test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Meanwhile in the german Foundry

agarwaencranagarwaencran Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Yes, we are existing :P

And at the beginning: I post these not to make advertising, I will not translate them to english (becauso of my crappy english), this thread is meant as a suggestion for you. Because, the english foundry-com is much bigger as the german, so I think you can make a thing like that, but bigger and better :D

So, but what I'm talking about?

Link to the Thread in the german forum:
http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=348572

Crappy translation from me:
Threadname: [Announcement] Star Trek Online: The Others

After I hate some things in DR, but like somethings, too, slowly I've seen everything and the editor is back online, I thought, that I make my own Add-On.

Or like in Benders words:
http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/blackjackbende47l0qd98bn.jpg
(The reference to games, based on the probability principle and the useing of personen for the satisfaction of primitive instincts of some low species are only meme-based and will not be part from STO:TO)

Enough silly, what am I talking about?

It's more a little project from me, that will include 4 missions, who will all be playable on jul (for the not-pagans: 21.12.2014).
Two of these missions will be playable standalone (on only for romulan Chars, the other only for the KDF), the two others will be part of one of my Mission-series and based on each other.

FAQ
- Why only 4 missions? Becauso this is a big number for this time (2 months) and some other foundry-authors would do only one in this time.
- Do we see something befor the 21.12? I plan to make irregular coming Dev-Blogs (in colour!) and give you background-informations and tell you about the development status.
- Will there be a beta or something like that? Nope, I will ask some other authors to look at the missions (waht am I talking, they have to do this)
- When will we see the first Dev-Blog? "Soon"™ (it comes the next day)
- Where do I become informations? Here! (the german thread) In this thread! Save it in your favs. Write it on a note, make a tattoo with the url (good, not really, but all the same). All Informations to STO:TO will be come in this Thread, I will edited the first post with links to the dev-blogs. So there will be exclusive material to the missions here, that you will only see here (they will not importent to the missions, but give them more background).
- Why are you doing this? Because I can (I hope so). Because I want to do. Because I need a challenge. Because I'm extremly in high spirits (google translate? don't do silly things to me). Because I've this idea for a few months and now I'm doing it. Because the foundry-editor is the most importent part of STO to me (all other content is second-rate) and I want to do something big (has any other to something like this befor?)
- How long will the missions be? I don't know, from this point it's to early to say this. something between 4 minutes and 7 hours...
- Main focus? Star Trek! So, a good mix from drama, comedy, action, social criticism and the Space. And of course like in every foundry improvisation, despair, countless loadscreens, the one or the other crash and some "to it on a other way as you've plan it" (in the story)
- You are crazy. Right.
- Why a english name? Because it sounds better in english. And all STO-AddOns have english names.

So, this was the first to this topic, the first Dev-Blog will come soon (it comes the next day), be eager

Agarwaen "Agar" Crán
Author, PR-Guy and coffeecooking trainee at STO:TO
Star Trek Online: The Foundry

I hope, my english wasn't the ****tiest :D

But, why do I say this to you, it's only a german-foundryproject from a german foundry-author, nothing english.
Like I sayed in the first section, I think you guys can be the same, but bigger and better, becuase the english foundry is bigger as the german (maybe not better, "the krios-conspiracy" is from a friend of me :P).
And I think, it's a good way to bring more attention to the foundry, mostly to the story-content (in the german forum I would now say something about the grinders, but after the "let's downvote all of them" what backfired I say nothing about this exploits...), what is good for all authors.

So, what do you guys think?

And as a "thank you for your attention"-potatoe: my second dev-Blog was a vid, where I make a custom-interior in timelapse (in real time, it was one hour and 37 minutes):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1mGDXRK6Xk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lorne12lorne12 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You're really crazy. But, why not? :D
    You read an lorne12™ post

bZVIEMl.jpg
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Your English isn't too bad :)

Took a look at your video, that is a very nice looking conference room you have there. Made me appreciate just how much nicer custom maps look with those new floors.

Anyway, sounds like a great project. I've always had in the back of my head a desire to rewrite the 2800 series. I always say, if there's a story you'd like to see in STO, or a mission you think you could do better or just differently, we have the perfect tool to make it happen!

Unfortunately, I don't speak German so the missions might be a little lost on me, but keep us updated and we'll give you a plug on the podcast.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • agarwaencranagarwaencran Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Your English isn't too bad :)

Took a look at your video, that is a very nice looking conference room you have there. Made me appreciate just how much nicer custom maps look with those new floors.

Anyway, sounds like a great project. I've always had in the back of my head a desire to rewrite the 2800 series. I always say, if there's a story you'd like to see in STO, or a mission you think you could do better or just differently, we have the perfect tool to make it happen!

Unfortunately, I don't speak German so the missions might be a little lost on me, but keep us updated and we'll give you a plug on the podcast.

Ah, I don't know, I must often look in google-translate ^^

Thank you. Yeah, the new floors are super.

Do it. Yes, you are right here, but I wouldn't say perfect tool, it's a good tool, but not perfect ^^

Damned language barriers :D In the german foundry are much good missions I think you would like (and we have a fanmade 400 pages foundry-manual).

Cool thank you. I must admit, that I've heard from them but not really see them, but always said "sometimes I will look them". I think, know I've a reason :D
  • lorne12lorne12 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ah, I don't know, I must often look in google-translate ^^

Damned language barriers :D In the german foundry are much good missions I think you would like (and we have a fanmade 200 pages foundry-manual).

The manual has more than 400 pages. :D
    You read an lorne12™ post

bZVIEMl.jpg
  • helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ...well I cannot play them, but if you translate into what I call "foreign english" I will gladly have a look at them. English is not my mother tongue too, so I know what it means to express a Trek story no matter what... to simply put, translate a mission from your language to a even "foreign english" version will help to know your story beyond your country. Never mind angloamerican picky people though... even if you let them know you are not native english speaker they will have a go with it in the revvie tab...