghunglo42 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Reputation System
Boy do they have the difficulty dialed up! And as for Khitomer Vortex Advanced, they went from don't allow 10 probes to pass to don't allow a SINGLE probe to pass!!! Couldn't the devs have tried an intermediate step such as don't let 5 pass? And now the little probes have uber armor such that my big carrier with multiple set pieces, elite hangars, and elite weapons is practically shooting spitballs. Dial it down some, devs, would ya?

-Thanks!

"As with all living things, each according to his gifts."
Post edited by wanghunglo42 on

Comments

• Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you feel like you are shooting spitballs at the Borg these days, one thing you could do is to use STO academy to create a link to your build and request help with refining your build.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If the space queues are too much for you, the ground queues also reward them :)

And if that doesn't work out either, you could potentially get them from the Omega XP rep projects, in time. Even after you max out your Rep, the hourly one remains, giving you Dil the first three times every 20 hours, but can be run infinitely. And every time you slot one for completion, you get an Omega Rep box, which have a small chance of giving you one Neural Processor
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    wanghunglo42wanghunglo42 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And Infected: The Conduit is ridiculous now too! I just had a game come to a stop because a SINGLE nanosphere came out to heal the first (left side) transformer we were working on...and this was BEFORE even a single one of the four generators around it was destroyed...so it didn't even NEED healing!

DEVS...DIAL IT DOWN!!!

-Thanks!

"As with all living things, each according to his gifts."
  • Options
    pdaworldpdaworld Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Some of the space missions are harder than they ground counter part on Same difficulty. Probably done on purpose to get more people to do ground missions, which I'm actually seeing more and more of now.
  • Options
    comic1996comic1996 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think its because people don't have good gear to being with. With people not working as a team. Also, it could be the devs. Yet, sometimes it seems like their are noobs having little to no exp doing a elite mission.
  • Options
    jake111rjake111r Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    TARGET THE NANO PROBES / SPHERES. Destroy the patrols, destroy x1 nanite generator to make the nanite probes appear. LEAVE THE NANITE TRANSFORMER ALONE UNTIL THE NANITE PROBES / SPHERES HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED!
  • Options
    generalklanggeneralklang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Very small chance .. but I've gotten one or two :)

You called it. *very* small chance.

I've gotten one here and there....your odds are better trying to get struck by lightening in a cave.
  • Options
    selunite1982selunite1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ISA KASA CSA CGA and KAGA are all doable. I usually have 3-4 members from my fleet and we pug one or two out of EliieSTF, PublicEliteSTF and i've found some good players in PublicAdvancedSTF channel.
    KASA is the only one that I've been consistently running low on time.
    And by they way my fleet people i do this with are not crazy dpsers most of us run between 10 and 20k dps depending on what ship we're flying.
    Try those channels (EliteSTF requires an invite from a moderator i think but the rest are free to join) you should be able to get your BNP's no problem.
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And Infected: The Conduit is ridiculous now too! I just had a game come to a stop because a SINGLE nanosphere came out to heal the first (left side) transformer we were working on...and this was BEFORE even a single one of the four generators around it was destroyed...so it didn't even NEED healing!

DEVS...DIAL IT DOWN!!!

-Thanks!

Have you tried out Cure Space Advanced?

I did it 1 hour after DR was released with a Scim in full XII rep gear. And since DR was just released you knew everybody else was in T5 or fresh T5U/T6 and XIII gear. Without knowing how my other party members were geared i must have either been the best geared in those early runs or maybe just the most skilled because i had aggro most of the time (thats my ghetto damage meter). You only need 1 person, maybe 2 or even 3 going to each cube and killing them. Two or Three people (or one really geared one) goes to a cube, kills 6 nanites, cube and the sphere at that location. Ignore any other ships even if they are hitting you. Sprint to the middle cube and kill 6 nanites, cube and sphere there. Spring to the last cube and kill 6 nanites, cube and last sphere. Unless it has changed the 3 cubes and 3 spheres are all you need to kill to be able to talk to Kang to get him to warp out. Once he has warped out it doesnt matter how long it takes you to clean up remaining ships you have pretty much completed the instance objectives...just gotta clean up and kill the carrier and you are done. I estimate that with zero outside help or distraction Kang might last 5-7 minutes if all spawned waves are allowed to get to him. If one or two people stay with him to gain partial aggro on some of the mobs hitting him that helps a little bit. It might also help to throw tac team on Kang along with hull and shield heals, preferably the kind that reduces damage to shields and hull or reduce damage by a percentage.

EDIT: ohh and also you probably already know these. But you have a small chance to get them too from the Omega project boxes you get when you do a rep xp project. And when you hit tier 5 with Omega rep your 'care package' that you recieve from them has 10 BNP.
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited November 2014
    They also dialed up Defend Ri'Ihho Advanced. Went from "lets see how many technicians you can rescue" to "you have to rescue ALL the technicians in this tiny amount of time". Ground DPS race. Mind you, not all of us are tactical officers.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My main character is one BNP away from being able to complete an Omega gear project. I've been unable to complete an STF since the first one I ran after DR was released. I have an alt that's just plugging away for the traits, and isn't going to try for any of the gear. He's received three BNPs from rep reward boxes in the last few days. Cryptic, why do you mock me?!?! D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    They also dialed up Defend Ri'Ihho Advanced. Went from "lets see how many technicians you can rescue" to "you have to rescue ALL the technicians in this tiny amount of time". Ground DPS race. Mind you, not all of us are tactical officers.

ground dps is eng what, and sci has lots of aoe also
    jFriX.png